\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

How many is a few? Like 1,000?
Just found a source that says 591 but honestly that number seems way too high. i think only around 800 slantnose cars were sold total worldwide. and then when you narrow it down to turbo and cabriolet its gotta be a lot less

Edit: Here we go

1989+Slant+Memorandum1230320843.jpg

#1of112

Last edited:
Next up for my Fiesta ST once they arrive

*thats a full circ BOV. None of that gay overboard fake sounding ****

Last edited:
Nah

Who ever gotta an original hemi dart is pres hemi

That thing did 8 seconds straight from the factory

Wedge hemi :pimp:

Tell me more....
Alright here we go

On February 20, 1968 Chrysler Corporation issued a memo informing its dealers that Plymouth Barracudas and Dodge Darts would be made available using the 426 Hemi engine “for use in supervised acceleration trials” - in other words, Super Stock drag racing. For Dodge racers, the new Hemi Dart was the ultimate weapon. For $4,200, body code LO23 came loaded with a 426 CI Race Hemi engine with 12.5:1 compression, a cross-ram intake manifold with dual Holley 4-barrels, a high-flow oil pump, roller timing chain, solid-lifter cam, transistorized dual-point ignition with solid core wires, Hooker headers and a heavy duty cooling system. These purpose-built racers were delivered new in primer with Black-gelcoated Fiberglass front fenders and scooped lift-off hood, lightweight steel doors and bumpers and trunk-mounted battery. Outside mirrors, heaters and sound deadening were deleted, and the cars were fitted with lightweight side glass and lightweight bucket seats. Eighty were built, a full 13 of which were delivered by Grand-Spaulding Dodge in Chicago,

Yeah I thought itshe a good deal too. If I could afford a new or used 2015+ wrx, I may do it but this definitely up my alley. Too bad it's not WRB but it'll do.

Subaru definitely hold their value impressively. One of, if not, thee best AWD system. I was surprised at the price of the 2011 wrx compared to the other ones I've seen around and yeah, I am surprised. Gonna go see them next week or two if it's still there.
That #rumble life has taken my body-readied soul lol

The wide body inherited from previous STI models is what I am attracted to in the 2011+

One of the best shapes along with the 22b inherited Ridgeline.

Funny never knew Aston Martin made the vantage look like the mustang in the 70s

That inspiration :pimp:

Last edited:
Wasn't that Aston made after 1965 though?
Edit: quick google search tells me production started in 1967. If that's true then I don't see how it's the inspiration to my favorite muscle cars. It would be the other way around. Again, assuming Google is correct.

Last edited:
Yep, some people like the slim body some like the 2011+.

I personally like the GR/GV 2011+ body a lot more. Would you consider a GR hatch 2011?
devil.gif

I for one am dying for them to re-release a hatchback. If they make a limited edition one, good lawd. I can't say the temptation will stop me.
Ultimately, I really really want the hatch! I drove my buddie's grey GR hatch when I went down to Georgia this past summer. 

Loved it.  The hatch is my dream, WRB GR HATCH... mmmmmm  
smokin.gif

Lol, I know you love that limited edition Subaru. I do hope they bring out another hatch soon though.

Wasn't that Aston made after 1965 though?
Edit: quick google search tells me production started in 1967. If that's true then I don't see how it's the inspiration to my favorite muscle cars. It would be the other way around. Again, assuming Google is correct.

I think it's just coincidence. That grille shape is classic AM and grille lights were more common on British cars. Other than both being 60s coupes, they don't look the same.

Google is wrong

AM influenced designs all over the world.
BMW is another example.
Actually got that info from the Aston Martin website. All I'm saying is the dbs probably didn't influence American muscle cars like you said
Except maybe the 2015 mustang :lol: a little I guess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom