Raising the prices

What if they one day raise all prices on Jordans/Nikes dramatically. (ex: instead of $160-$170 retail  - raise to $250-$270)  This will probably help in many ways.  The word "hypebeast" will be no more. It will take care of the resellers because they wont cop 2 or 3 pairs because it be too expensive and a risky investment. It also could help to pay the factory workers $3-$5 instead of $2 per shoe and we can get better quality and better labor. They can probably produce more shoes per each size also .Another thing it may also be the solution for no camping because the prices will turn hypebeast away. Where we can just wake up and a full size run will still be there.  I know many of you guys have hook ups or skilled to get them online and dont care about any of these problems but its just a thought..

It'll help people who buy jordans go broke. Hype will always be there and if anything if shoes are selling for 270$ you can expect them to hit the clearance racks right away. I don't see myself paying 270$ retail and tax for a pair of jordans. I'd rather get an og pair or something for that price. Better quality? That doesn't justify a 100$ price hike. At this point people are buying jordans for the way they look, not for quality. I'd love great quality on jordans but for 270$ I can choose a pair of og jordans or get multiple pairs of some nikes.

I see where your coming from. You have to relaize what about the working class citizen. Meaning that father that works 2 to 3 jobs just to put nice clothes on his kids back. Now hes gonna hAve to work a fourth job at the strip club just because of thIs drastic price increase. People who noramlly buy js would stop because they would think to themeselves why spend 250 -270 on a pair of sneakers when they could PAY 50 MORE BUCKS FOR a high end designer shoe like prada. THE ONLY KIDS THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO WAER THESE EXPENSIVE SHOES ARE THE AFFLUENT KIDS THAT DONT KNOW WHAT A DAY TO DAY STRUGGGLE IS,I could also see alot of people getting robbed, for example a pack of degenerts walking down a dark lonley strip and come across a dude(AFFLUENT OVER PRIVILIEGED KID) with a pair of 270 shoes they are gona think, ohhh lets get him he looks like a herb im sure his dad could buy him another pair. How About instead of raising theprice lower the M.F down like 100 a pop that way when resellers getem they would make little to no profit. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS PARTNER, IM SURE YOU HAVE A JOB THAT YOU OBTAINED FROM A FRIEND OR FAMILYmember and you rest your feet on a desk on a daily bases and you could afford the price increase but what about the average joe, working at the golden arches. If thats the case dont buy from footlocker go to marquesole save that spot for the working class citizen. What about  people starting from a bottom level job or a struggling college kid (ITS NOT FAIR). Or do u have  FAMILY THAT PROVIDE  nice THINGS FOR you on a constant bases (have you no value for money). NOW IMAGINE YOU DIDNT HAVE THE SILVER SPOON AND YOU JUST OBTAIN A JOB MAKING MINUM WAGE AND YOUR YOUNG AND NOW JB HAS DECIDED TO RAISE THE SHOES TO 270, I BET YOUR HINNIE YOU WOULD BE PISSED get of you high horse buddy and when you think about buying at footaction dont go. instead go to marquesole or flightclub im sure they would be glad to take your money. save that spot for somone that values money  

28qw3e1.jpg

Then resllers would raise there prices to double the retail value and im sure you wouldnt want that partner. I mean for you to think about factory countrys deservin a wage increase, Instead of more jobs in the u.s is pretty nerve racking. Im guessing you live either in the hamptons working on another tan or your just not intouch with reality. Maybe you need to live the life of an honest working mans life style and maybe you would change the thread to what if jb lowers the price to a 100.00 a pop that way resllers make little to no profit of the shoe. Im sure whatever you obtained in this life was proably from the guidance of your family or friend now you making income, proably enough to buy off websites like marquesole or flightclub. what about the average joe? what if you was WORKING for Ronald Mcdonald and theyre was a drastic price increse im sure you would be upset. Plus if the price increase would take inaffect im sure i would contribute 50.00 for some high end shoes PRADA wich are pretty typicla now a days....

Aren't most people already paying those kind of prices? I mean, look at overseas sites, ebay (especially ebay). People eventually give in because they want the shoes that bad. Nike has been raising their prices little by little at a time and their seems to be no slowing down in them selling their product. Another $50-60 spike in my opinion will make no difference.

Said it before and I'll say it again. I'm all for the price raise depending on how limited the sneaker is. I wish Yeezy 2s retail was $500 or more. We all know a lot of people are going to be reselling them and trying to get $1,000 for anyway. It will cut down some of the profits resellers are making. It's only so much sneaker heads in general are willing to pay for a pair of sneakers.

Spoiler [+]
I have no shot at getting in my state so what the hell does it matter to me?
laugh.gif

NO OFFENSE BUT SOMEONE WORKING AT MCDONALDS REALLY SHOULDN'T BE COLLECTING JORDANS THOUGH I WON'T EVER TELL SOMEONE THAT DIRECTLY BECAUSE THEY CAN USE THEIR FUNDS AS THEY SEE FIT. IN ALL HONESTY THOUGH, THAT'S A SERIOUS MISUSE OF THEIR FUNDS. THE POOR WILL ALWAYS STAY POOR AS LONG AS THEIR VALUES AND SPENDING HABITS REFLECT THIS.

SADLY, JORDAN BRAND LOVES THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIR NUMBER ONE CONSUMERS.

Originally Posted by jvaldez

What if they one day raise all prices on Jordans/Nikes dramatically. (ex: instead of $160-$170 retail  - raise to $250-$270)  This will probably help in many ways.  The word "hypebeast" will be no more. It will take care of the resellers because they wont cop 2 or 3 pairs because it be too expensive and a risky investment. It also could help to pay the factory workers $3-$5 instead of $2 per shoe and we can get better quality and better labor. They can probably produce more shoes per each size also .Another thing it may also be the solution for no camping because the prices will turn hypebeast away. Where we can just wake up and a full size run will still be there.  I know many of you guys have hook ups or skilled to get them online and dont care about any of these problems but its just a thought..
this can't be serious. it would be the opposite of everything you just said. i'd elaborate, but you are really stupid.
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

28qw3e1.jpg

Raising prices wont solve anything. The only solution is Nike stopping w/ these BS limited releases & do restocks.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

NO OFFENSE BUT SOMEONE WORKING AT MCDONALDS REALLY SHOULDN'T BE COLLECTING JORDANS THOUGH I WON'T EVER TELL SOMEONE THAT DIRECTLY BECAUSE THEY CAN USE THEIR FUNDS AS THEY SEE FIT. IN ALL HONESTY THOUGH, THAT'S A SERIOUS MISUSE OF THEIR FUNDS. THE POOR WILL ALWAYS STAY POOR AS LONG AS THEIR VALUES AND SPENDING HABITS REFLECT THIS.

SADLY, JORDAN BRAND LOVES THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIR NUMBER ONE CONSUMERS.

most teenagers work at fast food chain restaraunts, because theyre kids they want to fit in and there parents neglet there duties in fulfilling there obligations as parents in supplying there kids with proper clothing attire, they rather invest their money in gambling instead of there kids. Which results in teens busting there humps just to buy EXPENSIVE shoes while there parents cover the basic necisties.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

I see where your coming from. You have to relaize what about the working class citizen. Meaning that father that works 2 to 3 jobs just to put nice clothes on his kids back. Now hes gonna hAve to work a fourth job at the strip club just because of thIs drastic price increase. People who noramlly buy js would stop because they would think to themeselves why spend 250 -270 on a pair of sneakers when they could PAY 50 MORE BUCKS FOR a high end designer shoe like prada. THE ONLY KIDS THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO WAER THESE EXPENSIVE SHOES ARE THE AFFLUENT KIDS THAT DONT KNOW WHAT A DAY TO DAY STRUGGGLE IS,I could also see alot of people getting robbed, for example a pack of degenerts walking down a dark lonley strip and come across a dude(AFFLUENT OVER PRIVILIEGED KID) with a pair of 270 shoes they are gona think, ohhh lets get him he looks like a herb im sure his dad could buy him another pair. How About instead of raising theprice lower the M.F down like 100 a pop that way when resellers getem they would make little to no profit. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS PARTNER, IM SURE YOU HAVE A JOB THAT YOU OBTAINED FROM A FRIEND OR FAMILYmember and you rest your feet on a desk on a daily bases and you could afford the price increase but what about the average joe, working at the golden arches. If thats the case dont buy from footlocker go to marquesole save that spot for the working class citizen. What about  people starting from a bottom level job or a struggling college kid (ITS NOT FAIR). Or do u have  FAMILY THAT PROVIDE  nice THINGS FOR you on a constant bases (have you no value for money). NOW IMAGINE YOU DIDNT HAVE THE SILVER SPOON AND YOU JUST OBTAIN A JOB MAKING MINUM WAGE AND YOUR YOUNG AND NOW JB HAS DECIDED TO RAISE THE SHOES TO 270, I BET YOUR HINNIE YOU WOULD BE PISSED get of you high horse buddy and when you think about buying at footaction dont go. instead go to marquesole or flightclub im sure they would be glad to take your money. save that spot for somone that values money  

was spellcheck malfunctioning?

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Raising prices will solve exactly zero problems.

this. Idk where you folks are getting this idea from, I've heard it on here before. Raising the price by $100 is plain dumb. Resellers will still buy up all the stock and then people who missed out will end up paying $325-375 for a GR jordan.

You would have to do you. I couldn't justify paying that kind of money on a shoe regularly. It's okay to splurge on occasion but that kind of money would be better suited for buying new stocks or bonds that will give you more growth....potentially anyway. It's just not good business in my opinion but do you.

So many people trying to fix the state of play.
People need to face facts, Kicks are harder to get and will only get harder so just deal with it.
Don't know why people starting these threads think they'll somehow make a difference.

NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

OP , your theory is my reality here in Australia
frown.gif

the Australian dollar is level with the US dollar.

lucky we dont have too many "hype beast" in Australia, most kids wear skate shoes like Vans, Globe etc .

Im old school, hence i stick it out with my air jordans. There is much lower demand here in Australia for high end sneakers, however this past weekend, 1 sneaker store in Australia in a major city received 20-30 pairs of Galaxy foams and there was a line up of about 300+ people ! something not seen in Australia, EVER.
The store did the right thing and held a raffle for the shoes, but in a day or 2, they have already appeared on Ebay.

I save up for my purchases and only buy jordans that i love, as it just becomes too expensive, if i start coping every release
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Raising prices will solve exactly zero problems.
Exactly. Nike raised prices before and %@%@ ain't change. Jordans weren't always $160-180.. 
If they raise prices again, the only thing changing is how much you have to pay. No more, no less...

I hope they do raise it to 270.00 retail. this way you kids can stop buying every single pair that comes out, and teach nike that hell no we aint buying sneakers for that much just for retail. it's crazy and super insane. 

Back
Top Bottom