OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

While these arent bad, just wait until the next version comes out. People are going to ROAST/TRASH/BASH the crap out of these lol. Happens every time JB changes a retro from the og; people hate it at first, kindve like when they realize they cant do anything about it but buy, and then bash it once something that actually looks OG comes out. Happened with EVERY single retro 1 from 2013 and its going to happen with these since they arent true blue. 

If jb cant deliver the og form atleast use the 2001 design :rofl:

If jb cant deliver the og form atleast use the 2001 design
roll.gif

The real argument here is the price IMO, charging $220 for something not 100% accurate. If they were $190 people wouldn't be as upset I think. Is the quality worth the price, can some wait and see if there is a discount down the road? Up to the individual. My take is these are close enough to the original to sell out but it's the price that will keep them around for a while, not the subtle differences.

The real argument here is the price IMO, charging $220 for something not 100% accurate. If they were $190 people wouldn't be as upset I think. Is the quality worth the price, can some wait and see if there is a discount down the road? Up to the individual. My take is these are close enough to the original to sell out but it's the price that will keep them around for a while, not the subtle differences.

THIS

But in POV, I think the high price point is why you see ppl griping about subtle differences.

Lets be real, if JB released these @ $160 (not happening), then you will see less griping about small details across the board.

It is the big reason why most $220 "Nike Air" retros sat longer than their Jumpman predecessors from previous years. You put a high price point on something, consumers will finally make rational judgements on they wallets

I know I'm in the minority but I actually like the new color EP better. I wish the width of it was smaller like the OGs though.

Still will have these day 1.

you aren't the only one.

A lot of complaints.

Joints will still sell.

May not sell out first day due to price point and number of releases for the holidays.

But they will be gone.

Wow looking at the back to back pictures. So the pattern is off in numerous areas, the color is now navy, and a new style & shade of elephant print. I see why so many are upset. Me personally I don't remember the OG TBIII shoe so when I see these in person, if they're dope, I'll have no problem wearing them. They're close enough that it's still a good looking shoe.

Were you guys this mad over the BC3 in 2011? The EP on the 2016 TB3 looks similar to the EP on my BC3, and honestly as long as the paint chipping/flaking on the midsole is better I have no problems with these, although I would be slightly happier with a lighter shade of blue, these look fine. We'll get more pics as the release date approaches and know for sure, but all in all, this isn't a bad release by JB.

Were you guys this mad over the BC3 in 2011? The EP on the 2016 TB3 looks similar to the EP on my BC3, and honestly as long as the paint chipping/flaking on the midsole is better I have no problems with these, although I would be slightly happier with a lighter shade of blue, these look fine. We'll get more pics as the release date approaches and know for sure, but all in all, this isn't a bad release by JB.
the EP of all true blue releases to date have been grey, this year's has a beige color to it AND the lines are thick. That, along with the navy blue is bad enough since jb already raised the price to 190 to remaster, then added an extra $30 to make it even truer to the og which they failed to do. Every single NA prior to these may not have corrected shape, but they corrected colors and other small details.

Y'all need to stop trying to silence complaints and acknowledge that people have legit gripes with these because of false promises for a very high price. And people certainly were pissed with the 3s from 2011 for the EP and shiny uppers and paint chipping

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I'm browsing from my phone, but the EP and shade on that 2016 pair doesn't look all that different from my 2009 pair.

EDIT: the $60 markup with no visible improvements over the years does kind of bother me though.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if these TB3s sell out day one. Holidays, black toes, space jams, adidas, a lot coming up for people's wallets. Not saying I won't be in for one pair but at $220 I can't say I'm not disappointed with what I've seen thus far, JB can do better than this. The flaws aren't terrible or dealbreakers by themselves, but together they start to add up: shape is off, padding looks extra, rolled red tongue, elephant print is off, elephant print is not only off but additionally covers much larger sections of the shoe, and shade of blue is off. 

JB had the chance to knock this one out of the park and IMHO looks like a bit of a 'swing and a miss!' 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Yea, I think the darker blue is more lighting issues than anything. Even if it is a tad darker, it definitely doesn't look navy to me at all.

I do agree that the price hike is not justifiable .

I'm worried no NA releases have been announced for next year. I know sneaker blogs have created rumours that the BC 3 all star weekend are dropping, which isn't the case.

These will sell slow but eventually sell out. Similar to WC4 but maybe slower. Super GR, $220, not as much as hype, combined with the the fact that the color is darker than all the previous releases.

Back
Top Bottom