purple colorways

Originally Posted by Juice2352

If executed properly, purple is def a hot color on J's.

Indeed
pimp.gif

Purple is such a fresh color. I love the Aqua 8's and the Grape 5's respectively so I wouldn't mind seeing another well executed Air Jordan modelwith purple accents.

I'd love to see an Air Jordan 16 with purple patent leather toe, or an AJ 11 with purple patent.
pimp.gif

Purple sets it off something proper.
pimp.gif

Anyone care to do a photoshop of an AJ 16 or 11 with purple patent...?
nerd.gif

Show me a gool grey/concord VI or an swap the green for purple on the alititude XIII... those i would cop

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Some shoes are not meant to have any nickname, such as Black/Red VIIs.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

like the shoes came with a tag/note that said "Not Meant for Nicknames"

if u woulda said "..... Air Raids were not meant to be played indoors" you woulda had a better (yet still silly) arguement, cuz it says on the shoe "for outdoor use only" even tho they weren't serious.
r
and as for u sayin that Jordan dont have any affiliation with Toronto Raptors, im sure he'll tell u that Toronto Raptors players probably buy Jordans too
LOL. Your argument is the silly one. I would like to say it's ******ed, but it's kinda harsh.
I'm gonna stick with "silly" then, it wouldn't hurt that much. Seriously, read what you wrote.
It shows your level of intellectual and argument irrelevance.
Owned
laugh.gif

Im with indohan on this one, nicknames for Shoes is OD to me...Bred this and that, Raptor 7s, Bugs Bunny 8s...anything that really has nothing to do with the Color of the Shoe.

Especially the "Raptor" 7s...the Franchise Wasnt even created yet when the shoe was made
indifferent.gif
I think because of the different models and colors signature Jordans should have nicknames. When you say the nickname you instantly know which sneaker someone is referring to. Space Jam XIs, Sacramento Xs, Raptor VIIs, Chicago IIs, Cement IIIs, Laney Vs, Olympic Vis, Last Shot XIVs, so on and so one. When I say those names, not only do you know what model im talking about, but the colorway instantly pops up in your head too. If I wanted to tell someone I got a new pair of black/white XIIs, it would be hard to explain to them which ones I was talking about. To make things easier I could say Playoff XIIs or Taxi XIIs and there would be no explaining needed. Do people get a little out of hand with nicknames? Yes. Do I feel like nicknames for shoes are stupid? No. Its style that makes signature Jordans sell and nicknames are apart of that style.
pimp.gif
Space Jam XIs are fine because shoes were created for the movie.
The rest are crap. It'll take ages to explain why these nicknames are stupid.

Black/White XIIs ALWAYS refers to this shoe:
side12-06.gif

If you want to refer to the other colorway, you should say WHITE/Black.

I think you totally missed the point
tired.gif

How did I miss the point?
Chicago IIs? Almost all Air Jordan shoes that Michael wore was for Chicago Bulls color. In fact, all Original colorway IIs are Chicago's.
Cement IIIs? Black or white?
Laney Vs? Sure.. Mike already signed by Nike when he was in high school.
Olympic VIs? Of course I "remember" Michael in VIIs in 1992 Barcelona Olympic, but VIs? Hmmm... 2000 VIs, alright, how about 2008 VIs with patentleather?
Last shot XIVs? Did Mike wear XIVs in his last Wizard game?

Don't get ijapino started on the nicknames, that's my humble advise.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 23edge

I agree I love purple... and I especially like the purple pigeon SB CW, which is purple/light grey/dark grey
yea those great shoes got those and grapes

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Purple is such a fresh color. I love the Aqua 8's and the Grape 5's respectively so I wouldn't mind seeing another well executed Air Jordan model with purple accents.

I'd love to see an Air Jordan 16 with purple patent leather toe, or an AJ 11 with purple patent.
pimp.gif

Purple sets it off something proper.
pimp.gif

Anyone care to do a photoshop of an AJ 16 or 11 with purple patent...?
nerd.gif
ee416e486d4c9e1baca243fa75c96b8f52215c50.bmp

purple on the patent would be too much, what do you think of these?

Chicago IIs? Almost all Air Jordan shoes that Michael wore was for Chicago Bulls color. In fact, all Original colorway IIs are Chicago's.
Olympic VIs? Of course I "remember" Michael in VIIs in 1992 Barcelona Olympic, but VIs? Hmmm... 2000 VIs, alright, how about 2008 VIs with patent leather?

smile.gif
That furthermore assures me you miss the boat. The nicknames represent the model & cw of the shoe. Some get nicknames because of the color,some because it was relevant to something in MJs career. Some of the examples from above:

Last Shot - No he didnt wear it in his last game with the Wizards BUT he did wear them when he made his LAST SHOT with the Bulls which earned them a title.
Olympic VIs - No he didnt wear them in the 1992 games but Ray Allen (a Team Jordan member) wore them in the 2000 Olympics. The CW released in '08 is theMOST reason to be dubbed an "Olympic" CW is because it was colored based one the colors of the rings on the Olympic flag.
Laney Vs - Come one now Indo, they're the exact same colors as his HS colors. Why wouldnt someone call them Laney Vs. Lebron did the same with his shoesand HS colors.

The point im trying to make is maybe you choose not to aknowledge nicknames but its not like ALL of them make no sense. Granted, there are some stupidnicknames (eg. Bugs Bunny VIIIs when in no way, shape, or form was the character assiciated with the shoe) but there are some that make perfect sense (MarsIVs, the mans face is on the shoe. Motorsport IVs, they were made specifically for is motorsport team). Love them or hate them, with so many CWs of the sameshoes, nicknames are always gonna be associated with signature Jordans.

EDIT: I welcome ijapino into this conversation. I'd like to hear is standpoint.

good call with the purp
but it cant be the main color
if it was all black with purple id consider

im looking for a grey/purple womens 10 pair in sz 11 or 9.5 in mens... i swear those things are always hard to find...

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Olympic VIs? Of course I "remember" Michael in VIIs in 1992 Barcelona Olympic, but VIs? Hmmm... 2000 VIs, alright, how about 2008 VIs with patent leather?

smile.gif
That furthermore assures me you miss the boat. The nicknames represent the model & cw of the shoe. Some get nicknames because of the color, some because it was relevant to something in MJs career. Some of the examples from above:

Last Shot - No he didnt wear it in his last game with the Wizards BUT he did wear them when he made his LAST SHOT with the Bulls which earned them a title.
Olympic VIs - No he didnt wear them in the 1992 games but Ray Allen (a Team Jordan member) wore them in the 2000 Olympics. The CW released in '08 is the MOST reason to be dubbed an "Olympic" CW is because it was colored based one the colors of the rings on the Olympic flag.
Laney Vs - Come one now Indo, they're the exact same colors as his HS colors. Why wouldnt someone call them Laney Vs. Lebron did the same with his shoes and HS colors.

The point im trying to make is maybe you choose not to aknowledge nicknames but its not like ALL of them make no sense. Granted, there are some stupid nicknames (eg. Bugs Bunny VIIIs when in no way, shape, or form was the character assiciated with the shoe) but there are some that make perfect sense (Mars IVs, the mans face is on the shoe. Motorsport IVs, they were made specifically for is motorsport team). Love them or hate them, with so many CWs of the same shoes, nicknames are always gonna be associated with signature Jordans.

EDIT: I welcome ijapino into this conversation. I'd like to hear is standpoint.
I'm gonna make this as simple as I can.
"BLACK/RED" is already a nickname, I don't expect everyone to call every shoes "Black/Varsity-Red".
Sadly, your theory "nicknames could clarify the colorway and model" is killed by your own statement.
Why? When you said "Olympic VIs", people would still question "which Olympic?".
Moreover, the Blue/White VIs is inspired by US flag and US basketball jersey, not the event. It'll make more sense if it's nicknamed as "USVIs".
Laney Vs? It was probably inspired by Mike's high school color. Sir, XIVs was inspired by Ferrari, not the last shot Mike made in the NBA Finals game.
You wanna call shoes by the man's achievements, go for the Defining Moment, or 6Rings.
XIVs were already made way before Mike had his last Chicago Bulls game.

After all this long discussion about what achievements, or events, or high school, it'll make everything much simpler when you just say "Color/Color###".
There wouldn't be any argument on these stupid nicknames if you just call it by the color.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom