Racist Fraternity at the University of Oklahoma caught on tape.

they spoke rhetorically
mean.gif

i said this earlier. they should probably leave, but that is completely their decision. i am making the point that the expulsion is not right and i dont agree with it. I dont care for the kids at all but i do care about rights

Why is the expulsion not right? Why would a university want to stand behind racial intolerance? Even though deep down the Dean and figureheads at OU probably don't mind and sing the chant themselves, publicly they don't want the heat that's coming with this situation. Those racist frat boys are gonna be ok regardless. Their racist CEO fathers will make sure that they are employed in the future :rolleyes :smh:

Last edited:
no. i wouldnt. bieber telling a played out one-liner joke that even i heard back in like 2002 for a laugh, and a BUS full of white youth chanting and singing about hanging blacks are completely different. ive told racist jokes about blacks white asians and hispanics. im nowhere near racist. i have NEVER done anything as egregious as them chanting what they said on that bus. that was a HATE message, not a joke. now that their racist history is coming to light, how can you even side with them...unless you side with them?
no. i wouldnt. bieber telling a played out one-liner joke that even i heard back in like 2002 for a laugh, and a BUS full of white youth chanting and singing about hanging blacks are completely different. ive told racist jokes about blacks white asians and hispanics. im nowhere near racist. i have NEVER done anything as egregious as them chanting what they said on that bus. that was a HATE message, not a joke. now that their racist history is coming to light, how can you even side with them...unless you side with them?

I'm siding for the freedom of speech not them. One of the first things my sister learned in law school was that your not agreeing or protecting their idea you are just protecting their right to that idea. If u said a racist joke your just as guilty. I'm pretty sure everyone has done that btw, it doesn't make it ok but if u were recorded doing that in it went viral it would be just as bad. Maybe they thought this was just a joke too... I'm saying I truly believe they did it to fit in but even so they should know better than that. Again u can point fingers and try to accuse of me racism which is pure ignorance, but I don't agree with what they said and I find it disgusting, yet its still not right to punish for speech

Last edited:

did u honestly think at any moment in that video that they were gonna go hang a black man?

i think yall are missing the point. yes what they said is wrong, disgusting actually. but its protected by the constitution, and as long as we have the freedom of speech they cannot be punished. i believe yall are approaching the situation too biasly and not from a legal perspective, i believe most lawyers would agree with me. my sister certainly doesnt, but she is pretty biased her self.

Last edited:
Whites talking about anything dealing with slavery and or blacks in a negative connotation is racist. There is no joking or trying to fit in with that just because of the semantics of slavery and how African Americans are still perceived in society. If white people want to say and do stupid **** like this than don't be surprised when black people say or feel like they can't and won't trust white people...........

Whites talking about anything dealing with slavery and or blacks in a negative connotation is racist. There is no joking or trying to fit in with that just because of the semantics of slavery and how African Americans are still perceived in society. If white people want to say and do stupid **** like this than don't be surprised when black people say or feel like they can't and won't trust white people...........

i agree with u whole heartedly. as an arab men that has experienced racism i have similar sentiments on whether or not i can trust some people. I feel ur pain and it sucks. its such a terrible feeling knowing that your being judged for everything. for instance, im meeting some classmates for the first time and ive been growing my beard out bc i wanna look like one of the beard gang hashtaggers. i will likely trim it down quite a bit bc i dont want to scare the off and make a bad 1st impression. this happens a lot to middle easterners. the first i time noticed it, it hit a spot and still see that person in that same light. but i still think that they have the right to their racist thought. its america

Last edited:
i mean speaking strictly on the punishments. i think theyre idiots and deserve all the social backlash they get, but the expulsion is still wrong. i dont really think thats a hard concept to grasp
part of that social backlash is suffering the consequences of shaming their univ and frat in front of the nation, and getting kicked for it.  

edit: if this was an explicit video that went viral, the students would be expelled for having been videotaped engaging in behavior unbecoming of a univ student.

so why does racism not fall under that same classification of behavior?

Last edited:
part of that social backlash is suffering the consequences of shaming their univ and frat in front of the nation, and getting kicked for it.  

no you are wrong. a public institution such as the University of Oklahoma, which takes public money, operates as an arm of the government under the law. under the 1st amendment, you cannot be punished for speech. social backlash by peers, colleagues, private companies, yes i agree. a federal institution does not have this right

no you are wrong. a public institution such as the University of Oklahoma, which takes public money, operates as an arm of the government under the law. under the 1st amendment, you cannot be punished for speech. social backlash by peers, colleagues, private companies, yes i agree. a federal institution does not have this right
the school has a code of conduct and it's up to the courts to decide whether having a racist fraternity that gleefully chants racist songs is detrimental to the well being of other students on campus. This is disrupting the education of other students( how would a black person feel going to class with somebody like that)

So while you can say what you want, if I march through the halls of s building saying down with ****** and disrupting classes everyday, posting videos of it in YouTube etc, I can be expelled

Last edited:
See these wannabe tough fake klansmen continue to use their predatorial and barbaric history as fear tactics.
While white America continues to ignore the feelings of the minority in this country.

Here's something for you "law professors".
These barbarians have created an atmosphere of fear and hate on the campus. What about the black female students that have to walk in fear at night on campus because they are scared of being "hang'em from a tree"?
At what point does perpetuating a spirit of fear lead to disciplinary actions?
The threat of harming others and voicing those threats in public isn't cause for disciplinary actions?

I'm willing to bet this group of hate mongers has been warned on multiple occasions and that video was the noose around their necks.

theyre not being punished solely for their speech, but because of all the uproar it has caused which IS detrimental the other students.

their words/actions directly caused major damage to the univ.

Putting this on another page before another idiot say it

"SAE BEEN AROUND BEFORE A GOD DAMN RAP ALBUM WAS MADE"

the school has a code of conduct and it's up to the courts to decide whether having a racist fraternity that gleefully chants racist songs is detrimental to the well being of other students on campus. This is disrupting the education of other students( how would a black person feel going to class with somebody like that)

So while you can say what you want, if I march through the halls of s building saying down with ****** and disrupting classes everyday, posting videos of it in YouTube etc, I can be expelled

yes the instance you named of running through a building a saying racist things is disrupting and this violates the code of conduct. doing something off campus outside of school grounds is not the same. this did not disrupt their classes. people who see the video choose to watch it and be disrupted hence i dont think this constitutes as a true disruption.

Oklahoma is tasked with upholding Title VI of the Civil Rights Act...

again refer to the cases i cited. this video of racist speech does not legally violate that code of conduct according to past rulings of a similar case with the black face incident. both actions were racist and insensitive, but committed out side of class, not a learning disruption.

for everyone calling me a racist, grow up, u dont know me or my views. i am certainly not a racist. i am sorry that i am willing to speak on what i think is an injustice even if its unpopular.

ur not understanding the point

its not a matter of whethere what they said was in a classroom or not

the learning environment throughout the campus has changed now with all the media attention

thats where the disruption comes from, the fact that this video went viral, which is not illegal 
tongue.gif

ur not understanding the point

its not a matter of whethere what they said was in a classroom or not

the learning environment throughout the campus has changed now with all the media attention

thats where the disruption comes from, the fact that this video went viral, which is not illegal :tongue:

should student athletes be expelled when they bring negative media attention to school. im talking about people like manziel and winston. i feel like thats comparable logic. maybe?

should student athletes be expelled when they bring negative media attention to school. im talking about people like manziel and winston. i feel like thats comparable logic. maybe?

I get where you're coming from but at the same time neither Manziel or Winston degraded a race of people they share a campus with

because in your opinion all negative attention is the same negative attention 
eyes.gif

the other students on campus they may feel some type of way arent even a thought to you 
mean.gif

I get where you're coming from but at the same time neither Manziel or Winston degraded a race of people they share a campus with

true but now were saying that school isnt expelling them for the disruption but the speech, which bring me back to my point of that being wrong.
they were expelled for one of two reasons. either the disruption (if thats the case anyone who brings negative media attention should get that same treatment) or they were expelled for speech which is unconstitutional.

the point im trying to make it that they didnt choose for this to go viral or cause a disruption. they did this behind closed doors. if anyone is causing a disruption its the media and the protests. btw i would def partake in these protests if done at my school for the simple fact of solidarity against racism in general but not in calling for punishment.

Yall get me or nah?

because in your opinion all negative attention is the same negative attention :rolleyes

the other students on campus they may feel some type of way arent even a thought to you :smh:

the constitution doesnt protect peoples feelings unless they feel physically threatened. watching that video, i did not feel physically threatened at all especially from those scrawny spoiled kids

nah i dont get you. 
indifferent.gif

it doesnt matter if they wanted it go viral or not, the fact is that it did and THAT is what the univ has to respond to

its BOTH the fact that it was racist AND that it went viral, not one or the other 
tired.gif

nah i dont get you. :stoneface:

it doesnt matter if they wanted it go viral or not, the fact is that it did and THAT is what the univ has to respond to

its BOTH the fact that it was racist AND that it went viral, not one or the other |I

it is absolutely one or the other. they CANNOT punish for speech or racism. this is fact. that would be unconstitutional. so they must be being punished for the disruption bc its illegal to punish someone for speech, so thats the only other option the school has. now if thats the reason, when winston stole those crabs legs or reggie bush accepting money from boosters that makes the school also look bad and disrupts the environment. so they should have gotten expelled too. if u really cant see that, i think ur choosing not to see past ur own biases. and thats understandable

the constitution doesnt protect peoples feelings unless they feel physically threatened. watching that video, i did not feel physically threatened at all especially from those scrawny spoiled kids
well thats good for you, but you cant speak for everyone on that campus

like i said, you arent concerned with how the other side feels about it, so long as these two white boys are vindicated 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom