\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I'd say when negotiating don't mention that you'd pay outright in cash for the car. They make less money as opposed to you financing. Get the details in writing then lastly say you will not be financing or you have your own financing. Also email your local dealers to see what prices they'd give you out the door so you can compare.

Beautiful car.  Absolutely love the styling of the old school Datsun/ Nissan's 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I've had this thought creep into my head that I want to get a E46 M3 as a daily.

I currently drive a 2003 e46 325I with 160k. My family has owned it since it had 25k and my dad and I have done all the maintenance to the car, so I'm confident that it will last a few more years.

I also own an E92 M3 and absolutely love the car and think a E46 M3 would be dope as a daily, but is it worth trading a reliable daily, and throwing down 10-15K cash?

Thoughts?

I've had this thought creep into my head that I want to get a E46 M3 as a daily.

I currently drive a 2003 e46 325I with 160k. My family has owned it since it had 25k and my dad and I have done all the maintenance to the car, so I'm confident that it will last a few more years.

I also own an E92 M3 and absolutely love the car and think a E46 M3 would be dope as a daily, but is it worth trading a reliable daily, and throwing down 10-15K cash?

Thoughts?

pics fam :pimp:

Fair question. Like i said on the last page, one of the reasons i didn't trade is because it seemed overpriced and it's hard to determine the value on such a rare car.  It might be worth 20k but it's only going to be a select market of potential buyers and i wouldn't want to be stuck trying to sell it forever

But basically to answer your question, because a real bluebird is very rare. And that particular one was also in better shape than pretty much any 510 you will find. It was original paint and interior (Besides the recaro drivers seat) and i believe it only had like 50k kilometers (aout 30k miles) on it, which is crazy for a 72
Fair enough. I figured it was a reason like that. You made the right call on passing. Like you said, that's a very niche market car, and only worth 20g's to a collector. If you owned it, you wouldn't be able to drive it regularly and enjoy it, because the whole value of it would be it's low miles, and og paint/interior (although it's been altered already, the suspension, swapping wheels, seats etc. that lowers the value too).

I've always kinda liked the 2 door 510's :smokin

Last edited:

Thoughts?
i wouldn't . I don't see the point to it but that's just md

I'm poor and trying to save for a house so I keep it simple with my 98 gs4....

Still keep up with most modern vehicles on the road. Haul tail when I'm ready

Thoughts?
Any E46 M3 going for $10-15k is going to be a monstrous piece of ****, so no, I wouldn't do it.

Is it even possible to trade in a car with 160k miles? Might have to try and sell it privately.

I was considering doing the same thing and getting an e46 m3 as a DD a little over a year ago. Ended up deciding not to do it since my boy had just gotten one and I wasn't trying to get the same car as him.

Thoughts?

if you really want the e46 m3 then yes.. i love my e46 m3 and it is my daily.. would only get rid of it for a porsche 911.. just look for the right deal and make sure you check the vanos, rear subframe etc... STAY AWAY FROM SMG!!!

Had to wash the engine yday after getting it back from the dealer.

Had a recent overheating issue all of a sudden. So I replaced the tstat and the fan relays and that didnt fix it. So I brought it to my friend at the dealer who is an srt mechanic.

(Dont worry I gave him a new 180 tstat to put in).

Great to have friends at the dealer and have a Chrysler Lifetime Maxcare warranty. :smile:

Had to wash the engine yday after getting it back from the dealer.

Had a recent overheating issue all of a sudden. So I replaced the tstat and the fan relays and that didnt fix it. So I brought it to my friend at the dealer who is an srt mechanic.

(Dont worry I gave him a new 180 tstat to put in).

Great to have friends at the dealer and have a Chrysler Lifetime Maxcare warranty. :smile:
What do you do to wash under the hood?

I just found pics of the real jdm Datsun Bluebird i almost traded my first Evo for. Man that thing was nice. and probably only increasing in value |I

Dang that nissan was the first car I drove...Actually kind of drove haha....My dad usesd to own one during the 90s , 1300 cc changed to 1600 cc though nothing special , but still seeing it brought back memories... :smokin

Last edited:
No private party makes that trade (what's the point?) and a dealer would basically give you zero value for the 325, so...

I guess I worded my original statement incorrectly. Pops offered to give me 5k for the car as a back up to his daily. I would had another 10-15k on top of that and buy something with relatively low miles and in good condition.

Got into a small accident in the Voyager yesterday. Nothing major, just a small dent in the front bumper.

^ buy what you like.

Just know what you're getting into, in terms of maintenance and repairs.
I've been reading that e46 forum, right when I get it I have to put money into fixing/replacing any mechanical issue.

Nt stays worrying about other people's money and how they spend it.
True, but at the same time I wanted solid advice.

Dawg your dads friend isnt going to bail you out everytime, you still gonna spend too much maintaining it.

Seems like youre worried about getting from point A to B and having a car period. Why give you something thats gonna be under repairs so much youre gonna end up fighting for the Voyager anyway?

Get a used Accord, beat it to hell and back and when youre stacking, cop a new Bimmer.

Exactly. Be smart with your money.
True, I also don't mind doing the maintenance myself cause I'm not always going to rely on him.

If you go back to my first posts in this thread, I was looking to get a 7th gen Honda Accord ('03-'07).

Honda and their poop Automatic transmissions :smh:
My 6th gen ****** is :smh:  thing likes to skip gears at times
7th gen>6th gen

has the car gave you any problems? how are the maintenance costs if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited:
Got into a small accident in the Voyager yesterday. Nothing major, just a small dent in the front bumper.
I've been reading that e46 forum, right when I get it I have to put money into fixing/replacing any mechanical issue.
True, but at the same time I wanted solid advice.
True, I also don't mind doing the maintenance myself cause I'm not always going to rely on him.

If you go back to my first posts in this thread, I was looking to get a 7th gen Honda Accord ('03-'07).
7th gen>6th gen
has the car gave you any problems? how are the maintenance costs if you don't mind me asking.

Not many problems at all. I learned how to work on BMW's and have been doing all the maintenance since. The biggest problem I've had was a vacuum leak that was a pain to find. No other engine issues or transmission issues.

this guy got a SL black series? :x

forgot all about that car, when it dropped it was my fav :smh:

Back
Top Bottom