PYP: Post your pets!!

4 year old
lab-shih tzu mix
Excuse the instagram pic.

I had to put my little man down last month a few days after my birthday and a week before his.

RIP G-Thang

10.9 years of Rollin!

Last edited:
Can we turn this into a questions about pets thread too? :lol:

I really want to adopt a dog but i have a couple of questions.

1) How do you guys deal with the death of your pets, I know that has to be hard and that's what i keep thinking about.
2) Is it possible to provide a dog with a great loving atmosphere if you work a lot. I mean I work 40 hours a week, thats not a lot. I don't know if the dog will feel neglected or something though, like how often should I interact.

my roomate's boxer. he's cool as hell. i slept on boxers, he's a nice dog. he lives in my guest house but i let him in the main crib to kick it with us. kinda want a boxer now.

Kima...Olde English Bulldogge

beautiful OEB you got there. Got that black left eye patch thing goin just like my girl.

Can we turn this into a questions about pets thread too? :lol:

I really want to adopt a dog but i have a couple of questions.

1) How do you guys deal with the death of your pets, I know that has to be hard and that's what i keep thinking about.
2) Is it possible to provide a dog with a great loving atmosphere if you work a lot. I mean I work 40 hours a week, thats not a lot. I don't know if the dog will feel neglected or something though, like how often should I interact.

#2 - yes, under certain circumstances. it will be VERY difficult though.

if you have a dog friendly office/work environment you should be good to go once the dog has all its shots. chances are, you dont.

if you are looking at getting a young pup (8-12 weeks) you better live damn close to work because youre gonna have to be running home multiple times a day. you may even need to hire a dog sitter/walker if you cant make it all the time, just so someone can come and take your pup out to go potty and also to play with the dog for a little bit throughout the day. When I first got my pup, either my wife or I would have to go home every 3 hrs or so to let her out of her crate, go bathroom, feed her, play with her for a bit, then jam back to work. It helped that there was 2 of us. If I had to do it solo, it would have been damn near impossible.

Once the dog gets older, its still tough. At the very least, youre going to have to go home at lunch everyday to let the dog out to go bathroom and maybe a quick walk and some play time. Personally, I think thats not right to leave your dog alone for 4-8 hrs a day, every day, but to each their own. Thankfully, I am lucky that my wife has a dog friendly office so my little girl goes to work everyday and gets to be around people all the time. If you do not have the luxury of bringing your dog with you OR going home everyday you will probably need to put your dog in daycare. It can get expensive. The wife has been in NY for business a lot this past month, and since its hard for me to get home all the time (20 min drive 1 way from the office) I've been dropping my dog off at daycare. Prices vary. I pay $30/day at the place I go. My dog loves it because she gets to play with other dogs all day long, which is much better than just sleeping on the couch by herself for 8 hrs a day. But you can do the math. I've already spent $120 on daycare this week. If you have to put your dog in daycare everyday, youre lookin at upwards of $500+/mo easy.

Back
Top Bottom