Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
You folks raped and pillaged my "How to get to Heaven" thread and I felt it was a cry for help/attention.

But seriously tho, I was an Atheist as a teen solely because I rejected the "wild" stories depicted in the Bible. Didnt see how reincarnation made sense with a growing populations and every belief system I researched, I couldnt accept fully or sounded like b.s. I loved science from an early age and I stayed in that realm of reality, tangeability, and explaination. Ive been a Christian for 6yrs, now but I wanted to know a couple things:

How did you end up atheist?
Will pass along this belief to your kids?
Do you have an authority?
Do you fear death? What are your fears?
What do you believe happens after you die?
Do believe in life beyond earth?
Do you believe in any forces in action beyond human control?

Im not gonna discuss my beliefs, Im not trying to convert nobody (doors always open tho), nor am I looking to be converted. I know atheists believe in different things, I just wanted to hear concepts, ideas, or just gain some insight on how you see the world/life/existance.

Because of all the ridiculousness in the bible. My favorite being that an all knowing god LET adam and eve in a garden and told them not to eat a particular fruit knowing full well they would, and then punishing all of humanity for it. Also the hypocrisy of Christianity. Anything good that happens is the work of God. Anything bad that happens.... well.... "You got yourself in this mess". Okay so when I get myself out dont come to me with that "It's the work of God" ********.

Yes. I will not tell my kids that there is a magical sky god who you must let into your life so he doesnt punish you for not letting him into your life. Teach your kids right from wrong and you wont have to scare them into being good people.

I do what is best for me. At the end I am all I have. But if you meant is there some moral code I live by it's what you would call common sense. I dont need the promise of an afterlife to do what I feel is right.

I do not fear death. I dont have some sort of amazing life to cause me to fear death. If I die I wont miss out on being a billionaire with a harem of international women. I'll continue with a pretty ****** life. I have no reason to fight death
I fear public speaking and horses.

You rot in the ground

Afterlife? No. Extraterrestrials? Yes

The human ear can only pick up sounds in between certain frequencies. Even our eyes have colors that we can't see. There are great forces in nature that I will never understand and I hold those things in high regard.

Last edited:
You folks raped and pillaged my "How to get to Heaven" thread and I felt it was a cry for help/attention.

But seriously tho, I was an Atheist as a teen solely because I rejected the "wild" stories depicted in the Bible. Didnt see how reincarnation made sense with a growing populations and every belief system I researched, I couldnt accept fully or sounded like b.s. I loved science from an early age and I stayed in that realm of reality, tangeability, and explaination. Ive been a Christian for 6yrs, now but I wanted to know a couple things:

Im not gonna discuss my beliefs, Im not trying to convert nobody (doors always open tho), nor am I looking to be converted. I know atheists believe in different things, I just wanted to hear concepts, ideas, or just gain some insight on how you see the world/life/existance.

Because of all the ridiculousness in the bible. My favorite being that an all knowing god LET adam and eve in a garden and told them not to eat a particular fruit knowing full well they would, and then punishing all of humanity for it. Also the hypocrisy of Christianity. Anything good that happens is the work of God. Anything bad that happens.... well.... "You got yourself in this mess". Okay so when I get myself out dont come to me with that "It's the work of God" ********.

Yes. I will not tell my kids that there is a magical sky god who you must let into your life so he doesnt punish you for not letting him into your life. Teach your kids right from wrong and you wont have to scare them into being good people.

I do what is best for me. At the end I am all I have. But if you meant is there some moral code I live by it's what you would call common sense. I dont need the promise of an afterlife to do what I feel is right.

I do not fear death. I dont have some sort of amazing life to cause me to fear death. If I die I wont miss out on being a billionaire with a harem of international women. I'll continue with a pretty ****** life. I have no reason to fight death
I fear public speaking and horses.

You rot in the ground

Afterlife? No. Extraterrestrials? Yes

The human ear can only pick up sounds in between certain frequencies. Even our eyes have colors that we can't see. There are great forces in nature that I will never understand and I hold those things in high regard.
do you believe your life serves a purpose?

its on the individual to find a worthy purpose in life. sadly most people never come across one 

Funny prayer request on FB. Someone is having a cookout and they asked people to pray that God doesn't let their cookout get rained on. So you want people to pray that God doesn't let his planet get nourishment for the sake of your little cookout? People are funny

Science says the universe began (expansion point). Do you think it has an end?

Do you believe in energy transferance?
If so, to what extent?

What do you think about the law of attractions? Is their power in speech (beyond just being audible)?

What are your thoughts on dark matter and dark energy?

I'll post a video of how I believe it will end when I get off work.

Idk how anyone can have an opinion on dark matter, even scientist don't know if it's a load of bull :lol:

Science says the universe began (expansion point). Do you think it has an end?

Do you believe in energy transferance?
If so, to what extent?

What do you think about the law of attractions? Is their power in speech (beyond just being audible)?

What are your thoughts on dark matter and dark energy?
depends on what you define as an end

i know that someday our earth will "end" but we dont have enough information yet on if the universe will ever end. although there are a few theories out there, i choose not to worry about things that I will never get an answer to. speculating towards things I will never know leads to making up my own false beliefs (how religion works) that have no effect on the actual truth

energy can never be destroyed, when it leaves something it moves on to something else

attraction is a natural instinct developed to help us survive

i do not know enough about dark matter to give you a opinion

Too many coincidences within the universe for there not to be a higher power. The probability of life spontaneously in this solar system or any without any type of galactal intervention is so large that numbers cannot compute. I dont believe in religion but i believe in spirtuality which is a proven science.

GOD IS THE GREATEST SCIENTIST OF ALL TIME

Too many coincidences within the universe for there not to be a higher power. The probability of life spontaneously in this solar system or any without any type of galactal intervention is so large that numbers cannot compute. I dont believe in religion but i believe in spirtuality which is a proven science.

Based on what? Why do we resort to the cop out of a higher power when it's something we can't explain? Why can't it be that coincidences are just that...coincidences?

Based on what? Why do we resort to the cop out of a higher power when it's something we can't explain? Why can't it be that coincidences are just that...coincidences?
Exactly.. God of the Gaps.

We don't understand it, therefore, God.

Nah, b. It's not 300 BC anymore.

We don't have an answer yet, and that is perfectly okay. No need to jump to conclusions unproven.

Admitting we don't know is as comfortable an answer as it gets.

Last edited:
The probability of life spontaneously in this solar system or any without any type of galactal intervention is so large that numbers cannot compute. 
this is true

this is also why there are trillions of planets out there without life

this is the reason we have yet to find other live outside of our world

there are more planets out in the universe than numbers can compute, as seemingly impossible as it is for all the conditions for life to occur on the same planet it is bound to happen when you have so many planets.

we just happen to be on one of the planets with ideal conditions 

isnt god a spirit and isnt spirit(inner feeling) our conscience?

so doesnt that mean

god = good conscience

devil = evil conscience

we all have a "god" and "devil" within us, its easily shown through a persons everyday actions

religion is just mind control using a theorized testimony called the bible

isnt god a spirit and isnt spirit(inner feeling) our conscience?
so doesnt that mean
god = good conscience
devil = evil conscience

we all have a "god" and "devil" within us, its easily shown through a persons everyday actions
religion is just mind control using a theorized testimony called the bible
Nah.

By most of these ppl's definitions and descriptions GOD is an alien.

Nah.

By most of these ppl's definitions and descriptions GOD is an alien.
roll.gif

I've had enough of this back and forth for now. I think the main problem is that believers aren't really "believers" at all. They preach this and that, believe this and that, but have never read the bible, never actually lived by the rules and laws of the bible, and don't know the history behind its conception, it's relation to other religions, it's relation to previous religious and non religious texts and its methods of "spreading" as a common belief.

I've had enough of this back and forth for now. I think the main problem is that believers aren't really "believers" at all. They preach this and that, believe this and that, but have never read the bible, never actually lived by the rules and laws of the bible, and don't know the history behind its conception, it's relation to other religions, it's relation to previous religious and non religious texts and its methods of "spreading" as a common belief.

Bruh, you might have the wrong thread. This is atheist posting info and answering my questions ( just so I can see what kind ideas they have and what they wonder about if any). There hasn't been any serious back and forth, unless Im missing something...

I do agree that the larger part of believers (82%- guesstimation based off of my imagination) do present the traits you just outlined. So its hard to take the entire group seriously.

Last edited:
Prosperity preaching.
Give me money and God will give you money/happiness.
Dude is doing this for attention to expand his presence. Not Gods.
Just exploiting tax exempt status and people looking for hope from the woes of life.

People who believe this clearly don't know their Bible.
People who preach this clearly don't really know,care, or believe the Bible.

Last edited:
From FB
 Question...why when ppl need god n prayers to be answered they always resort to facebook...when i need em...I PRAY to GOD n have Faith in him to answer...not askin yall to bother him on my behalf cuz he already heard me...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom