PLEASE LOCK PLEASE LOCK: GSWARRIORS '14/15 SEASON THREAD VOL. NBA CHAMPS!

Playing like we supposed to :smokin

EDIT: just seen the road trip shouldn't seem to difficult, just hoping the team stays healthy

Last edited:
I remember last year we started pretty similar, with blow outs and garbage time.

Just need to keep Bogut healthy, buy the guy a tempurpedic bed so he doesn't sleep wrong.

Because for the time being are those boys.

Last year we had trouble beating teams we were clearly better than.

Kerr is righting that ship thus far.

I might be one of the few people that actually am glad to have David Lee as insurance. The starting lineup should stay with Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green, and Bogut. However, a second unit of Livingston, Barbosa, Iggy, Lee, and Speights is pretty amazing. They'll be able to score buckets on buckets. Lee is pretty awesome at scoring and he just needs the right defensive matchup to play against. He does fine against 2nd string level talent - it's just the Griffins, Aldridge, etc type starter pf's he can't stick. That 2nd unit is better than the Lakers and Philly's starting units easily. There is always a home for someone that is as deadly a scorer as he is. I really hope we don't get rid of him. When the game slows down it is important to have that sort of passing + scoring ability in the halfcourt. I wish we had a pre-injury Carl Landry tho instead of him lol.

It is so much fun to watch the Dubs. I'm out here in Korea repping my old skool Mullin jersey all day everyday!

I might be one of the few people that actually am glad to have David Lee as insurance. The starting lineup should stay with Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green, and Bogut. However, a second unit of Livingston, Barbosa, Iggy, Lee, and Speights is pretty amazing. They'll be able to score buckets on buckets. Lee is pretty awesome at scoring and he just needs the right defensive matchup to play against. He does fine against 2nd string level talent - it's just the Griffins, Aldridge, etc type starter pf's he can't stick. That 2nd unit is better than the Lakers and Philly's starting units easily. There is always a home for someone that is as deadly a scorer as he is. I really hope we don't get rid of him. When the game slows down it is important to have that sort of passing + scoring ability in the halfcourt. I wish we had a pre-injury Carl Landry tho instead of him lol.

It is so much fun to watch the Dubs. I'm out here in Korea repping my old skool Mullin jersey all day everyday!

i agree, so long as he's coming off the bench. the reality is, unless speights can continue to play out his mind on offense, we need a player like david lee to play in the paint against teams like the spurs, who shutdown our perimeter consistently. how many 20 footers did we take two weeks ago against them because they slowed down klay and steph??

Last edited:
One hell of an expensive insurance policy.

Not sure I see him in the same light in terms of offense.

Awful game...You know you're struggling when MO is your MVP of tonight's game.

Turnovers, missed lay ups, and terrible shot selection.

Feels like I'm watching the 49ers game all over again. Defense has been solid but the offense has been garbage.

Not pleased with what I see from Rush. Not that I expected a huge contribution, but nowhere near who he was a few years back.

From his few shots he's taken, looks like his legs aren't there, completely short.

Not pleased with what I see from Rush. Not that I expected a huge contribution, but nowhere near who he was a few years back.

From his few shots he's taken, looks like his legs aren't there, completely short.

It is really hard to judge someone in these short spurts though. Any athlete needs rhythm and flow to get back into a game, especially someone that is a mid-tier player to start with. I honestly think that if he took Barnes minutes he would be similarly effective. The main difference being that Barnes has the potential to drastically improve so that is the real benefit of playing him a lot to test it out. I agree though...he looks weaksauce out there right now. I'm actually a little annoyed that Justin Holiday isn't getting more burn. He plays pretty well, is aggressive, and is a beast defender. I guess it is just too risky for Kerr to try developing him right now.

This game epitomizes what worries me about the Warriors - they still aren't great in playoff type games thus far (slowed down, execution wins). It is a long season though and they'll continue developing that chemistry that leads to good shots. Today, they couldn't run stuff well enough to get good shots. No Dlee or Bogut makes that a reality though. You need a good passing big with the sort of offense that they run.

This OKC game really brought to light how important Bogut is to this team. This team is not a title contender without him. It's not just the defensive presence. Ball movement is gone when Bogut is out.

This OKC game really brought to light how important Bogut is to this team. This team is not a title contender without him. It's not just the defensive presence. Ball movement is gone when Bogut is out.

the okc gm? just look at the clips series last yr. w's lack of size made deandre look like wilt out there.

the okc gm? just look at the clips series last yr. w's lack of size made deandre look like wilt out there.

Ibaka was licking his chops when bogut went down....perkins is a dirty ******* rat bastard for that ***** made elbow on bogut

Such a hard decision with Bogut. Rest him more often and risk losing home court in the playoffs ? Warriors aren't serious contenders without him

Bogut has proven that he is a valuable asset to this team. He is the first legit center that we've had in YEARS. I'm hoping that he'll be fine.

Such a hard decision with Bogut. Rest him more often and risk losing home court in the playoffs ? Warriors aren't serious contenders without him
I don't think you have to rest him. Just spread out his minutes with the other big men. I believe that Ezeli and Kuz are decent back ups to give Bogut a breather. It's good to see Speights doing his thing.

I think the Warriors will be somewhat better once Festus gets more time, you can tell he's still getting back into playing shape. Can't really fault him after missing an entire season, especially since he hasn't been playing basketball for a long time.

That's the defensive perspective, which I totally agree with and has been brought up before. What I meant about the okc game is the offensive presence. Without Bogut or D. Lee, the ball movement takes a huge hit with this team. Say what you want about D. Lee but his passing skills for a big man are pretty damn good. And Bogut is an elite passing Center. 

smokin.gif

Super early in the season to celebrate but games like tonight and two days ago against OKC would have been L's the previous years. 

Road trips are the true measurables in the NBA...

Dwade didn't play tonight, so that's part of this...

VERY happy to see how we pull out W's even with slow starts

Back
Top Bottom