\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What car are you doing it on?

Watch a youtube video or read a how to on a fourm and im sure you will be fine. Just make sure you have all the right tools before you start.

GTI. Yeah there's a ton of info out there I've been looking at. Just wondering if anybody here had personal experiences with them

Shouldnt be too hard on a GTI

I havent done suspension on a car since my honda a couple years back. It was a pain cause all the bolts were rusted.

After you jack up the car hit the bolts with wd40 and let it sit while you set up.

Not worth paying a shop for it TBH

I havent done suspension on a car since my honda a couple years back. It was a pain cause all the bolts were rusted.

After you jack up the car hit the bolts with wd40 and let it sit while you set up.

Doesn't he have like a 2015 gti or 16? Bolts should be fine

Doesn't he have like a 2015 gti or 16? Bolts should be fine

These north east roads with the salt and snow things rust fast

if people buy cop cars rentals is light....

The abuse and lack of creature comfort features in cop cars are incredible.

The cars are damn near on its last leg if ya ask me.

Rental cars are all good in my book.

Maintained and clean. Just pay someone $100 to detail the inside and don't be blabbing to everyone you got 100K miles on a 2015 and you'll be ok ... [emoji]128514[/emoji]

different between cop cars & rentals though is cop cars are usually reinforced with heavy duty equipment and performance parts.

a rental is usually identical to consumer models.

and contrary to popular belief, sometimes having Spartan features in cop cars are a asset...less thing that can go wrong, and/or break.

been gone a long time

Does anyone here have any experience with LED headlight kits?

Been eyeing a kit from OPT7(only brand i see alot on yt)

other brand I like is VLED but a little too $$$

Copped the nanoskin bout a month ago and finally got to use it thanks to who ever recommended it a long *** time ago :lol:
It's pretty good for what it is tbh I park outside in the driveway and it got off most the stuff that was stuck in my paint

Last edited:
CVPIs are the GOAT beater car. Joints will rust out at 300k+ before they trigger a CEL let alone break down beyond repair.

The 2 best cop cars out there that I've been in contact with are the Crown Vic and Toyota Prius. Easy to maintain, low cost of repairs, and pretty much bullet proof. 

Post those guts!! 32k for some seats wow?!!! Throw up some pics when you get the chance of the inside.

agreed. i love the mp4-12c and i don't even care they came out with like 5 other models after it, I'd love to own one.

Last edited:
The 2 best cop cars out there that I've been in contact with are the Crown Vic and Toyota Prius. Easy to maintain, low cost of repairs, and pretty much bullet proof. 
Yup.

Them chargers though? Lord. So many problems that certain departments around the area let them sit or sold them years ago while they drive whatever SUV that they had just come out of for at the time new chargers.

Last edited:
only police cars id get

Michigan State Trooper Mustang Notchback or the unmarked Magnums they had(things were dark grey dark tints hard af to see at night on I94)

only police i can see out now thatll be worth getting later on are Ford Taurus/Explorers(only for the ecoboost engine)

been gone a long time

Does anyone here have any experience with LED headlight kits?

Been eyeing a kit from OPT7(only brand i see alot on yt)

other brand I like is VLED but a little too $$$

OPT7 IS LEGIT. ONLY BRAND I USE(IF APPLICABLE).
NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES. HAD EM ON MY TAHOE FOR HEADLIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS, MY MOMS HAS EM ON HER CAR NOW AND SHE LOVES THEM. IM CURRENTLY RUNNING OPT7 HID'S ON MY BIKE BECAUSE THE LED'S DIDNT FIT PROPERLY DUE TO MY STOCK HOUSING... BUT LED>>>>>>>>>>HID

only police cars id get

Michigan State Trooper Mustang Notchback or the unmarked Magnums they had(things were dark grey dark tints hard af to see at night on I94)

only police i can see out now thatll be worth getting later on are Ford Taurus/Explorers(only for the ecoboost engine)

Ive never seen anything other then chargers tahoe's and crown vic's going down 94 and I've been doing the stretch from Ann Arbor to Chicago my whole life

good looks bigslim773 bigslim773 will give them a try. not bad pricing for a H13/9008 kit.
Hows the color, im looking at getting a 6000k kit?

brockbo brockbo past AA closer to Romulus near 275, but im old so ive seen lots of police cars. Farmington or Livonia had Camaro RS with the 305 back around early 90s

ninjahood ninjahood Detroit has everything now, still push Crown Vics too, seen the Caprice a few times.
Toledo has the Taurus crazy, its basically a SHO with hd suspension. police are opting for awd now, explains why a lot are going suv route now.

good looks@BigSlim773 will give them a try. not bad pricing for a H13/9008 kit.
Hows the color, im looking at getting a 6000k kit?

@BrockBo past AA closer to Romulus near 275, but im old so ive seen lots of police cars. Farmington or Livonia had Camaro RS with the 305 back around early 90s

@ninjahood Detroit has everything now, still push Crown Vics too, seen the Caprice a few times.
Toledo has the Taurus crazy, its basically a SHO with hd suspension. police are opting for awd now, explains why a lot are going suv route now.
I'm from Romulus. 

Taurus and Explorer are built on the same platform, which is why you see both used a lot as police vehicles. 

I remember the old Mustang LX notchback State Trooper cars you are referring to.  I always wanted one as well 

Most Taurus Cop cars sre non turbo fwds (at least around here). Been considering a Caprice, but Ive spoken with a few officers who drive them and they said they have a ton of issues, hence most departments opting for Tahoes or Explorers.

Back
Top Bottom