Racist Fraternity at the University of Oklahoma caught on tape.

Wow. 2015 people...TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN. We Have to do better than this. The greatest country in the world is also the worst country in the world at the same time when crap like this goes on. Serious up. Being a brown guy who was born and raised in the south, now at the age of 34...I've never experienced any sort of racism...ever. Even going to grade schools K-12 in rural NC with pretty much a 75%White, 20%Black, 5%Other demographics layout. This **** Has to stop. It does nothing but set this country back...

Not doubting you, but that's legit amazing if you've never experienced racism growing up in the south. I lived in a extremely liberal college town in Michigan and then Northern VA and I've experienced more than enough racism to last me a lifetime.

Black guy who calls himself "suburban guy" ...should tell you all you need to know

I grew up in a NC suburb and faced racism starting at a young age. NC cool but there's plenty of racist here

Last edited:
lets not forget about Justin Beibers racist chants and song that was swept under the rug and forgotten about :smh:

Last edited:
lets not forget about Justin Beibers racist chants and song that was swept under the rug and forgotten about
mean.gif
wasn't forgotten about. bieber was trying to fit in with his current circle of friends. obviously racist jokes (and probably beliefs) were acceptable for them. he leaves that group, then becomes your typical rap ****. rides that wave for a while being as stereotypical as he can. now he's done with that life, ditched his black troublemaker persona and is back to being a good boy.

this is the life of a poser. i dont think bieber is racist at all. just a lame.

Last edited:
Racist chants predate rap music too

Tired of these stupid *** WS

It's crazy. They're really tryna blame rap music for this on some news channel. White folks were hanging black people from tree's over 100 year's ago. Long before any rap song was made. They will say anything to take the focus off of the real issue.

It's crazy. They're really tryna blame rap music for this on some news channel. White folks were hanging black people from tree's over 100 year's ago. Long before any rap song was made. They will say anything to take the focus off of the real issue.

Not to mention, these guys weren't even repeating rap lyrics. Just more deflection. Same with this Ferguson issue, somehow it's Obama and Holder's fault that racial tension is so high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention, these guys weren't even repeating rap lyrics. Just more deflection. Same with this Ferguson issue, somehow it's Obama and Holder's fault that racial tension is so high.

Because it's always the black man's fault. Hell, they'll even try to convince you Africans had a huge hand in providing slaves to the Europeans. So apparently even slavery is our fault. :lol:

Europeans were gonna ship some Africans no matter what...the same Africans that gave up their captured enemies got they ***** shipped to either america, carribeans, or South America too

Hell, they'll even try to convince you Africans had a huge hand in providing slaves to the Europeans. 
So you're denying this? Why cats always gotta go to the extreme's and say some dumb *** **** like this in these threads? 

On subject - I hate good ol southern white boys. So glad I grew up in the midwest. *** backwards south dose it once again 
mean.gif

wasn't forgotten about. bieber was trying to fit in with his current circle of friends. obviously racist jokes (and probably beliefs) were acceptable for them. he leaves that group, then becomes your typical rap ****. rides that wave for a while being as stereotypical as he can. now he's done with that life, ditched his black troublemaker persona and is back to being a good boy.

Stop making excuses for racists

What? Of course you can punish for speech. :lol:

Free speech doesn't mean there can't be consequences for what you say. It means you're free to say what you want, which these d-bags exercised on that bus. There's no law limiting one's rights to say "that" word.

If I walk into my supervisor's office and say "you're a ******* *******" and then I get fired, should I be upset about it? Of course not, because what I said was inappropriate, given the setting. I was free to say it, but that doesn't mean I'm free from the repercussions.

Also, there is a student code of conduct that every college student agrees to, whether they know it or not. So even if this was a genuine free speech issue, that goes out the window when you're a student on a college campus.

edit: btw, nobody was "robbed" of an education. Robbed implies that they're victims, which they're not. Actions have consequences, and they're learning that the hard way. Also, they're free to get an education elsewhere.

You are talking about a private organization. In that case I would support the expulsion. A public university cannot make that rule and CANNOT punish for speech. This is fact. They can possibly get punished for being a disruption but I wouldn't agree with that. I don't support what they said but I also think someone should stand up for their rights bc that's the right thing to do. Although i wouldn't do it bc I wouldn't associate with a racist, they still deserve their rights.

Update: here's a quote from a law professor " Under the First Amendment, though, the government — including the University of Oklahoma — ... whether the offensive speech is racist, religiously bigoted, pro-revolutionary, or expressive of any other viewpoint, however repugnant it might be."

Last edited:

I would argue the same thing for these frat boys.

Tinker v DesMoines

http://www.oyez.org/cases/1960-1969/1968/1968_21

You could also cite breach of student conduct & the frats code of conduct...

i would cite Iota chi Vs George Mason University

http://cehdclass.gmu.edu/jkozlows/gmu1az.htm

much more relevant to the topic. but either way both punishments were deemed unconstitutional and reversed as this situation will likely be if fought.
Not sure if u were taking my side or not, but that case said they cant be punished for speech and that they punished based on the fear of disruption but not any actual interference occured

im basically saying this expulsion doesnt stand a chance in court. i believe the decision for expulsion was only made as PR stunt by the school to avoid any media backlash and it isnt the fair or right punishment.

Any refutations?

Last edited:
An ugly woman contest (& dressing in caricature) is "a little" different than singing about hanging black people from trees. Had the university had not acted, the Justice Dept would've stepped in due to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which "prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance".

The singing of that song in particular creates a hostile environment which violates civil rights laws which prevents acts of creating such an environment that makes it so people of different races or religions or women feel they can't function at an institution without being subjected to unlawful discrimination.

If a lawsuit were to occur from the discipline handed out, the school could lawfully argue the sae students broke the code of conduct too.

Last edited:
An ugly woman contest (& dressing in caricature) is "a little" different than singing about hanging black people from trees. Had the university had not acted, the Justice Dept would've stepped in due to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which "prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance".

The singing of that song in particular creates a hostile environment which violates civil rights laws which prevents acts of creating such an environment that makes it so people of different races or religions or women feel they can't function at an institution without being subjected to unlawful discrimination.

If a lawsuit were to occur from the discipline handed out, the school could lawfully argue the sae students broke the code of conduct too.

i mean i feel pretty bad arguing for these lames, but i still believe im right. They didnt threaten to hang anyone, they spoke rhetorically as in you can do whatever the **** you want to them, we dont care, as long as he doesnt join our fraternity. they were not inciting violence. just like cross burning is completely legal. it stirs up emotion and is wrong but not illegal. in the iota chi vs gmu, the school tried to say they broke the code of conduct. it didnt hold up. no one was threatened, and nothing was incited imho. i feel pretty certain based on those 2 cases this would get overturned without a doubt.

for the discrimination issue, they could indeed step in. but those are not the boys to punish. freshman 19 yo have 0 part of that decision making because they themselves were just initiated in the frat. but if they wanted to punish the president or who ever is in charge of the discrimination i can see your point

I mean even if they don't get expelled, why would you even want to go back to OU? You gonna be an outcast after this

I mean even if they don't get expelled, why would you even want to go back to OU? You gonna be an outcast after this

i said this earlier. they should probably leave, but that is completely their decision. i am making the point that the expulsion is not right and i dont agree with it. I dont care for the kids at all but i do care about rights

"certain people" will have you believe that theres a distinction between racist words and racist actions 
mean.gif

that just because someone "has the right" to say something, means that they are innocent in the court of public opinion as well

"certain people" will have you believe that theres a distinction between racist words and racist actions :smh:

that just because someone "has the right" to say something, means that they are innocent in the court of public opinion as well

i mean speaking strictly on the punishments. i think theyre idiots and deserve all the social backlash they get, but the expulsion is still wrong. i dont really think thats a hard concept to grasp

I would argue the same thing for these frat boys.
no. i wouldnt. bieber telling a played out one-liner joke that even i heard back in like 2002 for a laugh, and a BUS full of white youth chanting and singing about hanging blacks are completely different. ive told racist jokes about blacks white asians and hispanics. im nowhere near racist. i have NEVER done anything as egregious as them chanting what they said on that bus. that was a HATE message, not a joke. now that their racist history is coming to light, how can you even side with them...unless you side with them?

Back
Top Bottom