PLEASE LOCK PLEASE LOCK: GSWARRIORS '14/15 SEASON THREAD VOL. NBA CHAMPS!

i wonder if steph has his turnover-agreement with his mom in effect for the ASG

much like his love life, klay out there droppin dimes...but i have a feeling that his game does not translate into exciting allstar game material

There are reportedly teams around the league that would be interested in facilitating a trade of David Lee if the Warriors also give up draft picks in the deal.

While ownership is hesitant to upset the chemistry in Golden State by trading away a popular locker room guy, it's something the organization should consider as removing the $15 million owed to Lee next season would allow the Warriors to avoid the luxury tax when they are forced to give Draymond Green close to a max-contract during the offseason. Lee is a starting caliber power forward, and he will offer plenty of upside if he lands in the right situation.

On the flip side...

Draymond Green would be interested in pursuing an offer sheet with the Pistons when he becomes a restricted free agent this offseason.

Last edited:
In for two years from now when the "David Lee was good for us" stuff starts

There are reportedly teams around the league that would be interested in facilitating a trade of David Lee if the Warriors also give up draft picks in the deal.

While ownership is hesitant to upset the chemistry in Golden State by trading away a popular locker room guy, it's something the organization should consider as removing the $15 million owed to Lee next season would allow the Warriors to avoid the luxury tax when they are forced to give Draymond Green close to a max-contract during the offseason. Lee is a starting caliber power forward, and he will offer plenty of upside if he lands in the right situation.

On the flip side...

Draymond Green would be interested in pursuing an offer sheet with the Pistons when he becomes a restricted free agent this offseason.

dray will get close to max, though? so we're talking $12mil+? i understand keeping our team chemistry heading into next season but that's over paying for a strong defender who hits the occasional three.

between klay, bogut, lee, iggy and steph's impending contract, this team's salary is gonna be incredibly top heavy. if they give dray close to max, pur bench will be full with the likes of mark madsens

Last edited:
dray will get close to max, though? so we're talking $12mil+? i understand keeping our team chemistry heading into next season but that's over paying for a strong defender who hits the occasional three.

between klay, bogut, lee, iggy and steph's impending contract, this team's salary is gonna be incredibly top heavy. if they give dray close to max, pur bench will be full with the likes of mark madsens
I still dont believe the reports that Detroit is willing to drop the max on him.  I think he is worth about 10M, but I would rather overpay him than lose him.  Lee will be off the books soon.  Plus Lacob and Co. have already repeatedly said they would pay the luxury tax to keep our players.

And with how the NBA is setup these days, I am not worried about filling our bench with Mark Madsens.  We are a damn good team, and I can see a ton of veterans near the end of their careers coming to sign with us for vets min.  We wont have a problem with finding quality players to fill out bench.

On the flip side...

Dray's best non monetary interests are to stay with GS. 

Draymond will be a defensive beast on ANY team, but offensively, he is average at best, and he flourishes in GS offensively due to the fact that teams are going to double and triple team Steph and Klay, which equates to open looks for Draymond as the 4rth or 5th offense option. On other teams he isn't going to get those kind of looks offensively. He's not the kind of player that can create his own shot, or run plays around. 

Dray goes to any other team his productivity offensively will go down and his FG% would go down even more. 

Last edited:

I still dont believe the reports that Detroit is willing to drop the max on him.  I think he is worth about 10M, but I would rather overpay him than lose him.  Lee will be off the books soon.  Plus Lacob and Co. have already repeatedly said they would pay the luxury tax to keep our players.

And with how the NBA is setup these days, I am not worried about filling our bench with Mark Madsens.  We are a damn good team, and I can see a ton of veterans near the end of their careers coming to sign with us for vets min.  We wont have a problem with finding quality players to fill out bench.
i don't believe that either. at most DET will force GSW to match. they've got monroe to worry about, are still eating the smith contract, and need to extend drummond (possibly jennings). 

Dray will get paid. Probably overpaid, but that's what is neeed to be done.

Klay made the regional cover of SI
I feel like regional covers make SI covers much less meaningful 

athletes in 5 years won't give a **** about being on SI covers..

in fact i bet you $50 klay doesn't give a **** about being on the cover lol dude just cares about video games lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom