Relationship/girl help thread. Vol. semi long distance (Edit: Update on page 5)

Either suck it up for a year and stop being selfish, or move on to someone more available to you.

Why not allow her to sort out her debt within that years time before starting a family anyway?
Let her have that time and get things together. You plan on paying for it?
She doesn't have to be single in order to get what she needs done, she just needs a patient and reasonable significant other.
I want to smack you right now lol...Seriously.

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

Your GF of two months.... You're talking about her quitting her job....You're talking about starting a family.... Slow down. Take it slow, it'll figure itself out. She's a nice looking girl. 

cosign ( i cant see the pics though. im at work) but yea you're my age and you're talking about starting a family...slow down

Originally Posted by Bearcat23

Your GF of two months.... You're talking about her quitting her job....You're talking about starting a family.... Slow down. Take it slow, it'll figure itself out. She's a nice looking girl. 

cosign ( i cant see the pics though. im at work) but yea you're my age and you're talking about starting a family...slow down

I'm not trying to rush and create a family, but doesnt it make sense to be with a girl that you can see having your children at some point? What would be the point in being with a female that you cant see having your babies? Doesnt make sense.. It's logical thinking in my opinion. And I need yall to chill on calling me selfish. I could jump up and just make a decision without considering how she feels or giving her a choice and just leave her. WHAT IF she would be willing to find another job with the same company or something to make it work? I wouldnt know unles I ask. Also, dont forget I said that would be a last resort response. As in, the last thing I would do to try and save the relationship if it were going down hill. There's a lot of different perspectives you could look at things from, so let's not be judgemental.

I'm not trying to rush and create a family, but doesnt it make sense to be with a girl that you can see having your children at some point? What would be the point in being with a female that you cant see having your babies? Doesnt make sense.. It's logical thinking in my opinion. And I need yall to chill on calling me selfish. I could jump up and just make a decision without considering how she feels or giving her a choice and just leave her. WHAT IF she would be willing to find another job with the same company or something to make it work? I wouldnt know unles I ask. Also, dont forget I said that would be a last resort response. As in, the last thing I would do to try and save the relationship if it were going down hill. There's a lot of different perspectives you could look at things from, so let's not be judgemental.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

What would be the point in being with a female that you cant see having your babies? 

no disrespect, but that is female mentality.. you shouldn't be thinking that far ahead man.. atleast i dont. *shrug*

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

What would be the point in being with a female that you cant see having your babies? 

no disrespect, but that is female mentality.. you shouldn't be thinking that far ahead man.. atleast i dont. *shrug*

Originally Posted by proper english

ATLien Seeko wrote:

It's male mentality too. Fertility signs are a big part of what makes us attracted to the opposite sex. It's the reason we have sex, etc. When you boil it all down, that's what it comes to, self preservation. What's your reason for dating long term? Just to have someone around to waste your time, energy and money on?  

Originally Posted by proper english

ATLien Seeko wrote:

It's male mentality too. Fertility signs are a big part of what makes us attracted to the opposite sex. It's the reason we have sex, etc. When you boil it all down, that's what it comes to, self preservation. What's your reason for dating long term? Just to have someone around to waste your time, energy and money on?  

^ i just re-read your initial post.. didnt know youre (only) 23.. still young IMO, even if you are financially stable.. 
im saying this because i know so many
tired.gif
single parents (early/mid 20s) who thought they found their soulmate only to be (obviously) let down..
as for me.. i dont want to sound cliche and all.. but i just take it one day at a time, im in a serious relationship myself and starting a fam is probably the last thing on my mind. 

^ i just re-read your initial post.. didnt know youre (only) 23.. still young IMO, even if you are financially stable.. 
im saying this because i know so many
tired.gif
single parents (early/mid 20s) who thought they found their soulmate only to be (obviously) let down..
as for me.. i dont want to sound cliche and all.. but i just take it one day at a time, im in a serious relationship myself and starting a fam is probably the last thing on my mind. 

Ah yes, you're the lucky man who got his gf cooking all those delicious recipes up, making NT'ers like me Jelly, haha.
But for the serious response. I've never dated a flight attendant before but I've had enough LDR experience under my belt to understand where you're coming from. First off, from your story she just got her certification to become a flight attendant. Meaning she invested so much time, money and effort to get to where she's financially stable, which is a good thing. However, which you are already aware the timing for her availability can vary depending on how busy her airline could be and etc.

Now I'm not one to pry or assume out of relationships but it looks like she's treating you good and hasn't given you a reason (or motivation rather) to leave.  So you can also be sure she's probably open to working things out. And as some people have already implied it's only 1 YEAR and despite your lack of seeing her, if you want to make things work you gotta compromise and be ready in all aspects (emotionally, physically and etc.) to deal with the lack of presence your partner may have. On the flipside, it is a lot to ask for in a person given the relationship is fresh and the foundation just started building. I think the first thing you should do despite entertaining NT's interest is to talk to her about how you feel. Don't mention about immediately quitting her job but do tell her that it concerns you and if she's real good (and not heartless) do imply it may cause a rift given the lack of time spent on one another. And besides, it's only 2 MONTHS so... definitely take a bit slow you seem to be getting a little easy on the acceleration paddle there.

If you haven't already established being on the same page and same wavelength of the duration of the relationship... now is the best time. Otherwise, you (or her) will be left dangling in the air and someone's bound to get hurt or misunderstood. Good luck OP.

Ah yes, you're the lucky man who got his gf cooking all those delicious recipes up, making NT'ers like me Jelly, haha.
But for the serious response. I've never dated a flight attendant before but I've had enough LDR experience under my belt to understand where you're coming from. First off, from your story she just got her certification to become a flight attendant. Meaning she invested so much time, money and effort to get to where she's financially stable, which is a good thing. However, which you are already aware the timing for her availability can vary depending on how busy her airline could be and etc.

Now I'm not one to pry or assume out of relationships but it looks like she's treating you good and hasn't given you a reason (or motivation rather) to leave.  So you can also be sure she's probably open to working things out. And as some people have already implied it's only 1 YEAR and despite your lack of seeing her, if you want to make things work you gotta compromise and be ready in all aspects (emotionally, physically and etc.) to deal with the lack of presence your partner may have. On the flipside, it is a lot to ask for in a person given the relationship is fresh and the foundation just started building. I think the first thing you should do despite entertaining NT's interest is to talk to her about how you feel. Don't mention about immediately quitting her job but do tell her that it concerns you and if she's real good (and not heartless) do imply it may cause a rift given the lack of time spent on one another. And besides, it's only 2 MONTHS so... definitely take a bit slow you seem to be getting a little easy on the acceleration paddle there.

If you haven't already established being on the same page and same wavelength of the duration of the relationship... now is the best time. Otherwise, you (or her) will be left dangling in the air and someone's bound to get hurt or misunderstood. Good luck OP.

she's a gonna be a flight attendant. You'd better get used to her being away from you for long periods of time.

she's a gonna be a flight attendant. You'd better get used to her being away from you for long periods of time.

It is what it is.

You either take it or leave it. Walk into a life where you know your girl is going to be away for days, even weeks at a time, but when she's home it's total bliss or give it up. There's no other solution. A hand has been dealt to you.

Hold, fold, walk away or run.

The good thing is that it's only been two months. The bad thing is that it's only been two months. It is to be noted that technology has made it loads easier for those in LDR to deal and cope and make it work. Look into those alternatives.

It is what it is.

You either take it or leave it. Walk into a life where you know your girl is going to be away for days, even weeks at a time, but when she's home it's total bliss or give it up. There's no other solution. A hand has been dealt to you.

Hold, fold, walk away or run.

The good thing is that it's only been two months. The bad thing is that it's only been two months. It is to be noted that technology has made it loads easier for those in LDR to deal and cope and make it work. Look into those alternatives.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

true

chick could live a another life ud never know about OP.....

if she wanted too....

true

if she wanted too....

Originally Posted by Al Audi

true

if she wanted too....

So could I. That has already been considered. I trust her until she gives me a reason not to.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

true

if she wanted too....

So could I. That has already been considered. I trust her until she gives me a reason not to.

Back
Top Bottom