Pursuing A MS in Finance Degree vs. MBA Degree

I am a Financial Analyst (intermediate). I finished my undergrad in Business Admin a couple years ago. I only have a year in experience, and do not plan on going for my MBA program until I have 3 legit years so I can (hopefully) get into a top 20 school in the specialization of my choice (Sustainability or Finance will likely be it). bijald0331 gave some great answers in which I learned some stuff, but here is what I can input.

When you hear from a university that even though they need your GMAT score but it is not of great importance…they are lying and giving you a cliché answer. Especially with not so stellar marks in your undergrad you should be pushing for 700+ in your GMAT in order to get into a top 30 MBA school depending on the specialization you want to get into.

And if you don’t get into a top 30 MBA school, there is no point in wasting your tuition and most of all time doing it. There are a lot of MBA programs out there, and a lot of them are sucking people (sheep) in and are hurting them in the long run.

Generally MBA programs help students like you if they don’t realize what sector they want to dive into. Also it helps people network within the companies, firms, or organizations they might want to work for.

A CFA or CA desigination is a huge asset in a CFO and financial analysis position. For Corporate Finance a CA or CFA is a great thing to have on the resume, because if you have that designation… you know your !#%#.

I am a Financial Analyst (intermediate). I finished my undergrad in Business Admin a couple years ago. I only have a year in experience, and do not plan on going for my MBA program until I have 3 legit years so I can (hopefully) get into a top 20 school in the specialization of my choice (Sustainability or Finance will likely be it). bijald0331 gave some great answers in which I learned some stuff, but here is what I can input.

When you hear from a university that even though they need your GMAT score but it is not of great importance…they are lying and giving you a cliché answer. Especially with not so stellar marks in your undergrad you should be pushing for 700+ in your GMAT in order to get into a top 30 MBA school depending on the specialization you want to get into.

And if you don’t get into a top 30 MBA school, there is no point in wasting your tuition and most of all time doing it. There are a lot of MBA programs out there, and a lot of them are sucking people (sheep) in and are hurting them in the long run.

Generally MBA programs help students like you if they don’t realize what sector they want to dive into. Also it helps people network within the companies, firms, or organizations they might want to work for.

A CFA or CA desigination is a huge asset in a CFO and financial analysis position. For Corporate Finance a CA or CFA is a great thing to have on the resume, because if you have that designation… you know your !#%#.

Back
Top Bottom