Oso's Journey - My Dog's Battle With Cancer

im #$*#%%# heartbroken for you, man. honestly.

dogs will always have a special spot in my heart. im wishing you, your pup, and your family all of the best.

im %$##+** heartbroken for you, man. honestly.

dogs will always have a special spot in my heart. im wishing you, your pup, and your family all of the best.

I feel heartbroken for you
frown.gif
this is really sad. Make the best of his time while he's still alive.

Hope he get's better man.
I feel sad thinking about the pain he must be going through.
Keep your head up bro, He's not just a dog, !%*@ all these morons in the thread saying other wise.
Dogs are loyal till the end. and even after that.

Prayers going out for your dog man.

Dogs are really good at hiding pain.. I'm sure he's in pain
frown.gif
sad to see the update OP. Stay up fam, I know it's tough especially with how hard moms is taking it. I don't even want to think about one of my dogs passing
tired.gif

Hope he gets better OP. My dog is a part of my family to me. I'd spend as much money as I could if that meant giving my dog a better chance to live. I'm so sorry to hear this about your pup OP, it really hits home that one day I will lose my lil guy.

Why are you paying so much for a vet when we can all pray him to good health? Science and medicine won't save him, only God will.

I know the feeling. Lost my best friend last October to cancer. Hope everything picks up for you man.

Its just a dog, Go get a girl OP smh I cant believe you guys are really in here talking about this

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco3

Its just a dog, Go get a girl OP smh I cant believe you guys are really in here talking about this

Smh.
this dude must be trollin
30t6p3b.gif

OP...sorry to hear about your dog man.

Well guys after doing tons of research I have now started my dog on a raw food, high protein, low carb diet that helps dogs with cancer. He is taking multiple natural supplements and herbs, and today he seemed a little more cheerful. Tomorrow is his appointment with the oncologist to see how bad the cancer is. I'm a little hesitant about chemo and radiation because of all the side effects. There is another alternative route that is becoming popular with cancer patients and thats high dose IV vitamin c therapy which we are looking into. Since you guys helped me with prayers I decided I will update you guys on our journey to beat cancer. I will not let me bud go out like that.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Well guys after doing tons of research I have now started my dog on a raw food, high protein, low carb diet that helps dogs with cancer. He is taking multiple natural supplements and herbs, and today he seemed a little more cheerful. Tomorrow is his appointment with the oncologist to see how bad the cancer is. I'm a little hesitant about chemo and radiation because of all the side effects. There is another alternative route that is becoming popular with cancer patients and thats high dose IV vitamin c therapy which we are looking into. Since you guys helped me with prayers I decided I will update you guys on our journey to beat cancer. I will not let me bud go out like that.
Give it a shot. See what it does. It works in humans I don't see why not with animals. As far as chemo goes, I don't know why you want to put anything or anybody through that in their last days..

good luck with the treatment.

my dog had a similar condition with the swelling of the abdomen. he was already 13 and his energy level had steadily dropped over the previous two years. my thought process was that even if we get him treatment, he's still not going to be the energetic, happy dog he once was and who knows how the recovery process is going to go. if his quality of life isn't going to be good regardless, why prolong it? as much as i wanted him to be around forever, i had to make the decision of putting him down.

watching the vet give him the injection and feeling the weight of my dog's lifeless head fall into my hands is the worst feeling i've ever had.

One of my dogs passed away 2 years ago because of cancer.  Although she was about 14, we still opted for surgery, but it was too late
tired.gif
.  My prayers are with Oso, good luck!...

NikeTalker23, don't even feed the trolls 
laugh.gif

I have no dog, but absolutely love them...Best wishes!

Originally Posted by Based Mod

good luck with the treatment.

my dog had a similar condition with the swelling of the abdomen. he was already 13 and his energy level had steadily dropped over the previous two years. my thought process was that even if we get him treatment, he's still not going to be the energetic, happy dog he once was and who knows how the recovery process is going to go. if his quality of life isn't going to be good regardless, why prolong it? as much as i wanted him to be around forever, i had to make the decision of putting him down.

watching the vet give him the injection and feeling the weight of my dog's lifeless head fall into my hands is the worst feeling i've ever had.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Best of luck OP.

Well wishes go out to you fam. I know the feeling of having a sick dog. I didn't even get to see Deja on her last days. I was away at school and my apartment complex didn't allow me to keep large animals, so ieft her back at home with my famiy. My mother sent me a video of her shaking viciously and another one that showed the skin on her nose deteriorating. I knew treatment was out of the question because I couldn't afford it. So I gave my mom the okay to put her down. A weekend before my birthday, it happened. The hardest part is that I never got to say goodbye.

i feel for you man i was in a similar boat when my dog got real sick all of a sudden... we got home from a hike and she was having trouble walking so we brought her to the hospital and vet said it was cause she was tired or some bs like that. a week later my puppy starts throwing up and stuff so me and my moms take her to the hospital again only this time she had to stay overnight... i wake up the next day and my mom comes in and told me that my little puppy had heart problems so we had to put her down and man i swear i felt like one of my immediate family members had just passed... the sad thing is that she was almost 2 years old.... anyway sorry for the sad story man i hope your situation turns out different than mine

Quick update - With the raw food, high protein/low carb diet I've been feeding him, plus the supplements and the Yunnan Baiyao to stop his internal bleeding, he's been doing much better. Yesterday he actually wanted to go out for a walk, and on our walk he even began running a little bit on his own. His stomach is going down, which hopefully means he's not bleeding internally anymore and the body is reabsorbing the blood in his abdomen. He's even barking at people walking by the house now which is hadn't done in weeks. Tomorrow is our trip to the alternative treatment vet for the beginning of IV high dosage vitamin C therapy. Things are looking better each day and I'm hopeful he can beat this thing! Wish us luck!

Back
Top Bottom