Posters 25 and up...Drop some lesson's you've learned about life for the younger NTer's

Alot of knowledge in this thread. Definately taking notes...thanks to all the fam dropping some good advice

Alot of knowledge in this thread. Definately taking notes...thanks to all the fam dropping some good advice

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

From personal experience -

Experience everything that you can.

Don't be closed minded, and don't be afraid, become cultured and take chances. My only regret from college is that I didn't go study abroad (even though I was given the opportunity, I tried to justify my saying no at the time but I should have taken advantage).

DO NOT put sneakers and clothing on your credit card (card as in singular, not plural - you don't need more than 1 CC)....UNLESS it's a good suit that you need for interviewing. Seriously, don't do it. In a few years (hell maybe sooner than that) you'll be telling yourself, Man I was trippin.

Be courteous and treat everyone with respect. Karma is so real.

Network, network, and network some more....and if you're not good at networking google tips on how to network better. I'm serious. I'm a friendly guy but my networking skills are rather subpar so I've had to do research on how to improve in certain areas.

If your heart isn't in something, especially a relationship be honest with yourself and the other person. Sticking around when you've already checked out mentally is a waste time for all concerned parties.

With that being said, nothing good ever comes easy. A lot of the time you have to put in a TON of work before you start to see results but it's usually worth it.

Be happy, be positive, be appreciative, and find a way to enjoy life.

Oh and life is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus on yourself, keep working hard and make your own path.

I had friends growing up that, after high school took very different paths than I did. Made money a lot quicker than me, if you will. I'm tellin you bruh, stay on your grind and do you. It WILL pay off.

And when you're lucky enough to find somebody that you truly love, make sure you compromise.

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

From personal experience -

Experience everything that you can.

Don't be closed minded, and don't be afraid, become cultured and take chances. My only regret from college is that I didn't go study abroad (even though I was given the opportunity, I tried to justify my saying no at the time but I should have taken advantage).

DO NOT put sneakers and clothing on your credit card (card as in singular, not plural - you don't need more than 1 CC)....UNLESS it's a good suit that you need for interviewing. Seriously, don't do it. In a few years (hell maybe sooner than that) you'll be telling yourself, Man I was trippin.

Be courteous and treat everyone with respect. Karma is so real.

Network, network, and network some more....and if you're not good at networking google tips on how to network better. I'm serious. I'm a friendly guy but my networking skills are rather subpar so I've had to do research on how to improve in certain areas.

If your heart isn't in something, especially a relationship be honest with yourself and the other person. Sticking around when you've already checked out mentally is a waste time for all concerned parties.

With that being said, nothing good ever comes easy. A lot of the time you have to put in a TON of work before you start to see results but it's usually worth it.

Be happy, be positive, be appreciative, and find a way to enjoy life.

Oh and life is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus on yourself, keep working hard and make your own path.

I had friends growing up that, after high school took very different paths than I did. Made money a lot quicker than me, if you will. I'm tellin you bruh, stay on your grind and do you. It WILL pay off.

And when you're lucky enough to find somebody that you truly love, make sure you compromise.

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
pimp.gif

Give your love, faith, and trust to God, because man will always let you down.

SAVE MONEY!!!! Money is easy to come by, but hard to hold onto. You don't need to buy everything you want.

Open doors for people, smile, say hello, goodbye, and thank you. These simple gestures can make or break someones day.

Actions that do not help you achieve your goals and dreams simply means you don't believe they are obtainable. Sacrifice a little everyday and you will reach the end result you wanted.

Give your love, faith, and trust to God, because man will always let you down.

SAVE MONEY!!!! Money is easy to come by, but hard to hold onto. You don't need to buy everything you want.

Open doors for people, smile, say hello, goodbye, and thank you. These simple gestures can make or break someones day.

Actions that do not help you achieve your goals and dreams simply means you don't believe they are obtainable. Sacrifice a little everyday and you will reach the end result you wanted.

They say tragedies bring people together, but why should you let it get to that point? Always make time for your friends and family.

They say tragedies bring people together, but why should you let it get to that point? Always make time for your friends and family.

Originally Posted by abernja

this.

always be polite to people, no matter who, what or why.

be respectful and treat and act towards people as if you were in their shoes.

Originally Posted by abernja

this.

always be polite to people, no matter who, what or why.

be respectful and treat and act towards people as if you were in their shoes.

im only 21 but i got a few things...
- Educate yourself on life. read books, news papers, magazines, internet. Its endless useful imformation out here
- control your impulses. mentally, and especially sexually. dont let a feeling overcome you
- save save save. you cant stess this enough.
- always be respectful and well-mannered. you never know who is watching you.

im only 21 but i got a few things...
- Educate yourself on life. read books, news papers, magazines, internet. Its endless useful imformation out here
- control your impulses. mentally, and especially sexually. dont let a feeling overcome you
- save save save. you cant stess this enough.
- always be respectful and well-mannered. you never know who is watching you.

I'm only 22 be 23 next month but I have realized that probably your 3-4 closest friends/associates are a direct reflection of who you are. Surround yourself with ambitious positive people and avoid being a negative person. It is highly contagious and nothing good comes from it.

As far as relationships.... I have been married and divorced. TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THIS. Most women under 25 but older than 21 that dont have a kid are not wifey material. For now at least. The down ones got caught up and the rest are focused on them. Being Mr. Right at this age will get you know where. Mr. Right now is whose winning.

I'm only 22 be 23 next month but I have realized that probably your 3-4 closest friends/associates are a direct reflection of who you are. Surround yourself with ambitious positive people and avoid being a negative person. It is highly contagious and nothing good comes from it.

As far as relationships.... I have been married and divorced. TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THIS. Most women under 25 but older than 21 that dont have a kid are not wifey material. For now at least. The down ones got caught up and the rest are focused on them. Being Mr. Right at this age will get you know where. Mr. Right now is whose winning.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

More often than not, that female friend of your's that's always trying to hook you up with one of her friends or play wingman for you...
...that's the one that likes you more than anyone else.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

More often than not, that female friend of your's that's always trying to hook you up with one of her friends or play wingman for you...
...that's the one that likes you more than anyone else.

Oh yea and as far as marriage you and your spouse understand 2 things and I promise you will be ok:

1 "It's not the love that sustains the promise, it's the promise that sustains the love"

2 "Marriage means until death do you 2 apart. Not until the feelings go away"

Back
Top Bottom