Sacramento Kings off-season thread

I'm pretty sure that the rail yards is the only site that the MLS is looking into

nah b, :lol: elk grove trying to steal our thunder though

Former assemblyman Nunez is leading their efforts. he has strong ties and sits as one of the board of directors for the US soccer federation :smh:

I'm pretty sure that the rail yards is the only site that the MLS is looking into
nah b,
laugh.gif
elk grove trying to steal our thunder though

Former assemblyman Nunez is leading their efforts. he has strong ties and sits as one of the board of directors for the US soccer federation
mean.gif
About Elk Grove...... realtalk, I'm friends with the play by play guy for the team and he says the MLS considers the EG idea a non-starter. 

What they're doing there is a huge waste of time/money/assets, and if anything just weakens our solidarity as a community.

The MLS as already stated they want new stadiums in urban environments. It doesn't get less urban than Elk Grove. Elk Grove has a 0% shot .

The MLS as already stated they want new stadiums in urban environments. It doesn't get less urban than Elk Grove. Elk Grove has a 0% shot .

if they have 0% chance then why would execs visit EG :lol:. their chances are slim but not zero. Dark horse for sure

I'd go with Minneapolis, Las Vegas and San Antonio before Elk Grove :lol: out of the cities competing for an expansion team

I was merely replying to the "I'm pretty sure that the rail yards is the only site that the MLS is looking into" comment and stated that they are touring EG and their site as well during the MLS execs visit today and tomorrow

rck3sactown rck3sactown after the republic smashes EG in the bid for an MLS team. EG is turning their potential stadium site to a sports and rec area to host their youth soccer teams and tourneys. which is what they are fit for :lol:

Also why haven't we gone to a Rep FC match rck3sactown rck3sactown , they have a VIP section for all you can drink and eat. :lol: I'd go ham on the beer and cocktails. my close buddy's cousin does that event management for them.

Last edited:
I read some tweets that said they were only checking the rail yards site, and not EG. Don't know how legit that is though.
I feel like we prob read the same thing, those tweets came out right around the time the MLS ASG and Elk Grove purchasing that plot of land

I could have sworn I heard the MLS brass was only checking out the railyards site on this trip?
they're stopping by EG..

MLS execs partying up later tonight in mid-town though
laugh.gif
Hopefully they stay far away from Press Club and Zebra Club

I feel like we prob read the same thing, those tweets came out right around the time the MLS ASG and Elk Grove purchasing that plot of land

Hopefully they stay far away from Press Club and Zebra Club

in late August, MLS confirmed they'll visit EG during their tour of the sac region to exlpore our region for an expansion team. Unless something has changed recently i think EG is in their itinerary

someone posted this in the sac thread

http://www.sacrepublicfc.com/event/playoff-block-party/

how about that Hollins signing? :nerd:

I don't see why the MLS would want to be in Elk Grove. This is no knock to Elk Grove but it's not a downtown metro area, it's not urban, and the proximity to the airport is much lengthier than being at the railyards.

I really hope Sac/EG gets an MLS team though. Are there still talks about taking Chivas out of MLS's hands and moving them? Or are these talks purely for an expansion team?
Purely expansion now.... Vegas has more or less faded to the background, outside of Beckham's name Miami has nothing going on for them..... Minnesota would be sharing the new stadium with the Vikings, the MLS is looking for soccer specific facilities...

all in all, I like our chances; especially with the synergy we got going with our local government, ownership, and the rail yard deal.

the MLS is now all in on Chivas staying in LA and getting them to build their own stadium...... a change in ownership for the club is sorely needed, kinda shocked Ballmer or anybody else in LA hasn't purchased them yet.

Smh @ all the EG slander in here :lol:

EG about that soccer life tho. Can't go 2 or 3 blocks without seeing a soccer field and youths playing soccer.

Sessions is a solid signing.......

I would like it more if it didn't seem like we were ready to make Ray into a contributing rotation player.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom