RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Joey has a crew, Pro Era. And he's signed to Cinematic. That's an outside source. TDE is from the dirt, Top signed them dudes from the very beginning where as Joey aligned himself with Cinematic.

YG made a better album than Q and Soul. Soul is more lyrically talented but hip hop is MUSIC, and YG made a better product. Q is a drug addict and his album reflects the randomness of his thought process, which ranged from genius to ******. Jay Rock has been the 2nd best artist out of TDE, he may not be as entertaining as Q or as lyrically gifted as Soul but his music thus far has been better. He's just flown under he radar.

French is garbage no matter where he's from. The Bronx stopped contributing to hip-hop the day Pun passed. South Dakota will produce a great MC before the Bronx does.

Boosie is the down south Pac, I'm personally not into his music but I've heard things I feel. Just coming from the life I live, it's more relatable to me then French and his Forest Gump brand of rap. Boosie is much more talented than French and he's takin his art further without 10 cosigns. French Montana will not be remembered in the grand scheme of hip-hop, and since the south will probably author the last 20 years, Boosie will most definitely be in there. And his music will last much longer then nonsense like "I Aint Worried Bout Nothin".

Who from Pro Era put out a album besides Joey :lol: Cinematic is an indie label. Wouldn't you say DZA and Krit are indie?

Nobody would talk about TDE if it wasn't for Kendrick and the Dre co-sign. And hell it hasn't rubbed off on any of the artist.

Jay Rock is a boring average emcee with no voice inflection.

Boosie is a down south Pac. :rofl:

and I agree with nothing else you said

Max B been in prison for how long? I'm supposed to respect French for music he was featured on how many years ago?

Y'all on some divide and conquer ****, give YG his props. Give Boosie his props. Cause they not from NY?

Ice Cube talked about this in the 90s

2 rappers died (Big L is from NaS/BIG/Jay-Z generation).
And Max B went to jail.

NY will hate on Future, Fetty, Kirko but salute Max B? FOH.

And pardon me for holding OUR city to quality standards. Let's salute French cause he's talentless and from the BX

This is such ******** :lol:

I'm not the biggest Max B fan and I think he's overrated by Dipset stans, but you could understand what he was saying.

You like a lot of mediocre and garbage rappers, but seemed to have convinced yourself others are hating and aren't giving them credit. The difference nobody listening to Troy Ave or French thinks he's a great rapper.

The days of NY running rap are over, which isn't a bad thing. Hip Hop is universal and every region has a stake in the game.

Does Memphis run the Blues game anymore?

Does New Orleans run the Jazz game?

Does Nashville run the Country game?

Once an art form becomes part of the mainstream society, it will be very difficult for one region to monopolize the talent.

I was born and bred on NY style hip hop, going back to LL and Run DMC. But I appreciate the diversity of the art form, not wishing that NY still had a lock on it.

Pretty much this

Nobody would talk about TDE? So 'Section80' and 'Habits & Contradictions' didn't create a buzz on their own? They earned the cosign the old fashioned way, hard work, talent and GOOD MUSIC.

KRIT is signed to Def Jam as well.

This is such ******** :lol:

I'm not the biggest Max B fan and I think he's overrated by Dipset stans, but you could understand what he was saying.

You like a lot of mediocre and garbage rappers, but seemed to have convinced yourself others are hating and aren't giving them credit. The difference nobody listening to Troy Ave or French thinks he's a great rapper.
Pretty much this
Don't recall referring to ANYone as a "great" rapper. YG made a GREAT album and that's more important in the grand scheme of things. Troy Ave and French don't make good music, plain and simple.

And it further proves the point that NY is done and lacks talent. You guys are bringing up French ******* Montana. Troy Ave. And a mediocre sometimes rapper that hasn't been free this decade, Max B.

None of these guys are even under 30 or talented. And that's what I'm saying, those dudes suck, they're typical NY mixtape "rappers" (I use that term loosely).

Biggin up Max B like y'all put $5 on his commissary. FOH.

Don't recall referring to ANYone as a "great" rapper. YG made a GREAT album and that's more important in the grand scheme of things. Troy Ave and French don't make good music, plain and simple.

And it further proves the point that NY is done and lacks talent. You guys are bringing up French ******* Montana. Troy Ave. And a mediocre sometimes rapper that hasn't been free this decade, Max B.

None of these guys are even under 30 or talented. And that's what I'm saying, those dudes suck, they're typical NY mixtape "rappers" (I use that term loosely).

Biggin up Max B like y'all put $5 on his commissary. FOH.

Troy and French have made good songs, same as YG. None are them are good rappers.

And YG nor Jay Rock's albums were good.

Stop giving your opinion as fact

YG has a critically acclaimed album bruh, it's not just somebody's opinion. Look up the reviews.

Jay Rock as well.

YG's album was very very good. Not calling it a classic. That word gets thrown around way too much these days

Zombies
Dave East
Joey Badass
Rocky
Ferg
Underachievers
Retch

Are all young "underground" artist I'll stack up against any other regions. It seems like your downplaying our artist because NYC doesn't have a "distinct sound" anymore but that's not our fault. Mainstream rap is all ******** watered down trap that talk about the same 3 topics. Harry Fraud is one of the best producers in the game but can't sniff the radio cause his sound is not trap. Can't believe u over here acting like what the masses are listening to is actually good :lol:

Now compare that list to the countless other hip hop artists that have come out from the south, west, and mid west. It's no comparison really.

Mainstream didn't kill NYC hip hop :lol:

YG's album was very good. Magic, you actually listen to it?

I think some people can't wrap their heads around an artist like YG making a good album.

South got so much talent man. It's crazy. Dave East is dope too though. NY needs to re-invent it's own sound. Not go back to the classic sound..but come up with something new and refreshing like the West Coast and South did...even the Midwest contributed Drill music lately.

NY artist are either stuck trying to rap like Its 95, or Jacking every regions sound and trying to remix it. This is part of the reason they are failing.

West Coast: Mustard & Bay sound
Mid West: Drill
South: Trap & Dabbin

Canada even has its own sound that it jacked from Houston and remixed :smh:.

Baltimore is up next though. Seriously. I used to always say dudes in my city are TERRIBLE at rapping...but some young dudes are on the come up and got potential.

I can legit say I never even heard a single Max B song.

Go listen to Paperwork, City with No H0s, and see the wave.

Matter fact, go listen to the whole Public Domain 3 :pimp:

I'd say the Quarantine tape (with I think is his best), and both Members of Byrdgang tapes.

Will check out Dave East sometime. I keep seeing his name pop up on different sites and his stuff being spotlighted.

Back
Top Bottom