*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Seems like Howie is going to take the Seattle and Green Bay approach to "build the right way". Maybe no djack?

trade: kendricks, barwin and kelce

cut: tobin, Mathews and mckelvin

restructure: celek

hope someone wants to take a flyer on agholor.. and potentially injury settlement with brooks

our starting line isn't bad if guys aren't hurt or suspended.. I'd swap peters and lane: lane, barbre, seumalo, brooks and peters (left to right)

vaitai backs up both tackle spots

Robert woods could also be an option.. and depending on what the Vikings tag thielen at

I'm dead set on going after either Stills/Desean in FA and targeting Corey Davis with our first round pick. Would instantly boost this offense with a deep threat and I think Davis will be a stud in the league with a TO like skill set, he can really do it all.

Davis/Stills/Jmatt/Ertz is a nice young group of weapons to build with around Wentz and I want to give DGB one more year as well to see if he can at least develop into a red zone weapon.

Rounds 2 and 3 I say we take 2 CB's maybe a Desmond King/Kevin King type of combo... This draft is deep with CBs so I feel like we can get some gems if 2 of our top 3 picks are on CBs.

In the later rounds, I want us to take a risk and grab Joe Mixon... kid is a first round talent who will drop due to those character concerns which is obviously worrisome but hopefully he has learned from his mistakes.

Mix in a pass rusher and OL in the draft and if we can try to resign Logan and go to work. I actually like the state of our OL with Seumalo/Vaitai picking up some invaluable experience and Lane Johnson coming back with a vengeance next season. If Wentz is what we all think he is than we should be quite an improved team next season with an offseason plan similar to this.

^ going be better CBs available in high 2nd, or certain RBs.. competent WRs would be better than what we got not

Also some guess we could get later on in draft that could be impact guys and develop: like Switzer or goodwin or even dude who declared out of OSU (Noah brown)

CBs is super deep.. and certain other typical positions are going cause guys to drop.. king probably goes 3rd right now

But we need the draft to fall our way, like when we ended up with fletch.. we wanna go BPA, but hopefully that is at one of our primary need spots (offensive playmakers but specifically at: WR, RB) .. then other spots: CB.. then maybe DE.. then Oline depth

But we went 4 WRs most of the years, could easily see: jmatt, FA, draft & draft

Even if we don't go Davis or Williams in the 1st.. cook and mccaffrey, if drafted, would play huge roles in passing game

We have 8 picks right now

We need at least 1: WR, RB & CB

Then probably at least pass rusher, probably a DE (since barwin should be gone.. depending on the price, could see us letting Bennie walk)

Vaitai will be the backup at both tackle spots.. we need another guard to develop, so 1 OG (hopefully we move Kelce and cut Tobin.. and seumalo is starting at center)

Leaves us 3 more picks, if we go strictly on that basis

Could also use a LB

Bouye is an intriguing player, not sure if he's a product
of the Texans D though. PFF had him as the highest graded corner thru week 7, but I doubt Howie throws a big contract since it seems like he is adamant about building thru draft

looks like Greg Lewis was fired
good lord.. I mean I'm not sure how much polishing of that turd they really expected from dude..

only knock I can really give dude was how our receivers used their hands once they got off the line.. was weird was like they were trying to use their hands to juke dudes

best example was the 2 point play vs the ravens.. not sure if that is something that was taught or what, but obviously there are better ways you can use your hands to create actual separation

check jmatt AND dgb:

Last edited:
Undlin should be fired. Greg Lewis wasn't given much to work with either but oh well
what did we give undlin?

I mean dude is looking kinda funny in the light without the Denver CBs.. but I mean look at what they got and what we got

It's the Nolan situation lol I've honestly never seen him get blown by. He gets beat because he never turns his head. That's on the coaches. How many ints would he have if he turned his head

Conor@MylesSheet 14m14 minutes ago

Think silver lining of Lewis' fire is team isn't confident enough in him to develop WR's, especially if they plan on using high pick on one.

Jesus Zoidberg@JesusZoidberg 15m15 minutes ago

People say scapegoating, it can be both ****** wide receivers, and having an inexperienced coach.

Jesus Zoidberg@JesusZoidberg 11m11 minutes ago

Just because you fire a coach doesn't mean you absolve the players.

Jesus Zoidberg@JesusZoidberg 6m6 minutes ago

I will say this, the F in NFL doesn't stand for fair, and if the Eagles plan to spend high resources on WR, better make sure coach is good.
It's the Nolan situation lol I've honestly never seen him get blown by. He gets beat because he never turns his head. That's on the coaches. How many ints would he have if he turned his head
saw this on the WRs.. which goes to that point too:

Jesus Zoidberg@JesusZoidberg 8m8 minutes ago

The fact that by week 17 Eagles WRs didn't come back to balls and still caught balls with their body was an issue.
Results driven business. He needs to go for sure
Matt Lombardo@MattLombardo975 11m11 minutes ago

I'm not the least bit surprised by Lewis' firing. Never had prior NFL experience coaching WRs, this group didn't improve a bit this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom