reasons for your collection

fellow sneakerheads: what are the reasons for you line of collection? it is because of the player? for example slap kobe's name or jordan's orlebron's name on any shoes and you'll buy them, doesn't matter if the shoes are ugly or if you look like a dork wearing it.. is it the exclusivity?buy everything rare!! maybe you consider what other says here on nt as being hot? is it the price? buying only the expensive shoes or those that you think willgo up in value in the future.

i like using them for basketball, doesnt matter what shoe as long as it serves its purpose.. im usually in slippers anyway

i love sneakers since my kabataan days, my first pair actually was a pair of grosby's with a fake air sole
laugh.gif
my first real rubber shoes was a pair of kevin johnson cons. then i tried allbrands for playing bbol but settled for JB for collecting. the mystique of the JB was the reason for my collection. iba ang feeling tlg pag naka jordanhahaha..masarap ang feeling pag kinocomplement ang shoes m. At first i tried to get all the shoes ng JB without the proper knowledge which is sayang pera. As igrew older in the shoe game i realized that quality will always be better than quanity. you can have all the melo's but nothing compares to a pair ofconcords. i love my little collection, i do wear them all.

I find the performance of the shoe when playing basketball so even what brand is have greatest performance i will buy it but now i think nike is the one havethe best performance shoes

I buy shoes that I never got the chance to buy growing up as the conditions were not yet favorable. I am a basketball player myself so I also buy kicks to usefor balling. I find myself not having a good rotation on my shoes though not coz it's to few or too many but coz I hardly really wear basketball orathletic shoes nowadays. 5-6 days a week, I am on casual leather shoes coz the job demands it and so there really isn't much of a chance for me to wear mykicks.

Bottomline, I love basketball, that's why I love kicks.....There you go, I said it LOL

same here! basketball, the 90's, goodtimes lol.. played basketball highschool-1st-2nd year college, when I banged my knee that was the time I reallystarted collecting seriously even though I can no longer play ball beacuse of the phobia and expenses(surgery, rehab etc.) the love for basketball will nevergo away and I guess shoes are a big part of it..

just like pareng Bong's reason, i buy sneakers that i use to dream of during the highschool days. i told myself before, "one day i can buy my ownshoes". of course, there's another purpose of copping them. its like gift to yourself especially when it comes to a very tiring and stressfull days ofwork. up to now, im using it for playing basketball especially in the company tournaments and city leagues.
happy.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 204)]it's the length of one day.
One Half.
One shot clock.
This number is my promise,
to dominate every moment

24[/color]

i was deprive of my chance to wear j's in the bulls era...mainly bec. i lack the money and connections.for the j's during this time was a pricey coppedand hard to find shoes, only in cash and carry and cartimar shops..will you see some j's no nike park present during those time...so imagine rockinthem..thats the OG days

basta naka-sale and affordable
laugh.gif
......hindi na kasi kaya ng budget ehhehe....i do have jordans from 1 to 23 but nothing really special and rare. basta nakumpleto ko lang.yung iba nabili ko at 60%off the original price
roll.gif
(my east XIX s.e.'s ,chutney XX's and stealth XXI p.e.'s)
roll.gif
i really miss the early days of shoe collecting....easy times and easy buying ofsome sort. tsaka yung mga classic and simple designs....sana noon nagkapera nako para nabili ko na lahat ng shoes na gusto ko
tired.gif
that is why i am in the hunt of buying the retroes for this year.specially withthat of the basketball kicks
smile.gif

THANKS RED

i got started when i bought a pair of AF1's on sale at defunct nike metro. Then i saw at PYS that it had heat, so it started there. But i also got kindajealous with my classmates before during hs when they were wearing J's and penny's. I also love basketball that's why i like bball shoes, but ialso love casual air max's because their nice to look at and comfortable as well

i remember when i was in grade 5 when i really liked the j6 infrared...my mother promised me to buy me a pair and when she got home, she bought me a pair ofcons
eyes.gif
instead so im very disappointed while some of my classmates wore jsand nikes...i was in college when i was able to cop retro 6 (for only 2,7++ @ sm manila sale)and wore it in a inter-org bball tournament and to some leagues...and now its all banged up(w8 til i post in in banged up kicks topic)
smile.gif
iba talaga pag naka jays ka...i dont know if its just me pero lahat napapansin at pati performance mo sa court maganda,hehe. but now i dont wear my js forbball kasi ang nakakahinayang...same to some nter here, the love 4 the game of bball kakambal ang love 4 kicks

Originally Posted by azhul23

i was deprive of my chance to wear j's in the bulls era...mainly bec. i lack the money and connections.for the j's during this time was a pricey copped and hard to find shoes, only in cash and carry and cartimar shops..will you see some j's no nike park present during those time...so imagine rockin them..thats the OG days

yeah, my dad would always bring us to cash and carry or cartimar to buy us shoes..i cant remember buying nikes or jordans in malls back then
happy.gif

True OG if you bought kicks in C n C and Cartimar during late 80's early 90's. Now it's all corporate with marketing, ads, n stuff.

Just the legacy that every shoe brings out, ya know? Every shoe is unique to its character, whether OGs or Retros. My 1st pair was a pair of OG IXs,white/black/red, when I was about three or four years old and I started learning to play and watch basketball. Since then it all came down to the love for thegame. I vividly remember when the XIs came out at Glorietta and I BEGGED my dad to buy me the pair but to no avail. But the next year, I got the XIIs as a bdaypresent. When the XI/XII package came out I wasn't lucky to get one, but to see other people with the same passion for shoes as I do was just astonishing,and spectacular.

Growing up in the Philippines probably influenced my love for shoes. We are a basketball crazed nation and I for one started getting hooked to basketball at 7years old rooting for Purefoods TJ Hotdogs when they first came to the league in '88. From there on basketball have been my passion, hobby, interest. Iremember buying some Kaypee Futura from COD in Cubao way back when almost all the PBA legends were endosrsinf the brand. You could say I was influenced to buythe shoes beacuse my idol, Alvin Patrimonio wore them to the games. From there on, I would always ask my parents to buy me Nike or Jordan basketball shoesbecause my basketball heroes wore them. And now i would collect mostly Jordan's for obvious reasons but also buy other brands that i like.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention, back in pinas, alam naman natin mahal ang presyo ng sapatos, sweret ka na kung 2 pairs ang rotation mo and i had 1 pair ofuptempos my whole HS hanggang 1st year college until nawasak na, kaya when i got here in the US, nagkatrabaho, i started collecting coz i had the funds to backup my love for sneakers without the hassle of begging my parents to buy me a pair.
laugh.gif

I see shoes as wearable artwork. I, being in the design field, appreciate the design and aesthetics of a shoe. The color combination and all that stuff. So mycollection are stuff that I really like, whether it be Nikes, Jordans, Ice Creams, Nike SBs and 6.0s, New Balances... My collection also includes some of theshoes that reminds me of the old times.. Penny 2, Air Tech Challenge, some Jordans, etc. So when I add something to my collection, I go for aesthetics andvalue of the shoe for me. Comfort and quality is a plus too.

No offense to anyone but I wont go buying Super Limited Exclusive (which are usually high in pricetags) shoes just for the sake of having Super LimitedExclusive shoes. If I buy Limited shoes that is expensive then I must really really really like it... design wise and comfort wise.

and since some are sharing childhood stories, hehe hear me out:

I used to beg my parents to buy me a pair of Jordans..but they didnt hahaha. My dad kinda felt bad for me, so he bought me Penny 2s during my 5th or 6thgrade... I loved the shoe so much that I used it in every sport, Running, Softball, Basketball, Volleyball.. haha, I also had the Cons React shoes with the Geltype thing on the sole, it was beautiful. I also borrowed my Dad's Reebok with the pump sa tongue.. I just used 3 socks para lang sumikip kasi malaki yungsize hahaha

I didn't come from a "well-off" family so during High School I didn't have much, 1 pair lang ata and then new pair nalang pag nasira na. Ialso remember borrowing my Uncle's Jordan 17.. cant remember if that was in High School or College. When I started earning my own money during college, Islowly started buying my own shoes... no Jordans yet because they were too expensive for me since Im only doing freelance graphic stuff, I started buying Dunksand Air Force 1s (a hip-hop head must have) and beat them to death... hehe 2k-3k lang yung price range for me

Then I got my first Job... Gametime! I dont have much yet in my collection, just a couple of shoes I like but Im still hunting.

wow......hehe galing!!!! i love your stories peepz!!!!keep it comin!!!!!i love this thread!!!!
smile.gif
what ever happened to Cash and Carry and Cartimar now? may nagbebenta pa ba nglegit and original nikes dun?just wondering though........i bought my concord xi's, taxi Xii's, white/red XIV's, columbia blue XV's and a pairof white/red presto cage in "Jon and Jim" sporting goods (hope i got the name right!) yun yung nasa dulo papuntang parking lot tapus pag bumili ka,naka-green plastic yung binili mo?hehe
laugh.gif
what ever happened to thatstore?from what i recall that was the biggest sporting goods store in C&C.daming shoes from Asics,Converse,Nike, Adidas and some apparels as well. itcaught me by suprise that they had the complete color line up of the And 1 desire Mids back in 2005..... tinalo pa nila yung And 1 stores na nasa mall. I alsoremember one member said that he considers C&C and cartimar as the "mecca" for shoes. marami ka kasing makikita dung kicks na wala samall....hehe...btw, Sir KC, Sir Rev et al......tanung ko lang....okay pa ba magnegosyo ng shoes?i mean kung ibabalik natin ang concept ng Cash and Carry andCartimar nun?good day guys!!!!!
smile.gif

THANKS RED

Originally Posted by bullsfan4life

I also remember one member said that he considers C&C and cartimar as the "mecca" for shoes. marami ka kasing makikita dung kicks na wala sa mall....hehe...
I miss Cash n Carry hehe never did buy shoes from the mall way back when I was a kid. The good ol days hehe
pimp.gif

mga kuya, the reasons i collect sneakers are first of all, love of the game, 2nd cuz of the players. i'm in to Jordans, Kobes and lebrons.
the feeling seeing them after you got out of work is really good. sometimes jus staring at them is nice. and for us sneakerheads it's worth every penny wespend for it.

Originally Posted by azhul23

i was deprive of my chance to wear j's in the bulls era...mainly bec. i lack the money and connections.for the j's during this time was a pricey copped and hard to find shoes, only in cash and carry and cartimar shops..will you see some j's no nike park present during those time...so imagine rockin them..thats the OG days

insufficientfunds before, thats why now, its time to get back on what i missed before......

Wearing a nice pair of sneakers makes me feel good. I don't know why? But it really does.
Pairing your kicks with your clothes makes it more better.
Iba yung feeling! Even buying a new pair of kicks with my last money... Feels good parin!
Hindi ako nanghihinayang basta shoes ang binili ko.
And when you reach home and you just sit down , light a cig and stare at your collection... It's priceless!
The feeling is priceless!
It's just like dreaming , wishing that you'll have one of those pairs that you really like... Searching the net and seeing other sneaker collectorspost pics with their kicks.
"Inggit na inggit ka na! And thinking of ways how to get 'em"
And that day comes that the shoes that you've been longing for are on your hands already , displayed in your room or display cabinets. PRICELESS!
That's why i love this hobby!
And what's good about it , My 5 year old kid loves Kobe so much that he idolizes him so much , we checkout Nike stores together , he tells me what kicks helike and what he does'nt and tells me that someday he'll own all my collections.
I'll pass on my collection someday to my kids.
It's fulfillment and an achievement for me!

Cheers to everyone!

for me it does not matter if the sneaker is named Jordan, Lebron or Kobe...

or sneaker is from Nike, Adidas or Reebok...

whether i buy sneakers for casual, basketball or tennis...

its about seeing the sneakers in the net/flesh and cannot resist but to buy it and use it

Back
Top Bottom