Rowdy group of eight "AG" women stab Manhattan subway rider after he makes wisecrack

A 63-year-old Vietnam veteran from Queens was stabbed on a Manhattan subway train Sunday after making a sarcastic comment about a rowdy gang of eight girls and young women, cops said.

Ralph Carnegary tangled with the raucous riders as their downtown-bound 6 train neared the 23rd St. station about 6 a.m, officials said.

Carnegary, who lives in a veterans shelter in Long Island City, was on his way to work as a souvenir vendor on Wall St. “I couldn’t identify the girl who stabbed me. All my attention was on the knife coming at me,” Carnegary told the Daily News Sunday night.

He said the girls turned on him after they overheard him talking to his friend, James Santiago, about how noisy they were.

“I just said, ‘Those girls must be ******ed because they can’t hear each other talk,’” Carnegary recalled

Within a second after he made the crack, the obnoxious gals, whose ages range from 15 to 20, went berserk and started pummeling Carnegary with their fists.

He was trying to get one to calm down, when he heard another girl yell, “Go for him” and a third girl say, “Cut him.”

“I didn’t think they were actually going to knife me,” he said.

Santiago, who also lives in the shelter, said he struggled to pull the girls off Carnegary.

“I feel like I owe my life to this guy right here,” Carnegary said of Santiago.

One of his attackers plunged a knife into Carnegary’s left shoulder that required seven stitches at Bellevue Hospital.

“It’s terrible,” said his outraged wife, Connie Carnegary, 50. She lives separately from her husband in East New York, Brooklyn, but said the couple is hoping to find housing together soon.

“You can’t even ride the train. You can’t even go to work in the morning.”

The wild group was taken into custody at the station, where a knife was recovered. All are charged with gang assault, assault, menacing, rioting, criminal possession of a weapon and disorderly conduct.

Police arrested Shanice Brown, 20; Kimberly Molina, 20; Starmeik Driggins, 19, and Sheyla Figueroa, 18, all of Brooklyn; Martha Bermudez, 17, and Sha-steva Burdos, 17, both of Queens, and Michelle Rodriguez, 19, of the Bronx.

A 15-year-old Queens girl was also arrested, but her name was not released because she is a juvenile.

As the shameless suspects were led out of the Union Square transit police station Sunday evening, they unleashed an obscene tirade.

Several of them flashed gang signs, flipped their middle fingers at photographers and shouted curses. Others hid their faces in shame.

dcsnq0.jpg

290pmiv.jpg

1f86o.jpg

2dq1wz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom