PYP: Post your pets!!

Here is our Yorkie and his name is Semaj

we have a lov/hate relationship :smh: :lol: But thas' my BOO right there!!

blue nose brindle, he's 2. Papers on him and everything, had him since he was like 4-6 weeks. I'm talking baby, BABY. It was between him and his fawn sister but I heard boys were easier to deal with so I stuck with him. Sending his bad *** to doggie boot camp tho in a few weeks; he is entirely too hyper when I have people over etc. He's really good around kids tho, doesn't try to bite, isn't overly aggressive.

Pit Bulls are awesome, it's a shame they get such a bad wrap.

Last edited:
^ Why did you get the dog so early?

Impatient mostly--- but I wanted him to be around me as soon as possible. Soon as they took him for his first couple of shots and he was off his mom's teet I got him.

Looking back I took him too early. When and if I get another dog I'll wait longer.

^ Why did you get the dog so early?
Impatient mostly--- but I wanted him to be around me as soon as possible. Soon as they took him for his first couple of shots and he was off his mom's teet I got him.

Looking back I took him too early. When and if I get another dog I'll wait longer.
Yea its tough waiting but from just about everything I've read its better to wait and let it be with its litter and mom longer...

We could have picked up my guy this weekend (above on this page) but we're waiting til next weekend instead to give him another week.

My 4 Nyear old boy. Had him since he was 6 weeks old.

How is his temperament with other dogs and people being taken from his litter and mom that early?

He was timid until he was about 1.5-2 years old. Now he is a beast. He is cautious but never attacked another dog, but he attached to me and my family quickly. I dont let strangers near him because Im afraid he will attack. I wish that I had socialized him more tho. Still working on it.:frown:
He is loyal and I feel very safe with him.

beautiful OEB you got there. Got that black left eye patch thing goin just like my girl.
#2 - yes, under certain circumstances. it will be VERY difficult though.
if you have a dog friendly office/work environment you should be good to go once the dog has all its shots. chances are, you dont.
if you are looking at getting a young pup (8-12 weeks) you better live damn close to work because youre gonna have to be running home multiple times a day. you may even need to hire a dog sitter/walker if you cant make it all the time, just so someone can come and take your pup out to go potty and also to play with the dog for a little bit throughout the day. When I first got my pup, either my wife or I would have to go home every 3 hrs or so to let her out of her crate, go bathroom, feed her, play with her for a bit, then jam back to work. It helped that there was 2 of us. If I had to do it solo, it would have been damn near impossible.
Once the dog gets older, its still tough. At the very least, youre going to have to go home at lunch everyday to let the dog out to go bathroom and maybe a quick walk and some play time. Personally, I think thats not right to leave your dog alone for 4-8 hrs a day, every day, but to each their own. Thankfully, I am lucky that my wife has a dog friendly office so my little girl goes to work everyday and gets to be around people all the time. If you do not have the luxury of bringing your dog with you OR going home everyday you will probably need to put your dog in daycare. It can get expensive. The wife has been in NY for business a lot this past month, and since its hard for me to get home all the time (20 min drive 1 way from the office) I've been dropping my dog off at daycare. Prices vary. I pay $30/day at the place I go. My dog loves it because she gets to play with other dogs all day long, which is much better than just sleeping on the couch by herself for 8 hrs a day. But you can do the math. I've already spent $120 on daycare this week. If you have to put your dog in daycare everyday, youre lookin at upwards of $500+/mo easy.
roll.gif

its a dog, not an infant my dude. 
mean.gif

This is our rescue Pandora (Pandy). She's a Chow-Sheppard mix & a little over a year old. Super sweet dog, just really loveable. We've had her since late March & have been really lucky. The whole family adores her...

My 4 Nyear old boy. Had him since he was 6 weeks old.
How is his temperament with other dogs and people being taken from his litter and mom that early?
He was timid until he was about 1.5-2 years old. Now he is a beast. He is cautious but never attacked another dog, but he attached to me and my family quickly. I dont let strangers near him because Im afraid he will attack. I wish that I had socialized him more tho. Still working on it.
frown.gif

He is loyal and I feel very safe with him.
Yea I'm sure hes extremely loyal to you guys.

My cousin has a big GS that used to bark like a mother at me every time I was over there... He never was threatening but he would definitely get loud when new people came over.

Hes getting old tho and has really mellowed. Last time I went over he didn't hardly make any noise and was looking for them scratches from me.

this is my buddy gatzby we adopted him after we got the run around from this place and they gave us wrong info and they ended up giving away the dog we wanted...we did everything we were supposed to but the volunteer gave us wrong info..anywho this guy is maybe 10 months old we were told he was a stray,we found him at this adoption event they were having at the mall of all places..we were going to give up on trying to get a dog cuz it was so damn frustrating, but we went up to where they had them and he was being picked on really bad by some other whippit looking type dog, and i told my girl lets get that one,and i meant the one picking on him, then when my girl called the volunteer over she was picking this little guy up and i whispered to my girl that i dont want this guy hes a punk, but then we sat down with him and he was just so relaxed,this was 2 months ago and he is such a great dog, and this is something that still baffles me, it turns out the shelter wrote his birthday 12-14 which is the same as mine...i didnt fill out any paper work my girl did all that there was no way they wouldve known that, i found this out when we took him to get his nails cut at petsmart and we looked at his paperwork which just adds to his specialness, ive never trained dogs but ive taught him to sit stay shake dance and he also goes to the door when he has to go potty..i think he may have been abused because he is very shy with strangers and is scared of alot of things, we named him after my girls favorite book and my screename is a tribute to him and the last name is my girls last name, i also have no clue what breed he is but i guess some sort of terrier 
laugh.gif

our little family feels complete now, thanks to him, he is our adopted son, my girl says he has little boy eyes and she thinks he's from another planet and that when the world ends he's going to take us on ship and save us..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

beautiful OEB you got there. Got that black left eye patch thing goin just like my girl.

if you have a dog friendly office/work environment you should be good to go once the dog has all its shots. chances are, you dont.

if you are looking at getting a young pup (8-12 weeks) you better live damn close to work because youre gonna have to be running home multiple times a day. you may even need to hire a dog sitter/walker if you cant make it all the time, just so someone can come and take your pup out to go potty and also to play with the dog for a little bit throughout the day. When I first got my pup, either my wife or I would have to go home every 3 hrs or so to let her out of her crate, go bathroom, feed her, play with her for a bit, then jam back to work. It helped that there was 2 of us. If I had to do it solo, it would have been damn near impossible.

Once the dog gets older, its still tough. At the very least, youre going to have to go home at lunch everyday to let the dog out to go bathroom and maybe a quick walk and some play time. Personally, I think thats not right to leave your dog alone for 4-8 hrs a day, every day, but to each their own. Thankfully, I am lucky that my wife has a dog friendly office so my little girl goes to work everyday and gets to be around people all the time. If you do not have the luxury of bringing your dog with you OR going home everyday you will probably need to put your dog in daycare. It can get expensive. The wife has been in NY for business a lot this past month, and since its hard for me to get home all the time (20 min drive 1 way from the office) I've been dropping my dog off at daycare. Prices vary. I pay $30/day at the place I go. My dog loves it because she gets to play with other dogs all day long, which is much better than just sleeping on the couch by herself for 8 hrs a day. But you can do the math. I've already spent $120 on daycare this week. If you have to put your dog in daycare everyday, youre lookin at upwards of $500+/mo easy.
:rofl:
its a dog, not an infant my dude. :smh:

no my dude, it is that serious. people who don't take these measures are the ones who end up with dogs that are a pain in the ***. wanna know why some dogs just squat down in living rooms and eliminate right there? because these measures weren't taken when they were puppies. why do dogs get aggressive and sometimes bite people? because they weren't properly socialized.

puppies are infants.

no my dude, it is that serious. people who don't take these measures are the ones who end up with dogs that are a pain in the ***. wanna know why some dogs just squat down in living rooms and eliminate right there? because these measures weren't taken when they were puppies. why do dogs get aggressive and sometimes bite people? because they weren't properly socialized.

puppies are infants.

maybe dude never had a dog. not his fault. to be honest, i was kinda clueless before I got my dog. im not ashamed to admit that i do treat my dog like she was a little baby. while my dog can get excited around people, for the most part she is well socialized and behaved and doesnt drop dook in the house or anything like that. id like to believe that shes the way she is because of all the time and effort that me and my wife put into raising her. if youre gonna be a lazy dog owner, dont get a dog. seriously. its not fair to the dog and its not fair to yourself.

puppies are infants.

maybe dude never had a dog. not his fault. to be honest, i was kinda clueless before I got my dog. im not ashamed to admit that i do treat my dog like she was a little baby. while my dog can get excited around people, for the most part she is well socialized and behaved and doesnt drop dook in the house or anything like that. id like to believe that shes the way she is because of all the time and effort that me and my wife put into raising her. if youre gonna be a lazy dog owner, dont get a dog. seriously. its not fair to the dog and its not fair to yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, you have the right mind-frame when it comes to owning a dog. Kudos to you.

Back
Top Bottom