POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

This show has the budget and landscape to be next level but the writing is way too bland & the acting from some characters is WAY off... but that seems to be the Starz way. All in all it's enjoyable but i don't know how much longer it will last, & i Hope 50 is actually involved him playing a gangster/boss role would actually enhance the show.

The show is mildly entertaining and Starz plays reruns all day everyday so its hard to miss. I only watch the show because its a mostly minority cast but they really got step it up in all phases outside of character wardrobes and vehicles. Some of the scenes between ghost and angie & Dwade and lil kim are cringe worthy. Hopefully with more seasons the writers progress and actually develop some non cliche story lines

EDIT..

Is Tommy really that lonely that he will let some random thot steal from his homies wife and basicly enable her then let her guilt trip him into telling his biggest secret all in under a minute? Ghost is basicly groomin this guy to take over the operation but he out here snitchin on himself

Ghost over here kissin side chicks in the mouth ib public while takin em to get icecream like theyre in Jr high. My man is turning his back on EVERYTHING in his life for some chick he cant even keep it 100 with.

If those dudes didnt sell drugs this show could be confused for a Tyler Perry production

I've come to the conclusion that Ghost is the one who set 50 up and removed the tail light.

Remember last episode when Tommy went on one of his "if Kanen were here" rants and Ghost said "if Kanen were here we'd still be on the corner"? Now fast forward to this episode with 50 talking to Sean about "if you only see yourself as a driver that's all you'll ever be" and "it's about where you see yourself and what you could be". Well that's exactly what Ghost did. Ghost seen himself as more than a corner goon and knew that if anything happened to 50 he was next in line so he removed that tail light.

Everything that needs to be said about Tommy and Ghost when it comes to the women has already been said. :lol: :smh:

Tommy was almost right (keyword almost) about Tasha destroying the business once she finds out about Ghost's cheating. The only thing that makes me think she wouldn't do that is the fact that Tasha is a bird and loves her material possessions and lifestyle too much. If Ghost goes down she has nothing.

La La's character is such a bird and a classic ****trider :lol:. You can tell she do all that extra ish just cause of everything Tasha has and fiending to be her friend. She'll probably let Tasha smack her up and be ok with it if it means she gets to stay her friend. :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that Ghost is the one who set 50 up and removed the tail light.

Remember last episode when Tommy went on one of his "if Kanen were here" rants and Ghost said "if Kanen were here we'd still be on the corner"? Now fast forward to this episode with 50 talking to Sean about "if you only see yourself as a driver that's all you'll ever be" and "it's about where you see yourself and what you could be". Well that's exactly what Ghost did. Ghost seen himself as more than a corner goon and knew that if anything happened to 50 he was next in line so he removed that tail light.

Everything that needs to be said about Tommy and Ghost when it comes to the women has already been said.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Tommy was almost right (keyword almost) about Tasha destroying the business once she finds out about Ghost's cheating. The only thing that makes me think she wouldn't do that is the fact that Tasha is a bird and loves her material possessions and lifestyle too much. If Ghost goes down she has nothing.

La La's character is such a bird and a classic ****trider
laugh.gif
. You can tell she do all that extra ish just cause of everything Tasha has and fiending to be her friend. She'll probably let Tasha smack her up and be ok with it if it means she gets to stay her friend.
laugh.gif
If LaLa doesnt do full frontal, there's no point of her being on the show. That "You got served" voice is annoying. 

Everything that needs to be said about Tommy and Ghost when it comes to the women has already been said. :lol: :smh:

La La's character is such a bird and a classic ****trider :lol:. You can tell she do all that extra ish just cause of everything Tasha has and fiending to be her friend. She'll probably let Tasha smack her up and be ok with it if it means she gets to stay her friend. :lol:

2 things on this....

When Tommy wanted to put Sean to work, Ghost slows him down and says something like "how Kanen gonna feel coming home to NO MONEY and no son".

No money? Interesting......

I laughed when LaLa was like, "I need Ciroc, but no coconut cause I'm allergic to nuts".

Not mad at those IMDB pics at all though.

who's the stripper in red who stabbed loubos in the champagne room?

the chick in the pink shoes

I think 50 is the pullin the shots and I agree Gemini Ghost set him up or had something to do with it
Naw real talk
I'm thinkin it was Tasha who set 50 up
Prolly the reason tommy and her are so cool
They both planned it
He also seem eager to be the head dope man
She seems like the type also
Was prolly ****** 50 too
She seems like the type of bird who would do some slimy **** like that

2 things on this....

When Tommy wanted to put Sean to work, Ghost slows him down and says something like "how Kanen gonna feel coming home to NO MONEY and no son".

No money? Interesting......

I laughed when LaLa was like, "I need Ciroc, but no coconut cause I'm allergic to nuts".

Not mad at those IMDB pics at all though.

I knew I wasn't the only one who caught that.

What the hell you mean coming home to no money? That's going to be a problem.

i bet chick in pink shoes is working for 50. homie is trying to knock out the competition so when that appeal/release comes through he can get right back to the top of the food chain with no hesitation.

50 had a cell phone in jail...he is definitely making moves from behind bars. he already has the money, power and influence because the guards didnt bat at an eye when he was holding that shank. What type of man is Ghost to not let him come to no money. Nah...i gotta re-watch to make sure i heard that.

i bet chick in pink shoes is working for 50. homie is trying to knock out the competition so when that appeal/release comes through he can get right back to the top of the food chain with no hesitation.
And remember in the last episode he said to Sean " I heard they're beefin out there"
nerd.gif
I think the one fbi cat is gonna get knocked off like how dexter killed the black cop...my cousin has this theory that Ghost knows Angela works for the FBI and he's keeping her around just in case **** goes sour..she's gonna chose him over her job..It kinda makes sense especially after how  he randomly showed up to her apartment..he might know  more about her than we think

Last edited:
50 had a cell phone in jail...he is definitely making moves from behind bars. he already has the money, power and influence because the guards didnt bat at an eye when he was holding that shank. What type of man is Ghost to not let him come to no money. Nah...i gotta re-watch to make sure i heard that.
Ghost definitely said He's not coming home to any money

And remember in the last episode he said to Sean " I heard there beefin out there" :nerd: I think the one fbi cat is gonna get knocked off like how dexter killed the black cop...my cousin has this theory that Ghost knows Angela works for the FBI and he's keeping her around just in case **** goes sour..she's gonna chose him over her job..It kinda makes sense especially after how  he randomly showed up to her apartment..he might know  more about her than we think

Good point. But i really think that was just a writer's mistake by not givung any insight where she lived prior to him just showing up. All their meetups have been at hotels or public places. then again for tommy to say that Angela has always been trouble might be a clue too that she has always had an interest in working with the FEDS or them knowing she does.

she not going to choose him over her job.

And remember in the last episode he said to Sean " I heard there beefin out there" :nerd: I think the one fbi cat is gonna get knocked off like how dexter killed the black cop...my cousin has this theory that Ghost knows Angela works for the FBI and he's keeping her around just in case **** goes sour..she's gonna chose him over her job..It kinda makes sense especially after how  he randomly showed up to her apartment..he might know  more about her than we think

Good point. But i really think that was just a writer's mistake by not givung any insight where she lived prior to him just showing up. All their meetups have been at hotels or public places. then again for tommy to say that Angela has always been trouble might be a clue too that she has always had an interest in working with the FEDS or them knowing she does.

she not going to choose him over her job.

he's gonna choose her over the coke. he already wants to wash his hands of it. End of the show, tommy, dead, 50, dead, all other street cats dead or in jail, tasha, dead or in jail, LaLa dead, hopefully, ghost free and with angela.

he's gonna choose her over the coke. he already wants to wash his hands of it. End of the show, tommy, dead, 50, dead, all other street cats dead or in jail, tasha, dead or in jail, LaLa dead, hopefully, ghost free and with angela.

lmfao. nah not even that simple. kids complicate things.

lmfao. nah not even that simple. kids complicate things.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Back
Top Bottom