\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Jersey is where you live if you want to actually own a home, if you can afford it.

We have the highest property taxes in the entire Nation. Rent is as expensive, if not more in certain parts of NJ than it is in N.Y.

So yea, you're way misinformed my friend.

We're also the second wealthiest state in the entire Nation. What you do if you have a good job in N.Y., is buy a home in N.J.

Not sure how paying taxes exactly work working out of state. This is why you get a better job in N.J. and simply travel to N.Y. for whatever reason you need to.
what about the crime rate though?? I also heard some parts of Jersey are highly undesirable. Camden is practically a third world country

Jersey is where you live if you want to actually own a home, if you can afford it.

We have the highest property taxes in the entire Nation. Rent is as expensive, if not more in certain parts of NJ than it is in N.Y.
So yea, you're way misinformed my friend.

We're also the second wealthiest state in the entire Nation. What you do if you have a good job in N.Y., is buy a home in N.J.
Not sure how paying taxes exactly work working out of state. This is why you get a better job in N.J. and simply travel to N.Y. for whatever reason you need to.
what about the crime rate though?? I also heard some parts of Jersey are highly undesirable. Camden is practically a third world country

Same could be said about most states tbh

NC
pimp.gif

Where you can have a house for the same price as a bathroom in NY/NJ
laugh.gif

Ny is a big state you can have a house 1 hr north of the city for 1/5th of the price but people want to live in the "greatest city on earth"

Same could be said about most states tbh
This. Plus all states have their very poor areas. Camden is the worst in NJ. There is noting there literally. No retail stores touch it. There are more homes abandoned than owned. Plus 90% of the crime is from ppl who don't even live in Camden or NJ. A lot comes from philly. Camden is small too. So the crime ratios stay high vs a bigger city

The snow sucks though, we only get it like 2-3 times a year and I hate it because no one knows how to act in it
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Also NY, NYC. 2 different animals. Living in NYC is a joke. I know some FDNY, NYPD guys and their salary is in the $80k starting without OT and they are "required" to maintain residency in the 5 boroughs. Yet cost of living forces them to live in a closet in the Bronx or something like that. Or fake an address and live in north jersey

This i cant argue the older i get the less i want to deal with it. More so because its just so inconvenient. lol
For real, any time I miss work is another dollar I miss making. Plus the M aint touchin the road if its covered in snow.

I wanted to drop my top today here in DC but with all this snow backup and water on the roads. Got to keep it up until maybe next week.

Snow, no snow it's all the same to me.

It's an inconvenience when it gets severely accumulated, but I'll hate to have to experience never/rarely seeing it. Nothing beats a white Christmas.

Nothing.

And then the spring/summer comes and you get the best of all worlds.
or you could live in Florida and enjoy this summer year around weather. Like I was so confused when I first came in here and heard you guys talking about winter and summer tire set ups. I didn't even know people did that. snow is for the birds

I despise snow. Matter of fact if I never experienced sub 40 degree weather I'd be just fine.

Summer tires year round>>>>>

Certain parts of NJ are terrible, definitely. I go to NJIT, in the heart of Newark and I'm safe in campus but I'll be damned if I wander outside of it.

Thankfully it's only a small percentage of NJ, not to mention the small size of it. So take Florida's crime rate and its size, for example. Now compare it to NJ's, it really isn't even comparable.

Notice how we're always in the green. Can't say the same for "other" states
nerd.gif

oh no question Florida is violent in certain areas bro. I remember they did a whole season of First 48 just in Jacksonville 
laugh.gif
. But also notice that the most violent states are the ones with the most lax gun laws. Easier to get a firearm = easier to commit crimes with said firearm. It's almost impossible to get a gun in Jerz and NY hence, why the crime rate is much lower than a place like FL where at 16 you can legally own a shotgun. i got my first 12 gauge at 12 years old. I used to walk up and down my street with it, and there were no problems. It's even easier to get a concealed carry permit here. You know who regulates those permits here?? The friggin' Department of Agriculture! And i can tell you personally they don't give a damb who they hand those permits out to. 

Certain parts of NJ are terrible, definitely. I go to NJIT, in the heart of Newark and I'm safe in campus but I'll be damned if I wander outside of it.

Thankfully it's only a small percentage of NJ, not to mention the small size of it. So take Florida's crime rate and its size, for example. Now compare it to NJ's, it really isn't even comparable.

Notice how we're always in the green. Can't say the same for "other" states :nerd:  

I'm surprised how green IL is. :lol: The media makes Chicago sound so much worse than what it really is.

Snow, no snow it's all the same to me.

It's an inconvenience when it gets severely accumulated, but I'll hate to have to experience never/rarely seeing it. Nothing beats a white Christmas.

Nothing.

And then the spring/summer comes and you get the best of all worlds.
or you could live in Florida and enjoy this summer year around weather. Like I was so confused when I first came in here and heard you guys talking about winter and summer tire set ups. I didn't even know people did that. snow is for the birds
Hurricanes is for the birds to...

Notice how Texas is getting lighter red over the years. Not too bad for its size. Few years we might be a green state. Or maybe just white

Mo light red

I wanna live in Cali someday but hell you all can't pack a piece

So I don't know where I'd move

North cal?

Maybe I'll just get a rooftop apartment one day in downtown stl (bout 1/2 grand and they are still spacious) grab a cape and stand on the building corner like batman .......

Hurricanes is for the birds to...
I feel you but that's not a real issue where I'm at. There's only been one to actually hit here since my grandparents generation. Either way. I'd rather have the slim possibility of a hurricane that's probably gonna be a tropical depression by the time it hits me, than a full blizzard every winter that's gonna imprison me inside of my home for weeks. Floods>>>>5 feet of snow any day of the year

Back
Top Bottom