Questions for the Atheists *Keep it Mature Please*

The newest Fad on NT is posting rolling smileys at anyone who believes in God.

How Often I see you blame religion, and western societies view of God for our problems, War's, corruption, deception ect.....

I also see you guys bash everyones reasons as to why they are religious. Substituting such characters as the easter bunny and Santa Clause For shock value.

An atheist in the broadest sense is as follows :
the absence of belief in the existence of deities.
Quite frankly meaning that you do not believe in a higher power, but how is this different from any other religion? Sure you don't pray, butyou are really telling me your none belief doesn't affect your life as much, or perhaps more than ones religion does?
THE ISSUE IS HUMANS, NOT RELIGION.
Another issue I have is when I encounter Atheists in real life they always are only aware of Christianity and that is me being generous, as most of themdon't know anything about christianity, anyway rarely are they aware of Islam, and never are they aware of any Oriental religion or practice.

How can one abstain from something he doesn't understand the basic concepts of?

Any time someone says they are an Athiest I always think of this stand up by Kevin Hart FF to 1:10 if you are interested.

If you are on your death bed, I doubt any of you are atheists, better yet, find me an Athiest in Fallujah.

In short why do you seem so fit to poke fun at others, and so quick to bash those with beliefs, when your exact beliefs rely on Faith as well? The irony iskilling me.

NT is really not the place for this. You're arguing about religion with a bunch of high schoolers. What mature, informed, educated responses do you thinkyou're going to receive?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

If you are on your death bed, I doubt any of you are atheists, better yet, find me an Athiest in Fallujah.
Only if you're afraid of death.

This is why I'm agnostic, because there's no proof either way of an existence. No one can know for sure.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

NT is really not the place for this. You're arguing about religion with a bunch of high schoolers. What mature, informed, educated responses do you think you're going to receive?

Honestly I already received 1 more than I expected
laugh.gif

I don't try arguing with religious people about their belief in religion because it's their decision, but using religion in reasoning and trying tojustify ignorance with religion goes too far and I will try to argue then. But I really have nothing to say in this thread. I don't just post rollingsmilies at any religious post and I almost never post in them actually

This is why I call myself "spiritual" I know its only human to want to believe there is something greater to help us when we're in need.

An atheist in the broadest since is as follows :
the absence of belief in the existence of deities.
Quite frankly meaning that you do not believe in a higher power, but how is this different from any other religion? Sure you don't pray, but you are really telling me your none belief doesn't affect your life as much, or perhaps more than ones religion does?
THE ISSUE IS HUMANS, NOT RELIGION.

Atheist do not follow a doctrine, that is why it is not a religion.
How can one abstain from something he doesn't understand the basic concepts of?

And you believe every Christian who is a Christian understands all the religions? Come up with a better argument than that.

Something you must understand is, every Atheist is different. Unlike other religions, Atheist do not divide into denominations.

find me an Athiest in Fallujah.
Funny how religion is geographically challenged. Think about that.

The irony is killing me.
Indeed.

By the way, if you really want to be challenged in a mentally stimulating and professional conversation about religion, please head to http://www.freeratio.org/ (Probably best atheist discussion board, but there are plenty of religious apologist posters)

You serious?
laugh.gif
there are plenty of factions of Atheism I can name 5 types off top.
There are plenty of religions with no doctrine, FAIL.
My Fallujah argument was not in support of religion it was bashing Atheism. Atheism is as conditional as religion is.

Funny how you once again mentioned christianity.

Please 1 athiest answer me this? What is the difference between you claiming to know there is no God, and someone claiming to know there is?

You serious?
laugh.gif
My Fallujah argument was not in support of religion it was bashing Atheism. Atheism is as conditional as religion is.

It's funny that you say you don't understand atheists bashing religion when they don't understand it and then you just said you werebashing it yourself, but you don't understand atheism.

And please, tell me these 5 types of Atheists
nerd.gif

By the way, if you really want to be challenged in a mentally stimulating and professional conversation about religion, please head to http://www.freeratio.org/ (Probably best atheist discussion board, but there are plenty of religious apologist posters)

That forum is as open minded as a Texas Sheriff. Again, all I see is Christianity, and western Culture, which quite frankly fall in line with ZERO of mybeliefs.

You serious?
laugh.gif
Give me some examples so I may read.

Hold on. Your Fallujah statement is not clear to me. Are you implying that the soldiers are not atheist because of war or are you implying thatthe Iraqs are not atheist because of Islam?

Because you brought it up. I don't understand your point.

Please 1 athiest answer me this? What is the difference between you claiming to know there is no God, and someone claiming to know there is?
an atheist sounds like a scientist
a religious person sounds like a liar bred from a crusade that murdered indigenous peoples in order to branch their nontaxable empire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by masterhammy

You serious?
laugh.gif

It's funny that you say you don't understand atheists bashing religion when they don't understand it and then you just said you were bashing it yourself, but you don't understand atheism.

And please, tell me these 5 types of Atheists
nerd.gif

I was an Athiest.

Weak Atheism
Strong Atheism
Theoretical Atheism
Metaphysical Atheism
Constructive Atheism

There are more..... And Funny enough seems I know more than you about Atheism.

That forum is as open minded as a Texas Sheriff. Again, all I see is Christianity, and western Culture, which quite frankly fall in line with ZERO of my beliefs.
Christianity is brought up constantly because it is the most popular. Would you like people to discuss the integrity and history Wicca?

Originally Posted by bangtcg

I was an Athiest.

Weak Atheism
Strong Atheism
Theoretical Atheism
Metaphysical Atheism
Constructive Atheism

These are not denominations like religious denominations.

laugh.gif
of course not, they feel the need to separate them because they are exactly the same.

I was an Athiest.

Weak Atheism
Strong Atheism
Theoretical Atheism
Metaphysical Atheism
Constructive Atheism

These are not denominations like religious denominations.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

That forum is as open minded as a Texas Sheriff. Again, all I see is Christianity, and western Culture, which quite frankly fall in line with ZERO of my beliefs.
Christianity is brought up constantly because it is the most popular. Would you like people to discuss the integrity and history Wicca?

laugh.gif
I had to edit my new post, because I was actually going to respond to your previous questions. Wicca are you serious?
laugh.gif

You trollin bro.

Islam is the biggest religion in the world.

Back
Top Bottom