\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Curious question

Say you walk in a dealership just to look at cars they won't let you test drive em would they?

Curious question

Say you walk in a dealership just to look at cars they won't let you test drive em would they?

Pends on the car.

Lower end cars, you can just go and test drive. Higher end, they'll gauge your interest first, and probably try and setup an appointment for you to come back and test drive (after they've gauged that you can afford the car etc)

When I first test drove the GS350, it was on the launch day. The second time, it was cause my bus partner has a Lex, and we were dropping his off for service, they were happy to let us test drive cause they were hoping to sell two cars to us :lol:

the GS F sport is prob one of my fav lexus so clean id take it over a 5 series tbh i hate the front of the 5 looks

Dude I got my whip from called me today like "I can get you in a car 0 down and pay for your first two payment"

:smh: and I bet my car note will be $600 :lol: feel bad for ppl that need a car ASAP because they get sucked into these horrible deals.

Last edited:
" Poor is flashy, rich is loud,wealthy is quiet."

Doesn't Warren Buffet drive a old *** Buick? :lol:

The residents of the United Arab Emirates would disagree.
Plenty of Russian families would disagree.
Plenty of Chinese and Hong Kong families would disagree.

Buffet is one man, a rare man at that. There are thousands upon thousands of wealthy people who are hella flashy with the whips, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just depends on their personal preference.

Word. That statement sounds like something one of these young kids/broke fools on social media would post up once they get their first week's check from Micky D's :lol:

You dad got gotted. $2200 for tires and alignment?? $700 for brakes?? :smh:
He got raped. I own a 97 and did majority of that myself. At less than 1/3 of the cost. The parts on that car are very cheap.

Are there no Indy shops around that area?

Picked this up last week. 2014 Lexus GS350

Hope you got it w/ HUD...:pimp:

Nice pickup on the GS350 :smokin

That is the main car, that had me ready to trade in my Maxima to get one...that or the new Q50

Either the GS350 with the F-Sport package or the Q50S with the 19s and Akebono brakes and more aggressive front are my 2 favorites right now.

Since we just had a kid, we will probably end up getting a new Pathfinder or Grand Cherokee though being more realistic. I just can't bring myself to getting rid of my Maxima and starting my payments over....again....I traded in my last car for this one and it would be paid off already if I had just kept it :smh:

I just put my BC coils on a couple weeks ago, and I am loving the new look :pimp:

Excuse the dirty front end. My friend just had to take a shot before I had a chance to clean it :lol:

Curious question

Sad to say but high end dealerships will judge you based on your appearance. If you look like a young kid with no money at a dealership like lexus or BMW, they won't even give you any attention. Lower end dealerships like Honda, Hyundai or Kia May not be so judgemental.

As long as you show some seriousness towards buying they'll let you test drive. Salesmen work on commission so they don't like wasting their time on people who just want to joyride

Curious question

Sad to say but high end dealerships will judge you based on your appearance. If you look like a young kid with no money at a dealership like lexus or BMW, they won't even give you any attention. Lower end dealerships like Honda, Hyundai or Kia May not be so judgemental.

As long as you show some seriousness towards buying they'll let you test drive. Salesmen work on commission so they don't like wasting their time on people who just want to joyride
I went to Lexus when I was 19 I was their with sweatpants and t shirt and they treated me like everyone else. I ended up buying from this Dealership.

I went to a Benz dealer and the same thing. The dude asked me "Are you serious about buying this?" though. He was cool though. He asked me that after I gave him my info. Didn't end up buying since we didn't agree.

I went to a used car dealer that sold luxury vehicles and they treated me like I wasn't serious. They were horrible ones. I asked to see the GS350 and this dude got up like I wasn't serious. 

I just found pics of the real jdm Datsun Bluebird i almost traded my first Evo for. Man that thing was nice. and probably only increasing in value 
tired.gif

Damn that's nice

Why u no trade?!
laugh.gif
idk a few reasons.

-I'm in Nor Cal and he was in So cal. didn't really wanna make the drive

-i've never been a fan of driving old cars even though i love the way some look. i felt like i would get sick of driving it

-i was worried about what it was really worth since it's hard to find a comparable car to base it off of.

-i found the previous owner on a Datsun forum and found out he only payed like 12k for the car and was trying to sell it for 20k or trade for car of similar value, so that kinda scared me off

Last edited:
I just found pics of the real jdm Datsun Bluebird i almost traded my first Evo for. Man that thing was nice. and probably only increasing in value |I
This might be slanderous to the JDM fanboi's, but..... if you wanted a 510, why not buy a nice 2 door, LHD Datsun 510 for half the price (10 grand)?! I don't get why this one would be worth anywhere close to 20g's?!

Fair question. Like i said on the last page, one of the reasons i didn't trade is because it seemed overpriced and it's hard to determine the value on such a rare car.  It might be worth 20k but it's only going to be a select market of potential buyers and i wouldn't want to be stuck trying to sell it forever

But basically to answer your question, because a real bluebird is very rare. And that particular one was also in better shape than pretty much any 510 you will find. It was original paint and interior (Besides the recaro drivers seat) and i believe it only had like 50k kilometers (aout 30k miles) on it, which is crazy for a 72

Last edited:
When dealing with car salesmen, what's the most y'all have ever negotiated off a car price?

(Name the car also, :lol: )

Nothing was negotiated, and I got almost 4K off MSRP, Prius C.

Costco True car quote took off ~2900, then another 800 off through a college grad rebate.

there's a few other ways than this, (like the guy that got that mustang for 19) but this is the ideal way to buy a new car, however if it's used then it's all haggling, credit score, finance details etc..

Last edited:
Hoping I could get some advice from you guys, I am looking at this used gt-r and want some advice about what to look for so I wont get stuck with a lemon especially transmission issues. Thanks

Random question but did you end up buying it? :nerd: I saw a gun metallic GTR twice with penske audi plates parked over on Las Tunas Dr one or two days ago :lol:

Last edited:
Word. That statement sounds like something one of these young kids/broke fools on social media would post up once they get their first week's check from Micky D's :lol:
:lol: okay homie

I'm not going to sidetrack this thread, just let you keep doing what you doin, and laugh :lol:

man a kid fits in a baby seat in the back of the maxima especially that one . :lol:
:lol:

Yea that was more about if I end up helping wife if she wants to get a truck. If she wants to keep her new Altima and a truck, then I will get it. But if she will trade the Altima in, then she can pay for it, lol

Back
Top Bottom