Old-School Takedown Model Appreciation.

Back when I was first getting in sneakers I got the Huarache 2K4 takedowns (I don't remember what they're called) because I didn't know any better

Flightposite 2s and the ugly a** solo flights. Can someone up a pic, I don't feel like getting a computer

black-grey-nike-air-raid-1.jpg

Originally Posted by devildoc76

Don't have pics right now, but the Huarache 2k4 and the Air Total package.Maybe the Flightposite 1's and Air Solo Flights as well....

Co-sign on those Total Package and man I hated those Solo Flights so much back then.
laugh.gif

Are Foamposite Pros takedowns of the Foamposite Ones?

nike-air-penny-1-retro.jpg

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Air Way Up (which i have been waiting for)

nike-air-wayup_.jpg

hate to call them a "takedown", especially when many pro athletes wore em like Iverson in Gtown, i wanna say juwan howard, rasheed wallace, etc

Believe it or not, there was actually a takedown version of the Way Ups. You don't see them much, but there's a pair that has been up on eBay for a long time.
Nike Deterrent Force:

077c_1.JPG

That used to always be the way Nike did it, to just have ridges on the midsoles on the takedown versions of shoes with visible air. 
laugh.gif

Really like this thread though, I had been meaning to put one together for a long time after coming across these examples on eBay randomly. Trying to think if I've got more pics saved somewhere....

Knew there was another major one I was forgetting earlier 
laugh.gif

Zoom Flight

nike-air-zoom-flight.jpg

Thrill Flight

picture-28.png

1995-96-Ait-Thrill-Flight.jpg

1995-96-Air-Thrill-White.jpg

http://miszapas.net/nike-air-thrill-flight/

Air Lambaste

s4mkrb.jpg

abro09.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Lambaste%20black%20white%20130595%20001.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Lambaste%20black%20white%20130595%20001_a-500x500.jpg

Another pic of the Thrill Flights 

tumblr_m03dkvMlVy1qa47iwo1_500.jpg

I feel like there were a couple others that at least shared the "pods" on the side of the midsole. Nike got their money's worth with that design cue 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jshortt

I'm with you on the Son of Gloves. I tried both on, and went with the Sons because they were more comfortable to me. The GP Zooms were just too stiff.

BUT, got to disagree with you on the Flight 89/Jordan IV. The Flights were NOT a take down, and were the flagship non-signature model Nike hoop shoe along with the Alpha/Delta Force. Gotta remember it wasn't like it is now, ONLY Mike wore Jordans back then. 89's were $95 compared to the AJIV's $110. Most take downs were significantly different in price, i.e. the SoG's were $79, to the Zoom GP's $130. I do recall the Flight series getting their own take downs around 91, when the Flight Lites came out. Nike issued the Sabre Flight, which was also a great shoe.

My favorite take downs were probably the Magnum Force 3/4, which were the lesser version of the Ballistic Force. They were like $65, were made of CRAZY soft/durable oiled nubuck, and had the softest cushioning of any Nike I've ever had. Only complaint I had about them was I do remember them running crazy small. Like a full size small, haha.

Peace,
J

Actually the Zoom GP's retailed for 109.99... I remember that very well.... 

larrivee7 wrote:
Knew there was another major one I was forgetting earlier 
laugh.gif

Zoom Flight

nike-air-zoom-flight.jpg

Thrill Flight

picture-28.png

1995-96-Ait-Thrill-Flight.jpg

Air Lambaste

s4mkrb.jpg

abro09.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Lambaste%20black%20white%20130595%20001.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Lambaste%20black%20white%20130595%20001_a-500x500.jpg

Another pic of the Thrill Flights 

tumblr_m03dkvMlVy1qa47iwo1_500.jpg

I feel like there were a couple others that at least shared the "pods" on the side of the midsole. Nike got their money's worth with that design cue 
laugh.gif

I remember a pair of all silver Nikes with black accents and those pods. I remember seeing people wear them around 1999. They might have just been a flight 95 retro but I cant find pics online anywhere.

Can anyone help me with what shoe this was ?

Thanks for the pics larrivee7, air lambaste I forgot I had a pair of those. Keep the pics coming guys, lovin all the mid-late 90's bball/trainer shoes

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Would that really be considered a takedown?

I was wondering the same. I don't really think so, but I could be wrong. The colorway similarities are there, but Nike tends to do that a lot with different models. 
Originally Posted by idrinkyac

Thanks for the pics larrivee7, air lambaste I forgot I had a pair of those. Keep the pics coming guys, lovin all the mid-late 90's bball/trainer shoes
No problem, this is a cool topic IMO. Yeah, I had the white/navy pair of Air Lambaste. Lockdown was terrible on them, with the lace loops being just more laces. Couldn't get those things snug to save my life, really annoying. The first week, one of the loops tore, so I took them back. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Now Nike is charging signature prices for take down model technology. My how things have changed.
----------------

Nike was king at introducing and pushing out shoes for all levels of income.

Some of my favorites:
Back when these released, I was beyond take down. I was taking it back to Payless shoe generics. But I can still appreciate them

Signature:
Air Trainer High - Retail I believe was around $110

Air-Trainer-High-medium-Grey-6494-1large.jpg

Non air take down.. Like 3rd or 4th tier.
Cross Trainer High
Cross-Trainer-High-cosmic-Blue--Green-6478-6477-1large.jpg

---------------------
Signature: Air Trainer SC High I
Air-Trainer-Sc-medicine-Ball-6806-1large.jpg

Takedown (of sorts)
Air Cross Trainer

Air-Cross-Trainer-High-graphite--Regal-Blue-6500-6501-1large.jpg

-------------

Signature:
Air Trainer SC High II
Air-Trainer-Sc-High-firecracker-Red-6812-1large.jpg

Takedown:
Air Cross Trainer High
Air-Cross-Trainer-High-neo-Turquoise--Light-Zane-Grey-6482-6483-1large.jpg

-------------------------------

Signature:
Air Trainer SC High III
Air-Trainer-Sc-High-royal-Blue--Infrared-6822-6823-1large.jpg

Takedown: Air Cross Trainer III i believe:
Air-Cross-Trainer-High-white-black--White-infrared-6890-6891-1large.jpg

---------------------
Signature:
Air Trainer E High
Air-Trainer-E-High-bright-Pink--Persian-Violet-174002-110-174002-111-1large.jpg

Takedown:
Air Cross Trainer High
Air-Cross-Trainer-High-kiwi--Night-Sky-173000-100-173000-101-1large.jpg

-------

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There were also LOWs which had three-four tiers of models..  Lots of variety used to get released. I fear for the future.
Great post!

Don't have pics a the moment but the air python was a takedown of the air Jordan 2
the most recent takedown I can think of is the zoom rookie I consider it a takedown of all the models it is made up from because it has less tech than they do (non existing heel zoom unit only). This shoe is like the solo flight except probably worse performing due to the lack of cushioning . Like Wally sad this is a prime example of "signature price for a takedown model"

Back
Top Bottom