Some pics from NHRA in Sonoma this weekend

14592159818_d7e5a2819d_h.jpg

14776445814_2b89985f45_h.jpg

14755852666_d4f089d561_h.jpg

14592121350_8f7305ca61_h.jpg

14755842436_ba9a2a7135_h.jpg

14592156439_1e26e6cc30_h.jpg

14769179134_35723f27a0_h.jpg

The residents of the United Arab Emirates would disagree.
Plenty of Russian families would disagree.
Plenty of Chinese and Hong Kong families would disagree.

Buffet is one man, a rare man at that. There are thousands upon thousands of wealthy people who are hella flashy with the whips, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just depends on their personal preference.
Yeah I don't know where you are from but it certainly applies in the US of A (for the most part, obviously there are exceptions...)

And I never said anything was wrong with 'flashy' whips. If so that would have made me a hypocrite in a past life...

It's plenty of people with some 0s in the bank that drive normal everyday cars.

And a car that's flashy in one city might not flashy in the next. For example, a Range Rover is a dime a dozen in Houston but you will have people turning their heads at you in one in Portland.

What's your definition of flashy?

The residents of the United Arab Emirates would disagree.
Plenty of Russian families would disagree.
Plenty of Chinese and Hong Kong families would disagree.

Buffet is one man, a rare man at that. There are thousands upon thousands of wealthy people who are hella flashy with the whips, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just depends on their personal preference.
Yeah I don't know where you are from but it certainly applies in the US of A (for the most part, obviously there are exceptions...)

And I never said anything was wrong with 'flashy' whips. If so that would have made me a hypocrite in a past life...

It's plenty of people with some 0s in the bank that drive normal everyday cars.

And a car that's flashy in one city might not flashy in the next. For example, a Range Rover is a dime a dozen in Houston but you will have people turning their heads at you in one in Portland.

What's your definition of flashy?

While I've lived in many places, I'm from Baltimore.

Really the comment was more geared towards people who use that line about the wealthy being discreet, and use one man (Warren Buffet) as an example. When there are plenty of people who I know of who are wealthy in America (LA, ATL, FL and NY) who ride around in Rari's, Lambos, Astons and Bentleys. So I'm simply pointing out that using one man from the US of A, or one neighbourhood in Houston as an example of how the wealthy operate, is a bit of a stretch.

Yes, plenty of wealthy people chose to use normal cars, but plenty of them chose to own exotics and hyper cars. So to make this statement: " Poor is flashy, rich is loud,wealthy is quiet." "Doesn't Warren Buffet drive a old *** Buick? " is simply a bit of a stretch.

That's all I was pointing out.

Back to the regularly scheduled program...

Just so you guys know, it was only a suggestion made by my dad. I plan to buy my first car, whatever it may be, in straight cash.

It's not even that they have a ton of problems, it's that any repairs they need are going to be expensive. Don't buy a used German luxury car unless you're ready to shell out on repairs and maintenance.

One of my friends has a CLK that's literally falling apart, body panels cracking and ****, riding on a donut because they can't afford the maintenance :lol:
My dad's friend is a licensed BMW mechanic so the labor won't be that expensive....I hope :\

Whatever you do do not get an auto e46. The reverse gear has a high rate of failing. E46's can be reliable or they can be a headache. If the car was treated and maintained well and the price is right I say go for it. Before anything join a forum like e46fanatics and research the model
doing my research on the e46fanatics forum as we speak, thanks

Used German luxury is the true definition of badge flossing.
alonzo.gif

but I'm not trying to badge floss. I'm tired of pushing in my mama van, word to K. Dot.

I'm currently driving a 99 Plymouth Voyager, and I'm tired of it.

I need my own car since my brother and mom also use it from time to time and we have to plan accordingly because of our schedules.

Just so you guys know, it was only a suggestion made by my dad. I plan to buy my first car, whatever it may be, in straight cash.
My dad's friend is a licensed BMW mechanic so the labor won't be that expensive....I hope
ohwell.gif

alonzo.gif

but I'm not trying to badge floss. I'm tired of pushing in my mama van, word to K. Dot.

I need my own car since my brother and mom also use it from time to time and we have to plan accordingly because of our schedules.
Dawg your dads friend isnt going to bail you out everytime, you still gonna spend too much maintaining it.

Seems like youre worried about getting from point A to B and having a car period. Why give you something thats gonna be under repairs so much youre gonna end up fighting for the Voyager anyway?

Get a used Accord, beat it to hell and back and when youre stacking, cop a new Bimmer.

My dad's friend is a licensed BMW mechanic so the labor won't be that expensive....I hope :\

alonzo.gif

Dawg your dads friend isnt going to bail you out everytime, you still gonna spend too much maintaining it.

Seems like youre worried about getting from point A to B and having a car period. Why give you something thats gonna be under repairs so much youre gonna end up fighting for the Voyager anyway?

Get a used Accord, beat it to hell and back and when youre stacking, cop a new Bimmer.

Exactly. Be smart with your money.

After driving my 2012 TL I'm a bit disappointed at this particular problem

It's annoying as **** and I by the looks its not just mines.

Last edited:
In it's defence, plenty of car makers are shifting away from the V8, and when I drove the GS350 (they didn't have the F on the floor) it performed pretty well on the road to me, and it didn't feel like a performance car. It's most of a luxury car than anything.

Back
Top Bottom