:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Why wasn't Domenech fired after the Euro 2008 failure?? WHY?? I absolutely don't get it. Did they just feel like wasting a World Cup? Some countries wait for decades to appear at a World Cup, but France just waste it by not firing this guy? SMH.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

great game

In little pea we trust. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mex go after the win. It was a different team but thats what happened in '02 against italia. Plus keeps us away from arg.

Playing Greece/S. Korea or Argentina makes a big difference. Gotta go for 3 pts next match if you're Mexico.

Juarez will be out (idiot), but he doesn't really look that good in the midfield anyway. So maybe we see more of Barrera or Guardado starts. Vela's injury could be a blessing too.
laugh.gif

euro teams are crumbling it seems...these teams on our side of the globe are showing out

not a supporter of les bleus but...Domenech
smh.gif
what has this man done to france...where did he get his coaching license frm? no team cohesion whats so ever, no tactical approach, and absolutely awful substitutions! this (*&^*& has henry cisse and gourcuff on the sideline and doesnt play either of em
smh.gif

still...chicharito
pimp.gif

As much as Mexico may want to avoid Argentina, you better believe they wont be taking many risks going forward and giving Uruguay a chance to win the match. We've seen many situations like this in past tournaments...teams in Mexico's situation usually opt for caution rather than risk elimination.

Anyways, Mexico usually play Argentina tough...I dont think Mexico will be afraid of Argentina, especially after today's confidence boosting win.

So true.  Getting Argentina in the next round would suck for either Mexico or Uruguay.  I'd go for the 3pts. and hope S.Africa take out France and go out with a bang this World Cup.

So true.  Getting Argentina in the next round would suck for either Mexico or Uruguay.  I'd go for the 3pts. and hope S.Africa take out France and go out with a bang this World Cup.

There's nothing wrong with Conejo Perez but, When are they putting in Ochoa and Guardado? 80

If my memory serves me right, Aguirre risked it on '02. The way he's been making decisions, I wouldn't put this past him.

france and argentina are two different things. mexico will be afraid of argentina should they play them.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by engoi

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

What a bum this dude Demichelis is. He makes those kinds of stupid mistakes at Bayern as well. I never got what the big deal is with him.
This guy is such a bum...he started for Bayern last season when they allowed 4-goals in 1 half to Barcelona. He started for Argentina a few weeks later and they lost 6-1 to Bolivia. He 'anchored' a Bayern defence that conceded a total of 8 goals in the round-of-16 and QFs of the Champions League this season. A backline containing Heinze, Dimechellis and Gutierrez shouldnt exactly inspire confidence in Argentina fans.
Along with Schalke, Bayern got the fewest goals (31 goals in 34 matches)

I don't care how many goals Bayern conceded, Demichelis is a bum who makes stupid mistakes. When Bayern played United, he single-handedly cost them the goal and almost cost them another one, with Bayern being lucky that Rooney wasn't deadly enough on that particular occasion. Argentina were dominant, but those who followed the game closely saw that there are still huge problems in their defense, problems that don't really matter now in the first round anymore, but problems that could very well cost them the World Cup when they meet a quality opponent in the quarter finals and upwards.
Maybe for Argentina and vs Man Utd but in the league he is a good one.

Think about it if you're Mexico. Do you take UNNECESSARY risks to win the match knowing full well that a 1-0 loss could see you go home early? As horrible as France are, they are capable of beating South Africa by 3-goals.

Dont get me wrong, I expect Mexico to go for the win and I dont expect France to do much damage against the hosts but I wouldnt be surprised to see Mexico take it easy. Uruguay look like they have a 98% chance of advancing...they're 5-goals ahead of France and seeing how well they defended in their first 2 matches, I think Mexico will have a tough time scoring multiple goals on them.

As much as Mexico may want to avoid Argentina, you better believe they wont be taking many risks going forward and giving Uruguay a chance to win the match. We've seen many situations like this in past tournaments...teams in Mexico's situation usually opt for caution rather than risk elimination.

Anyways, Mexico usually play Argentina tough...I dont think Mexico will be afraid of Argentina, especially after today's confidence boosting win.
I think their strategy will be conservative in the first half, and they'll reassess at half time. If France is beating the brakes off South Africa, Mexico will obviously continue their conservative tactics and settle for a tie. But in the not-altogether-unlikely scenario that South Africa has the lead, or the game is another dull 0-0 affair, Mexico could push for the win in the second half without risking too much. A tie sends Uruguay through in first anyway, so as long as Mexico doesn't give up their 4 goal GD cushion on France and their 5 GD cushion on South Africa, they can afford to go for the win to avoid Argentina.

Originally Posted by debs 168

france and argentina are two different things. mexico will be afraid of argentina should they play them.

HOW BOUT NO
indifferent.gif
..WE AINT AFRAID OF NOBODY WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STAGES
pimp.gif

Think about it if you're Mexico. Do you take UNNECESSARY risks to win the match knowing full well that a 1-0 loss could see you go home early? As horrible as France are, they are capable of beating South Africa by 3-goals.

Dont get me wrong, I expect Mexico to go for the win and I dont expect France to do much damage against the hosts but I wouldnt be surprised to see Mexico take it easy. Uruguay look like they have a 98% chance of advancing...they're 5-goals ahead of France and seeing how well they defended in their first 2 matches, I think Mexico will have a tough time scoring multiple goals on them.

Doesn't France need 4 goals  because Mexico   won head to head?

Back
Top Bottom