Old-School Takedown Model Appreciation.

what about more recently the jordan 11 and the zoom phenom or if you want to compare the lebron 7 with the jordan 11 those two are also very similar

PYTHONS! Better than AJ2 in my opinion, but I didn't realize they had a cup-sole construction. Thought it had a polyurethane mid-sole like the 2's.

can somebody post the takedown version of this air max uptempo?

nike-air-max-tempo-white-black-mystic-teal-white-uptempo-95-spring-2012-counterkicks.com_.jpg

they were the exact same colorway

white/black/teal
but they didnt have air pockets, and i think they were lowtop.

they had the ridges like this shoe below. (instead of air pockets)
077c_1.JPG

im also sure that ron harper wore them for the bulls. (in the white/black/teal colorway im refering to)

total max uptempo was some takedowns of duncans imo and air max wavys are a takedown of soooo many things with the word posite in it

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Air Way Up (which i have been waiting for)

nike-air-wayup_.jpg

hate to call them a "takedown", especially when many pro athletes wore em like Iverson in Gtown, i wanna say juwan howard, rasheed wallace, etc

Believe it or not, there was actually a takedown version of the Way Ups. You don't see them much, but there's a pair that has been up on eBay for a long time.
Nike Deterrent Force:

077c_1.JPG

That used to always be the way Nike did it, to just have ridges on the midsoles on the takedown versions of shoes with visible air. 
laugh.gif

Really like this thread though, I had been meaning to put one together for a long time after coming across these examples on eBay randomly. Trying to think if I've got more pics saved somewhere....

when i was in 5th or 6th grade, my fav player was penny hardaway, and iwanted the air max penny 1s. back then i wore a size 6 or somethign like that.and the shoe that was actually available as the air penny inGS sizes were the air way up in the orlando colorway. it had thepenny logo on the heel instead of nike, the tounge was pinstriped, the nike onthe side was jeweled blue, etc. etc. it was basically air penny xair way up fusion for kids. remember being disappointed, but stillwore the sht out of them. ive never seen any pics of them on the net, nor havei seen it ever mentioned. anyone on here remember??

air movin uptempo (never had these but i'd surely cop)
Nike_Air_Movin_Uptempo.jpg

takedown of air max uptempo 97 (a.k.a. uptempo 3's)
nike-air-max-uptempo-97-white-black-college-blue-1.jpg

i'm late but i gotta favorite this thread. i love these trainers. i been gettin my nike game up more lately anyway

I wish I was old enough to enjoy these back in the 90s. Some of these are dope even the take down versions.

Originally Posted by ML500

air movin uptempo (never had these but i'd surely cop)
Nike_Air_Movin_Uptempo.jpg

takedown of air max uptempo 97 (a.k.a. uptempo 3's)
nike-air-max-uptempo-97-white-black-college-blue-1.jpg
I regret not picking up the air movin, I had a chance to pick up 2 ds colorways of them about a year ago for close to $100 each.
mad.gif

ive seen tons of post where i wouldnt consider them takedowns or the " modestly price version " it has to look similar ... you were on point larrivee7 i remember those joint they looked like GS's /ps for men

SOMEONE NEEDS TO POST THE PIC OF THE AIR JORDAN XIII AND THE TAKE DOWN MODEL OF THE TEAM JORDAN XIII THAT SAID "JORDAN" ON THE MIDSOLE... ONE OF THE HOTTEST AND MOST MEMORABLE (NEXT TO THE FLIGHTPOSITES) TAKE DOWN/TEAM JORDANS...

I WOULD POST IT BUT YUKU MAKES IT SUCH A HEADACHE

Man I still need a pair of Way Ups in my life. One of my grails...always wanted them when I was a kid but couldn't afford it
frown.gif

Once it was time for my bday, they were the only things I wanted but my sizes were all sold out
30t6p3b.gif

Not sure if many people know this but Take Downs are designed and produced in a place at Nike called the Basement.... something akin to the Kitchen.

Its funny.. cuz as you walk around Campus... you see alot of stuff up on people cubes that are tight.... then you walk in this area where you see all sorts of kicks that appear to be early Samples of Signature kicks..

When in fact they are take downs of those kicks..

^Interesting... so does this still go on today?

I can't recall the last time I saw a LEGIT take down model (unless you want to put fusions in that category
laugh.gif
).

My big bros both got hit with "takedowns." Air Way ups and Air Much Uptemptos were both back to school shoes in my home. Neither was content and my simple *** decided to get some voits that looked like J's.
30t6p3b.gif
Bad idea...

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Interesting... so does this still go on today?

I can't recall the last time I saw a LEGIT take down model (unless you want to put fusions in that category
laugh.gif
).

The Air Max 360 BB look exactly like the LeBron 8 lows and judging by this thread should be considered a takedown.. i know rondo used to wear them and had his own pe's of the BB's though..

Back
Top Bottom