Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Kobe did NOT have a better supporting cast than Lebron. Lebron took them to the finals because of the horrible eastern conference (aside from 1 or 2 teams). And when Lebron finally went against a west team in the playoffs, they got swept.
"Also Lebron has better stats"

Uhm.. ok? That means nothing. Like I said, that's like saying Oscar is better than Jordan because of stats.
Lol @ your excuses for Kobe. You claim the only reason he has a low FG% is becuase his lack of a supporting cast for a few years. You know what, I'll give you that. But what about now? Why did he lead the league in missed shots this year when he had the highest paid most stacked roster in the NBA. Why did he have the highest usage in the league and didn't have more assists?

And stats mean nothing? They don't mean everything, just almost everything. When you make a basket, that's a stat. When you steal the ball, that's a stat. When you foul someone, that's a stat. When you win a game, that's a stat. Stats are not some technical miniscule details that are just numbers on a page. They're what you do and what happened, written down. If i told you, "ZOMGZ, Kobe scored 81 points", would you say "that's just a stat. That doesn't mean anything"?

I also said that Kobe has a low fg% because he mainly shoots 3's and 18-footers. While Lebron attacks the basket most of the time and mainly gets his points in the paint from dunks and layups.
Chris Paul has a better FG% than Lebron, but does that make him a better player? No. Yes stats are important to an extent, but it shouldn't be the main reason to why someone is better than someone else.

And yeah, I'll give you that. Kobe shoots WAY too much, and that's why he misses all those shots. But his game-winners, clutch shots, clutch 3's, and scoring outburts in the playoffs make up for that imo.
Wow. His 26% shooting in the "clutch" in the playoffs? Really? His game winners in the playoffs? All 1 of them for his entire career? lol.

Kobe did NOT have a better supporting cast than Lebron. Lebron took them to the finals because of the horrible eastern conference (aside from 1 or 2 teams). And when Lebron finally went against a west team in the playoffs, they got swept.
"Also Lebron has better stats"

Uhm.. ok? That means nothing. Like I said, that's like saying Oscar is better than Jordan because of stats.
Lol @ your excuses for Kobe. You claim the only reason he has a low FG% is becuase his lack of a supporting cast for a few years. You know what, I'll give you that. But what about now? Why did he lead the league in missed shots this year when he had the highest paid most stacked roster in the NBA. Why did he have the highest usage in the league and didn't have more assists?

And stats mean nothing? They don't mean everything, just almost everything. When you make a basket, that's a stat. When you steal the ball, that's a stat. When you foul someone, that's a stat. When you win a game, that's a stat. Stats are not some technical miniscule details that are just numbers on a page. They're what you do and what happened, written down. If i told you, "ZOMGZ, Kobe scored 81 points", would you say "that's just a stat. That doesn't mean anything"?

I also said that Kobe has a low fg% because he mainly shoots 3's and 18-footers. While Lebron attacks the basket most of the time and mainly gets his points in the paint from dunks and layups.
Chris Paul has a better FG% than Lebron, but does that make him a better player? No. Yes stats are important to an extent, but it shouldn't be the main reason to why someone is better than someone else.

And yeah, I'll give you that. Kobe shoots WAY too much, and that's why he misses all those shots. But his game-winners, clutch shots, clutch 3's, and scoring outburts in the playoffs make up for that imo.
Wow. His 26% shooting in the "clutch" in the playoffs? Really? His game winners in the playoffs? All 1 of them for his entire career? lol.

I would like to see this stat
nerd.gif

I would like to see this stat
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

LBJ isnt better than MJ now, but he has potential to be. Point Blank.

The thing that gets me is the hate for LeBron. I was having this argument with some dude a few minutes ago. Dude said LeBron is overrated/gets too much credit
indifferent.gif

**%% had me heated.
Kobe stans hate LeBron because he shatters their fantasy of Kobe being the best. MJ worshipers hate him because they want MJ to be the best FOREVER and LeBron is a legit threat to dethrone him. MJ is still the best, but there WILL be someone better at some point. Eventually, it's gonna happen. NOBODY stays on top forever. Wilt STILL has multiple records that will never be broken, but better players have come along since his day. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And they will say the most OUTLANDISH THINGS too

This is the conversation for anyone who cares

Spoiler [+]

• Dude: Lebron is so $%@+#%% overrated. He's an amazing player no doubt about it, probably in the top 50 players of all time but Dirk/Durant/Kobe are better than him.

• Me: LMAO yea ite Richie. LeBron is no doubt the best player in the league.

• Dude: yea just no, when you have two star players around you getting you rebounds and dropping twenty+ points every game carrying you, your not that amazing

• Me: Lol, you forget that LeBron has done the same thing on the Cavs for 8 straight years no?

• Dude: 8 years of no ring makes sense too
    happy.gif

• Me: Cant win by yourself pleyboi

• Dude: 8 years of no ring also makes sense
    happy.gif

• Me: Lol take the L Rich, you arent winning here

• Dude: I'm just telling you straight facts
    happy.gif
    stop living in denial [emoji]9829[/emoji]

• Me: Lol Im not living in denial, youre just not living in reality. Face facts. LeBron is the greatest player in the league. Point blank. And he will eventually get rings so that whole argument about him being ringless is gunna get old. No one can win by themselves. Tell me one team that one with 1 player and a bunch of scrubs?

• Dude: Ummm the cavaliers team weren't bunch of scrubs in pretty sure iiugaskas Eddie jones etc. Were scoring pretty decent points and supporting Lebron. Calling cavaliers a bunch of scrubs is the lamest excuse ever.‎

• Me: 09-10 season the Cavs went 61-21. THE SAME EXACT TEAM went 19–63 WITHOUT LeBron. The Cavs are %++! without LeBron and have always been. Ilguaskas? Eddie Jones? Oh yea such a dynamic trio against the Celtics, the Pistons, the Spurs.

• Dude: Lmfaoooo it wasn't the same roster check your facts. Just because Lebron didn't have house hold names except the player from wizards I forgot his name xD but seriously dude Lebron had a very good team and in the championship he failed to produce numbers.

• Me: The Cavs were a bunch of role players + LeBron. He didnt have a good team, he was the TEAM with a bunch of ok role players. Antawn Jamison, is waaaaay past his prime. He was a non factor with the Cavs. Big Z was well on his way to declining throught the years the Cavs had LeBron. Mo Williams was the best player he ever played with and Mo Williams isnt gunna cut it. HE SINGLE HANDILY beat the Pistons in 07 took the Cavs to the NBA Finals. He averaged 22.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.8 assists. THATS NOT PRODUCING AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS AND DEFENSES IN THE LEAGUE?

• Dude: Who cares about 07' I'm talking about last year when he had the strongest team. According to you players can't be good unless it's a known name. Cavaliers had a very solid team last year which enabled them to have the best record in NBA and BEAT the best teams in NBA during the regular season. I know playoffs is different but if you beat someone during the regular season you know your capable of defeating them, so Lebron going to the finals and failing to provide numbers his teams fault? Man up and admit he #*#*%% up and top players can handle pressure and earn rings.

• Me: When did I say players cant be good unless theyre names are known? When did I say that? And exactly, the regular season and the playoffs ARE NOT THE SAME THING. He lost to the Celtics,  who were the CHAMPIONS BEFORE and one of the best defensive teams in the League. So LeBron, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and gunna match up well with the Celtics Big 4? And how did he *+%% up and fail to provide numbers? He averaged 26.8ppg 9.3reb 7.2ast in that serious. YOU HAVE TO BE $%@+#%% KIDDING ME to believe that he didnt provide numbers. And yea down the stretch he may have not shot well, but who else is gunna score? Mo Williams? Nah? Antawn Jamison? No.

• Dude: Why can't they score? They were putting up decent numbers in the beginning of the series. Illugaskas averaged around 20 points per game. I remember during the beginning of the series cavaliers did a fine job holding the celtics.  Umm you said that cavaliers weren't a good team because they didn't have a "trio" Which is referring to a team of three house hold names pretty much same thing as saying if your names known your a good player. At the end of the day lebrons an amazing athlete but he gets way too much credit over players like dirk who's been lighting it up for years and young player like Durant because he's in a ##!#%! team with no players at all maybe other than westbrook

• Me: Oh yea? Z averaged 20 ppg? Try 1.7 buddy. Mo Williams? 14.4. Jamison? 15. And yes the Cavs trio in comparison to the Celtics Big 4 are not gunna cut it. And to say LeBron gets way too much credit/ is overrated is LAUGHABLE. 2 time MVP, NBA Rookie of the Year,
    NBA Scoring Champion, 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP, 7× NBA All-Star, 7× All-NBA, 3× NBA All-Defensive,NBA All-Rookie First Team. That man is overrated and gets too much credit. LMAO yea ok. And KD has a ##!#%! team? OKC sucks? Come one Rich. LeBron is hands down the best player in the League.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

LBJ isnt better than MJ now, but he has potential to be. Point Blank.

The thing that gets me is the hate for LeBron. I was having this argument with some dude a few minutes ago. Dude said LeBron is overrated/gets too much credit
indifferent.gif

**%% had me heated.
Kobe stans hate LeBron because he shatters their fantasy of Kobe being the best. MJ worshipers hate him because they want MJ to be the best FOREVER and LeBron is a legit threat to dethrone him. MJ is still the best, but there WILL be someone better at some point. Eventually, it's gonna happen. NOBODY stays on top forever. Wilt STILL has multiple records that will never be broken, but better players have come along since his day. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And they will say the most OUTLANDISH THINGS too

This is the conversation for anyone who cares

Spoiler [+]

• Dude: Lebron is so $%@+#%% overrated. He's an amazing player no doubt about it, probably in the top 50 players of all time but Dirk/Durant/Kobe are better than him.

• Me: LMAO yea ite Richie. LeBron is no doubt the best player in the league.

• Dude: yea just no, when you have two star players around you getting you rebounds and dropping twenty+ points every game carrying you, your not that amazing

• Me: Lol, you forget that LeBron has done the same thing on the Cavs for 8 straight years no?

• Dude: 8 years of no ring makes sense too
    happy.gif

• Me: Cant win by yourself pleyboi

• Dude: 8 years of no ring also makes sense
    happy.gif

• Me: Lol take the L Rich, you arent winning here

• Dude: I'm just telling you straight facts
    happy.gif
    stop living in denial [emoji]9829[/emoji]

• Me: Lol Im not living in denial, youre just not living in reality. Face facts. LeBron is the greatest player in the league. Point blank. And he will eventually get rings so that whole argument about him being ringless is gunna get old. No one can win by themselves. Tell me one team that one with 1 player and a bunch of scrubs?

• Dude: Ummm the cavaliers team weren't bunch of scrubs in pretty sure iiugaskas Eddie jones etc. Were scoring pretty decent points and supporting Lebron. Calling cavaliers a bunch of scrubs is the lamest excuse ever.‎

• Me: 09-10 season the Cavs went 61-21. THE SAME EXACT TEAM went 19–63 WITHOUT LeBron. The Cavs are %++! without LeBron and have always been. Ilguaskas? Eddie Jones? Oh yea such a dynamic trio against the Celtics, the Pistons, the Spurs.

• Dude: Lmfaoooo it wasn't the same roster check your facts. Just because Lebron didn't have house hold names except the player from wizards I forgot his name xD but seriously dude Lebron had a very good team and in the championship he failed to produce numbers.

• Me: The Cavs were a bunch of role players + LeBron. He didnt have a good team, he was the TEAM with a bunch of ok role players. Antawn Jamison, is waaaaay past his prime. He was a non factor with the Cavs. Big Z was well on his way to declining throught the years the Cavs had LeBron. Mo Williams was the best player he ever played with and Mo Williams isnt gunna cut it. HE SINGLE HANDILY beat the Pistons in 07 took the Cavs to the NBA Finals. He averaged 22.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.8 assists. THATS NOT PRODUCING AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS AND DEFENSES IN THE LEAGUE?

• Dude: Who cares about 07' I'm talking about last year when he had the strongest team. According to you players can't be good unless it's a known name. Cavaliers had a very solid team last year which enabled them to have the best record in NBA and BEAT the best teams in NBA during the regular season. I know playoffs is different but if you beat someone during the regular season you know your capable of defeating them, so Lebron going to the finals and failing to provide numbers his teams fault? Man up and admit he #*#*%% up and top players can handle pressure and earn rings.

• Me: When did I say players cant be good unless theyre names are known? When did I say that? And exactly, the regular season and the playoffs ARE NOT THE SAME THING. He lost to the Celtics,  who were the CHAMPIONS BEFORE and one of the best defensive teams in the League. So LeBron, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and gunna match up well with the Celtics Big 4? And how did he *+%% up and fail to provide numbers? He averaged 26.8ppg 9.3reb 7.2ast in that serious. YOU HAVE TO BE $%@+#%% KIDDING ME to believe that he didnt provide numbers. And yea down the stretch he may have not shot well, but who else is gunna score? Mo Williams? Nah? Antawn Jamison? No.

• Dude: Why can't they score? They were putting up decent numbers in the beginning of the series. Illugaskas averaged around 20 points per game. I remember during the beginning of the series cavaliers did a fine job holding the celtics.  Umm you said that cavaliers weren't a good team because they didn't have a "trio" Which is referring to a team of three house hold names pretty much same thing as saying if your names known your a good player. At the end of the day lebrons an amazing athlete but he gets way too much credit over players like dirk who's been lighting it up for years and young player like Durant because he's in a ##!#%! team with no players at all maybe other than westbrook

• Me: Oh yea? Z averaged 20 ppg? Try 1.7 buddy. Mo Williams? 14.4. Jamison? 15. And yes the Cavs trio in comparison to the Celtics Big 4 are not gunna cut it. And to say LeBron gets way too much credit/ is overrated is LAUGHABLE. 2 time MVP, NBA Rookie of the Year,
    NBA Scoring Champion, 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP, 7× NBA All-Star, 7× All-NBA, 3× NBA All-Defensive,NBA All-Rookie First Team. That man is overrated and gets too much credit. LMAO yea ok. And KD has a ##!#%! team? OKC sucks? Come one Rich. LeBron is hands down the best player in the League.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

It's crazy how people just disregard what Kobe Bryant has done in the NBA.

I'm no stan but Kobe Bean Bryant's game will not be truly appreciated until he's gone.

It's crazy how people just disregard what Kobe Bryant has done in the NBA.

I'm no stan but Kobe Bean Bryant's game will not be truly appreciated until he's gone.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

didn't kobe still have lamar odom? who's better than mo williams?
not to mention phil jackson?

bring any year of kobe, i can EASILY back up with bron's 
lol every single player on that cavs roster was better then everyone on the lakers roster besides Kobe and Lamar and we both know that, dont even try to go there with that argument...

laugh.gif

Ok this is a semi valid point cause honestly both teams had the worst supporting cast that year. Which one is worse is hard to tell cause let's be honest it's like telling someone to pick their poison. No #1 option would want to be stuck with those group of player. 
Laker - Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Devean George.... 

Besides Odom none of those other player would even start on another team. (Ok kwame started a couple of games with the bobcats but look at the past couple of season 32 starts in 3 years
sick.gif
)

Cavs -Big Z, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones, Eric Snow, Varejao, Ronald Murray...

Yeah beside Varejao everyone else is either out of the league of riding the bench somewhere else.

So lets not argue about who had the worst supporting cast cause they both sucked
roll.gif

laugh.gif

yea but one team went to the finals and the other one went straight to summer break after 1st round. 

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

didn't kobe still have lamar odom? who's better than mo williams?
not to mention phil jackson?

bring any year of kobe, i can EASILY back up with bron's 
lol every single player on that cavs roster was better then everyone on the lakers roster besides Kobe and Lamar and we both know that, dont even try to go there with that argument...

laugh.gif

Ok this is a semi valid point cause honestly both teams had the worst supporting cast that year. Which one is worse is hard to tell cause let's be honest it's like telling someone to pick their poison. No #1 option would want to be stuck with those group of player. 
Laker - Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Devean George.... 

Besides Odom none of those other player would even start on another team. (Ok kwame started a couple of games with the bobcats but look at the past couple of season 32 starts in 3 years
sick.gif
)

Cavs -Big Z, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones, Eric Snow, Varejao, Ronald Murray...

Yeah beside Varejao everyone else is either out of the league of riding the bench somewhere else.

So lets not argue about who had the worst supporting cast cause they both sucked
roll.gif

laugh.gif

yea but one team went to the finals and the other one went straight to summer break after 1st round. 

We've already seen LeBron's athletic and productive prime. He wasn't as demonstratively good as Jordan, on either side of the ball, in the regular season or in the playoffs. Unlikely he'll ever be as accomplished as Jordan either, individually or otherwise, and those counting stat records mean nothing in a a comparison of who was better so they shouldn't be brought up. Thus, it's safe to say LeBron was never and will never be better. Deal with it.

We've already seen LeBron's athletic and productive prime. He wasn't as demonstratively good as Jordan, on either side of the ball, in the regular season or in the playoffs. Unlikely he'll ever be as accomplished as Jordan either, individually or otherwise, and those counting stat records mean nothing in a a comparison of who was better so they shouldn't be brought up. Thus, it's safe to say LeBron was never and will never be better. Deal with it.

I have to disagree with Scottie on this one...

For what its worth, last year NBA.com asked a number of hall of fame forwards what they thought about Lebron after he won his 2nd MVP award, and Larry Bird basically said the same thing..

"When I watch LeBron James, a lot of times I think he's just out there teasing with the teams. He's getting other people involved early. Now, he can make the shots. He's awesome to watch.

"He's one guy in the league that I think he'll probably be better than all of us when it's all said and done."
-- Larry Bird

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/01/lebron.mvp/index.html

I have to disagree with Scottie on this one...

For what its worth, last year NBA.com asked a number of hall of fame forwards what they thought about Lebron after he won his 2nd MVP award, and Larry Bird basically said the same thing..

"When I watch LeBron James, a lot of times I think he's just out there teasing with the teams. He's getting other people involved early. Now, he can make the shots. He's awesome to watch.

"He's one guy in the league that I think he'll probably be better than all of us when it's all said and done."
-- Larry Bird

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/01/lebron.mvp/index.html

Teammates being equal, if I had to pick ONE man in the history of the NBA to win ONE game for a championship, it would be Michael Jordan over everybody.  Next would be Magic and Larry.  Michael Jordan is the most cold-blooded, ruthless competitor in the history of professional team sports, and that can't be measured by height, weight, points, assists, or rebounds.  Lebron is a great player, sure.  But would Michael Jordan during his title years LET someone like Lebron James beat him?  Hell no.  Jordan denied almost an entire GENERATION of players from winning a title, and the only reason Olajuwon and Drexler won was because he was busy chasing curveballs for 18 months.
Jordan at age 25, 26 would NEVER quit on his team against a superior opponent, such as Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons, like Lebron clearly did in exasperation against the Celtics last year.  And Jordan would've NEVER signed as a free agent with two other stars to help carry the load.  Also, Jordan won all 6 titles WITHOUT a dominant low-post scorer, which is something Kobe and even Bird and Magic can't say.  Jordan also played during the most rugged, brutal defensive era in NBA history, leading to all the defensive rule changes players today enjoy.  The NBA today is LESS physical than NCAA basketball right now...it's a Euroleague dominated by small, quick point guards and finesse players (there's only ONE truly dominant center in the NBA now - Dwight Howard). 

A lot of you keep mentioning stats and hardware but you're overlooking the intangibles.  Jordan in his prime would rip Lebrons's beating heart out, stomp on it, gulp down a Gatorade, then smoke a victory cigar.

Case closed, mofos.

Teammates being equal, if I had to pick ONE man in the history of the NBA to win ONE game for a championship, it would be Michael Jordan over everybody.  Next would be Magic and Larry.  Michael Jordan is the most cold-blooded, ruthless competitor in the history of professional team sports, and that can't be measured by height, weight, points, assists, or rebounds.  Lebron is a great player, sure.  But would Michael Jordan during his title years LET someone like Lebron James beat him?  Hell no.  Jordan denied almost an entire GENERATION of players from winning a title, and the only reason Olajuwon and Drexler won was because he was busy chasing curveballs for 18 months.
Jordan at age 25, 26 would NEVER quit on his team against a superior opponent, such as Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons, like Lebron clearly did in exasperation against the Celtics last year.  And Jordan would've NEVER signed as a free agent with two other stars to help carry the load.  Also, Jordan won all 6 titles WITHOUT a dominant low-post scorer, which is something Kobe and even Bird and Magic can't say.  Jordan also played during the most rugged, brutal defensive era in NBA history, leading to all the defensive rule changes players today enjoy.  The NBA today is LESS physical than NCAA basketball right now...it's a Euroleague dominated by small, quick point guards and finesse players (there's only ONE truly dominant center in the NBA now - Dwight Howard). 

A lot of you keep mentioning stats and hardware but you're overlooking the intangibles.  Jordan in his prime would rip Lebrons's beating heart out, stomp on it, gulp down a Gatorade, then smoke a victory cigar.

Case closed, mofos.

Originally Posted by AirJordans23

Case closed, mofos.
This whole post is all that needs to be said.  Lock this thread up.

Back
Top Bottom