Raising the prices

Originally Posted by jvaldez

What if they one day raise all prices on Jordans/Nikes dramatically. (ex: instead of $160-$170 retail  - raise to $250-$270)  This will probably help in many ways.  The word "hypebeast" will be no more. It will take care of the resellers because they wont cop 2 or 3 pairs because it be too expensive and a risky investment. It also could help to pay the factory workers $3-$5 instead of $2 per shoe and we can get better quality and better labor. They can probably produce more shoes per each size also .Another thing it may also be the solution for no camping because the prices will turn hypebeast away. Where we can just wake up and a full size run will still be there.  I know many of you guys have hook ups or skilled to get them online and dont care about any of these problems but its just a thought..
sick.gif
 Stopped reading after this.

OP just stop while you are behind.

Vuey that's a smart that your doing, instead of buying every single release your getting the pairs that you love. that's whats up.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

NO OFFENSE BUT SOMEONE WORKING AT MCDONALDS REALLY SHOULDN'T BE COLLECTING JORDANS THOUGH I WON'T EVER TELL SOMEONE THAT DIRECTLY BECAUSE THEY CAN USE THEIR FUNDS AS THEY SEE FIT. IN ALL HONESTY THOUGH, THAT'S A SERIOUS MISUSE OF THEIR FUNDS. THE POOR WILL ALWAYS STAY POOR AS LONG AS THEIR VALUES AND SPENDING HABITS REFLECT THIS.

SADLY, JORDAN BRAND LOVES THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIR NUMBER ONE CONSUMERS.

most teenagers work at fast food chain restaraunts, because theyre kids they want to fit in and there parents neglet there duties in fulfilling there obligations as parents in supplying there kids with proper clothing attire, they rather invest their money in gambling instead of there kids. Which results in teens busting there humps just to buy EXPENSIVE shoes while there parents cover the basic necisties.

Whoever raised you... must have created some really bad misconceptions about how most are raised. Kids work at fast food places to fit in? Parents gambling away money they could use to feed their kids' sneaker collections? So instead kids use their taco bell income to buy them? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?

Originally Posted by trappedintime

NO OFFENSE BUT SOMEONE WORKING AT MCDONALDS REALLY SHOULDN'T BE COLLECTING JORDANS THOUGH I WON'T EVER TELL SOMEONE THAT DIRECTLY BECAUSE THEY CAN USE THEIR FUNDS AS THEY SEE FIT. IN ALL HONESTY THOUGH, THAT'S A SERIOUS MISUSE OF THEIR FUNDS. THE POOR WILL ALWAYS STAY POOR AS LONG AS THEIR VALUES AND SPENDING HABITS REFLECT THIS.

SADLY, JORDAN BRAND LOVES THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE THEIR NUMBER ONE CONSUMERS.

most teenagers work at fast food chain restaraunts, because theyre kids they want to fit in and there parents neglet there duties in fulfilling there obligations as parents in supplying there kids with proper clothing attire, they rather invest their money in gambling instead of there kids. Which results in teens busting there humps just to buy EXPENSIVE shoes while there parents cover the basic necisties.

Whoever raised you... must have created some really bad misconceptions about how most are raised. Kids work at fast food places to fit in? Parents gambling away money they could use to feed their kids' sneaker collections? So instead kids use their taco bell income lto buy them? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?!?

I was simply giving an example maybe if you wasn't trapped in time you would be able to understand that so come back to reality. Anyways, i was fortunate and GRATEFUL enough to have parents that Care and REALIZE they were young at one point and they like to dress nice so why not give my child the best. I went to footlocker for the air Jordan 14 release. I was talking to one of there store associate and he was basically telling me, js are expensive and he rather buy food with his check. In my head i was like he look way too young to be investing your check on food especially a teenager like him. i could see him investing that kind of money on things teens like to do, not the basic necessities. Shouldn't his mom and pops handle at least that small aspect in his life.everyone has been dealt with different parents some that care, some that dont even acknowledge your existence. Maybe you ought to ask oh boy what hes smoking, ill pm you his work address if your interested.

Originally Posted by go rilla

I see where your coming from. You have to relaize what about the working class citizen. Meaning that father that works 2 to 3 jobs just to put nice clothes on his kids back. Now hes gonna hAve to work a fourth job at the strip club just because of thIs drastic price increase. People who noramlly buy js would stop because they would think to themeselves why spend 250 -270 on a pair of sneakers when they could PAY 50 MORE BUCKS FOR a high end designer shoe like prada. THE ONLY KIDS THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO WAER THESE EXPENSIVE SHOES ARE THE AFFLUENT KIDS THAT DONT KNOW WHAT A DAY TO DAY STRUGGGLE IS,I could also see alot of people getting robbed, for example a pack of degenerts walking down a dark lonley strip and come across a dude(AFFLUENT OVER PRIVILIEGED KID) with a pair of 270 shoes they are gona think, ohhh lets get him he looks like a herb im sure his dad could buy him another pair. How About instead of raising theprice lower the M.F down like 100 a pop that way when resellers getem they would make little to no profit. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS PARTNER, IM SURE YOU HAVE A JOB THAT YOU OBTAINED FROM A FRIEND OR FAMILYmember and you rest your feet on a desk on a daily bases and you could afford the price increase but what about the average joe, working at the golden arches. If thats the case dont buy from footlocker go to kmarquesole save that spot for the working class citizen. What about  people starting from a bottom level job or a struggling college kid (ITS NOT FAIR). Or do u have  FAMILY THAT PROVIDE  nice THINGS FOR you on a constant bases (have you no value for money). NOW IMAGINE YOU DIDNT HAVE THE SILVER SPOON AND YOU JUST OBTAIN A JOB MAKING MINUM WAGE AND YOUR YOUNG AND NOW JB HAS DECIDED TO RAISE THE SHOES TO 270, I BET YOUR HINNIE YOU WOULD BE PISSED get of you high horse buddy and when you think about buying at footaction dont go. instead go to marquesole or flightclub im sure they would be glad to take your money. save that spot for somone that values money  

was spellcheck malfunctioning?

Maybe next time ill have ur mother proof read it for me. Before I Click the reply tab.

[color= rgb(51, 204, 0)] most teenagers work at fast food chain restaraunts, because theyre kids they want to fit in and there parents neglet there duties in fulfilling there obligations as parents in supplying there kids with proper clothing attire,[/color] they rather invest their money in gambling instead of there kids. Which results in teens busting there humps just to buy EXPENSIVE shoes while there parents cover the basic necisties.

imma ignore the typos and horrendous spelling and focus on the parents part. obligation in supplying proper clothing attire? what the hell is proper clothing attire? a parent's obligation is to put a roof over ur head, food on the table and clothes on ur back. jordans are not a necessity. if teens want expensive sneakers and clothes... they should work for it.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by odiggidy

[color= rgb(51, 204, 0)] most teenagers work at fast food chain restaraunts, because theyre kids they want to fit in and there parents neglet there duties in fulfilling there obligations as parents in supplying there kids with proper clothing attire,[/color] they rather invest their money in gambling instead of there kids. Which results in teens busting there humps just to buy EXPENSIVE shoes while there parents cover the basic necisties.

imma ignore the typos and horrendous spelling and focus on the parents part. obligation in supplying proper clothing attire? what the hell is proper clothing attire? a parent's obligation is to put a roof over ur head, food on the table and clothes on ur back. jordans are not a necessity. if teens want expensive sneakers and clothes... they should work for it.
alien.gif
 well said my friend,I couldn't agree with you more.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

28qw3e1.jpg

laugh.gif
... But on a serious note this needs to stop b/c JB is a business & this is not a smart business move. Companies make $$$$$ they don't waste it b/c the consumer is upset that he/she didn't get the product. For some selling out is bad news but for NIKE it's GREAT NEWS

The US is a gold mine for NIKE/JB

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Didn't kno that food & a roof over a child's head was so devalued in this country..... Then again maybe not

Raising prices would be a horrible idea and i dont think it would solve any of this.  I already refuse to buy from resellers with these crazy prices..even jordan brands 160 plus tax for every release is a lot to me.

Originally Posted by Whiteboirockjs07

Raising prices would be a horrible idea and i dont think it would solve any of this.  I already refuse to buy from resellers with these crazy prices..even jordan brands 160 plus tax for every release is a lot to me.
QFT 

we are fortunate we do not have a resale market here in Australia. If you watch ebay, sellers in Australia struggle to get retail for their pairs.

I think its totally nuts that some sneaker heads are willing to fork out x2, x3 the value of the shoe. I missed out on some major releases (south beach Lbj's , Big Bangs , 2011 YOTR) to name a few, but refuse to pay double / tripple the value of the shoe.

i just get over it, look at the collection i already have and be greatfull for what i have
wink.gif
  , and look forward to the next release .

I have lived in a country where the average monthly salary is less than a pair of Jordans. Needless to day when I went to into the store to buy Jordans, I was the only one there.  There was no need to go early.  I could cruise in days or weeks after a release and get my size.

And when I asked to buy multiple pairs, the shoe store employee had to do a double check and ask me several times if I was serious. Apparently, nobody buys more than one pair in that country.  So yes, if the price is high enough, the demand will decrease.

i would never pay 250 or 270 its just ridiculous the shoe game is not going to be worth at that point anymore. i rather eat lol

The only thing that will solve the problem with the shoe game is cut out the middle man and resellers by shipping more shoes 2 stores instead of this 1 shoe per size bull if (everyone) got the shoe they wanted with no problem life would be easy and Nike/JB would make more money instead of resellers and price hiked websites

might as well get em to 300-400 range, that way all da snobs can rock em instead of guccis and LVs lolz....

It'll be here real soon. As u can see NIKE is testing the market w/ the "Elite" series

right now i'm paying on average $200.00 on each retro release since the white/red 10's to the black stealth 10's
to avoid missing out and paying even more later i just pay the $200.00 flat

Originally Posted by bigkel23

It'll be here real soon. As u can see NIKE is testing the market w/ the "Elite" series
This is what I was talking about. The elite series is going to be priced at $250-260. I'll bet you only fans or collectors will buy these. I've seen so many "NO COP" comments already in numerous online sites for this series.  " The Material sucks", "The price is too high" ..Thats hypebeast talk for you. I know resellers are not going to cop 2 or 3 because that will be a risky investment. They don't see themselves selling them for double/triple the price either, so they'll pass. 

It won't make a diff. Nike likes the hype and needs the hype.... thats why things won't change no matter how much you charge.

jb and nike are much like car companies. most car luxury companies are raising prices every year or at least every new model. same thing with the sneakers, of course materials are good but you WILL pay a premium for better leather and add-ons. idk think their worried about making retro's the best they can be,so their not competing with their new product. obviously retro's are nice chunk of revenue for them, so why not mass produce using as cheap of materials as possible. even car manufactures are trying to produce more cheaper vehicles to slot under the vehicles their originally raised the prices on.

Back
Top Bottom