Ray Allen...flops with the best of them. HOF WORTHY?

smh.gif
he has let pierce adulterate his mind. If a player gets close to ray, son falls back like someone took his soul
smh.gif
Big baby is just as bad.
It's almost like a dance or something to them.

To the guy that said flopping is a part of the game and the NBA allows it, that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a coward move. Exact same as faking an injury.

In real life, when you exaggerate something in attempt to gain reward, it's called Fraud.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Please tell me what's he's done to be worthy of being the NBA HOF.

The guy has one really bad game and he isnt good anymore? He is one of the greatest shooters to ever play the game and games like game 2 prove it

pierce flops too...but neither are as bad as gasol and fisher....does kobe throwing his arms up and yelling 'heyyyyyyyyyyy' everytime he gets touched count as flopping?

Allen has a career average of 20.5 ppg on 45% FG. Kobe also has a career average of 45% on FGs.

Ray Allen is one of greater basketball players at shooting 3's, but that's not enough to get into the HOF.

I just felt something needed to be said about Ray Allen's flopping.

How you gonna call out Ray when:

1. Your team WON the damn game.
2. Your team has 2 of the most notorious floppers in the game today.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

allen be falling every direction when a player goes STRAIGHT UP to shoot. back him down a lil? flop. getting position on him? flop.

and allen hasnt done anything worthy of being in the HOF.

roll.gif
If this guy is serious.... If I were a Laker fan I'd quit just because of guys like you. Embarrassing.
But you're an Ohio State fan...

Originally Posted by kingkb34

How you gonna call out Ray when:

1. Your team WON the damn game.
2. Your team has 2 of the most notorious floppers in the game today.

I'm calling Ray out because no one else does.

Spoiler [+]
I realize some already have, but I feel this is thread worthy.

Allen has a career average of 20.5 ppg on 45% FG. Kobe also has a career average of 45% on FGs.

Ray Allen is one of greater basketball players at shooting 3's, but that's not enough to get into the HOF.

One of??????????

In a season or 2 he will be all time 3pts made. Did you just recently start watching the NBA? When you are the all time best at a certain key aspect of the game then yes that is good enough for the Hall.

Yea he flops and yes its annoying to watch players flop but thats what not so great defenders have to do to get some kind of edge. Utah players had to do it all series against Melo because they just couldnt guard him. Ray does it to Kobe cuz he cant guard him. It sucks that the European players brought that over but its part of the game now and we will have to live with it until officials stop rewarding bad defenders for falling over when a player tries to turn the corner on them. #quiturbitchin

Wow....now we're questioning Ray's HOF credentials????
laugh.gif

Where was this question after game 2?

laugh.gif

Making the most 3's in a season and soon becoming the all time leader isn't anything HOF worthy?

Leave S&T

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

One of??????????

In a season or 2 he will be all time 3pts made. Did you just recently start watching the NBA? When you are the all time best at a certain key aspect of the game then yes that is good enough for the Hall.

Yea he flops and yes its annoying to watch players flop but thats what not so great defenders have to do to get some kind of edge. Utah players had to do it all series against Melo because they just couldnt guard him. Ray does it to Kobe cuz he cant guard him. It sucks that the European players brought that over but its part of the game now and we will have to live with it until officials stop rewarding bad defenders for falling over when a player tries to turn the corner on them. #quiturbitchin

He's not the greatest 3 point shooter. that's for damn sure. not the most made 3-pointers nor the best 3 point shooting percentage.

And why didn't I bring this up after game 2? I didn't watch game 2.
laugh.gif
I went fishing.

^ You also said than Allen is worse than Fisher.

You don't honestly believe that do you?

[h3]
HOF WORTHY?
[/h3]
  • NBA Champion: 2008
  • All-NBA Second Team: 2005
  • All-NBA Third Team: 2001
  • 9-time NBA All-Star: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
  • NBA All-Rookie Second Team: 1997
  • NBA Joe Dumars NBA Sportsmanship Award: 2003
  • The Sporting News "Good Guy": 2000, 2001, 2005[sup][18][/sup]
  • NBA All-Star Weekend Three-point Shootout champion: 2001
  • Holds NBA record for most three-point field goals made in a regular season with 269 in 2005-06[sup][19][/sup]
  • NBA regular season leader, three-point field goals attempted: 2006 (653)
  • Holds NBA record for most seasons leading the league in three-point field goals made with 3 (2001-02 with 229, 2002-03 with 201, 2005-06 with 269)
  • Shares NBA record for most three-point field goals made in one half with 8 with Tracy McGrady (April 14, 2002 vs. the Charlotte Hornets).
  • Holds NBA record for most three-point field goals made in a single NBA Finals game with 8 (June 6, 2010 vs. the Los Angeles Lakers)
  • Holds NBA record for most three-point field goals made in an NBA Finals series with 22 (2008 NBA Finals)
  • Holds Milwaukee Bucks franchise records for most consecutive games played (400), most career three-point field goals made (1,051), and most career three-point field goals attempted (2,587)
  • Member of the 2000 United States men's basketball team, which won gold at the Sydney Olympics.
  • Holds Boston Celtics franchise record for most consecutive free throws (72).
  • Is the active leader in career regular season three-point field goals made with 2,444. He trails only Reggie Miller, who has 2560, for the all time record (as of April 14, 2010)

- YES

Why the hate on Ray? ..he's one of the likeable players in the league

...Paul pierce on the other hand
eyes.gif

For what it's worth, I'd take Reggie Miller over Ray Allen in terms of all time, but Ray still has a couple of years or so left.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wow....now we're questioning Ray's HOF credentials????
laugh.gif

Where was this question after game 2?

First it was Pierce, now Allen so next week someone will undoubtedly question Kevin Garnett's HOF credentials.

All I wanna know is how the hell did he manage to miss every single shot he took yesterday?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

lock this

hes a hall of famer...he does flop but NOT as much as fish

threads like this is why us Laker fans get so much hate

smh.gif
Co sign EVERYTHING you just said.

To help solve the probelm with flopping, NBA players should be banned from wearing hip pad, elbow pad, knee pads, chest pad. Back in the 80s 90s you didnt really see player in the NBA wear pads. Now all these NBA players are wearing all these pads to help protect them when there flopping on the floor.

I hate flopping.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

One of??????????

He's not the greatest 3 point shooter. that's for damn sure. not the most made 3-pointers nor the best 3 point shooting percentage.

And why didn't I bring this up after game 2? I didn't watch game 2.
laugh.gif
I went fishing.
Just stop. He needs 117 3s to become the all time leader in made 3s. He will get that before the all star break next year. He is a shoe in for the Hall.

You should go fishing more often. Then maybe we wouldnt get these terrible posts.

Back
Top Bottom