School me on the Military

one of my cousins friend was back from the army he was telling me ohh we had to do so much and all that bs, i told him aghh its not as bad as the marines. hekept on saying the marines have it easy they don't do half the stuff the army does. of course i disagree because my close friend brother is in the marinesand he told me stories about a dude shooting himself on the leg so he can get out of the marines. not only that he tells me that ARMY stands for ain'tready for the marines yet. So can anyone tell me which one is more tough?

laugh.gif
this thread is foolish. depending where you're deployed all ground warfare specializations can be hell.

Tell your friend to go get himself a clue ....

Marines in nature are tougher, not to say there aren't many soldiers that are stronger and bigger than Marines. But when it comes to the overall aspect ofthe Military, Tradition, Regulations, etc ... The Marines have no challengers. We run long, shoot further, our uniforms by far are the best - the silent drillteam eats any drill team our Marksmanship by far is superior etc etc ...

All this counts for nothing because when we are in country - We all have one objective and we have to work well together. We do the same patrols, same enemies,same areas, same everything. So with that said - when we fighting the enemies we are the 1st one in, but the Army follows right behind - Once we are in thearea we all do the same %!+*!

When we in the states well thats another story Marines although dumb and slow like many people say > every other branch

I'm bias look at my sig - P.S. Unless you are in the Military you can say jack because this is a friendly military rivalry ...

yeah it depends on where you are at in combat. im in the corps and two months into iraq we had a guy with us that shot hisself in the leg and then tried to saythere was a sniper. he did it on purpose to get out of country we now know cause he recently popped on a piss test and admitted to it. real scumbag, sergeanttoo. but the road to becoming a marine is def tougher than the road to being in the army. hooah.
grin.gif

Army brat and hopefully future Jag officer checkingn in. I actually was just wondering how much they make.

rangers lead the way. lmfao.... uniform does draw attention though for all the good reasons

Marines, the NAVY's little sister's. It's something my father used to tell me when he was enlisted, now It's something that I always remember,now that I've been 6 years already.

Originally Posted by bronxstreets

Marines dont got nothing on Army Rangers.......now i would join the Marines for that uniform tho

I wish you read the part that said .. If you aint in the Miliraty dont bother to comment .. because you sound very stupid right about now ...

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Marines in nature are tougher, not to say there aren't many soldiers that are stronger and bigger than Marines. But when it comes to the overall aspect of the Military, Tradition, Regulations, etc ... The Marines have no challengers. We run long, shoot further, our uniforms by far are the best - the silent drill team eats any drill team our Marksmanship by far is superior etc etc ...

All this counts for nothing because when we are in country - We all have one objective and we have to work well together. We do the same patrols, same enemies, same areas, same everything. So with that said - when we fighting the enemies we are the 1st one in, but the Army follows right behind - Once we are in the area we all do the same %!+*!

When we in the states well thats another story Marines although dumb and slow like many people say > every other branch

I'm bias look at my sig - P.S. Unless you are in the Military you can say jack because this is a friendly military rivalry ...
FIRST TO FIGHT! This man speaks the truth. I was in the Marines for six years. I'm glad I'm out now, but if I had to doit all over again, I damn sure would. Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine. As stated earlier, we have the best uniforms hands down, as in there is no question. Youhave NO IDEA how much attention you get/will get in your Blues, especially if you are somewhere where civillians are present.
pimp.gif
If you are pondering on any branch to join, join us. They all will make you aman, but the Marines will make you a man
faster. Carry on.

Originally Posted by etorres03

Marines, the NAVY's little sister's. It's something my father used to tell me when he was enlisted, now It's something that I always remember, now that I've been 6 years already.
Someone told me that a couple weeks ago, but how are you enjoying the navy?

heh Air Force constantly gets the low end of the stick. they're best known for flying the president around.

Originally Posted by Greezee

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Marines in nature are tougher, not to say there aren't many soldiers that are stronger and bigger than Marines. But when it comes to the overall aspect of the Military, Tradition, Regulations, etc ... The Marines have no challengers. We run long, shoot further, our uniforms by far are the best - the silent drill team eats any drill team our Marksmanship by far is superior etc etc ...

All this counts for nothing because when we are in country - We all have one objective and we have to work well together. We do the same patrols, same enemies, same areas, same everything. So with that said - when we fighting the enemies we are the 1st one in, but the Army follows right behind - Once we are in the area we all do the same %!+*!

FIRST TO FIGHT! This man speaks the truth. I was in the Marines for six years. I'm glad I'm out now, but if I had to do it all over again, I damn sure would. Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine. As stated earlier, we have the best uniforms hands down, as in there is no question. You have NO IDEA how much attention you get/will get in your Blues, especially if you are somewhere where civillians are present.
pimp.gif
If you are pondering on any branch to join, join us. They all will make you a man, but the Marines will make you a man
faster. Carry on.
Yea I am in the Corp as well and I am about to commission real soon. But one of the biggest things as well is the comradery we have its like noother.

8 year Marine Corps vet checking in. My fam has been involved in all branches of the military. My little bro is also Army infantry and he says it is a jokecompared to the Marines. Also don't forget Marines instruct the elite of the country from federal agents/police to Navy SEALS. Semper Fidelis!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Future Navy Seal Checking in [/color]
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Difference between the big three is you'll spend the most time away from the states in the Navy.They are ready to deploy at anytime, can be anywhere within 24hours, and hit a target anywhere around the world at any given moment.

[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army and Marines are essentially thesame, but the Army isn't as mobile seeing as how the Marines are in the Navy Department and are transported by ship.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army guys dislike Marines because supposedly Marines are "gung-ho"(Semper Fidelis[/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]), because they carry on the tradition of every marine is a rifleman first. Marine physical fitness requirmentsare also more gruelling than the Army. There's a reason why the Marines are the first in, the last out, and labeled as crazy +$@ people. They are thePresident's guard and they have a long tradition. They are currently beefing up their numbers to new heights, so it would be easy to enlist or gain accessto the officer's program(recommend it, if you can get into school)

Like they say, Marines never die, they just go to hell and regroup
laugh.gif

and the deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle
happy.gif

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Air Force *aka* chairforce, although they do get paid pretty well and help out a lot with groundsupport, has better housing, meals, MOS transferrable jobs. If I were to do it all over again, I'd enlist in the Air Force...

on second thought, nah I'll stick with my Seal goals(or possible changeover to Marines)
pimp.gif

You can't go wrong with all three, because we all take that oath and serve something bigger than us.
grin.gif

[/color]

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Future Navy Seal Checking in[/color]
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Difference between the big three is you'll spend the most time away from the states in the Navy. They are ready to deploy at anytime, can be anywhere within 24hours, and hit a target anywhere around the world at any given moment.

[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army and Marines are essentially the same, but the Army isn't as mobile seeing as how the they are in the Navy Department and are transported by ship.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army guys dislike Marines because supposedly Marines are "gung-ho"(Semper Fidelis[/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]), because they carry on the tradition of every marine is a rifleman first. Marine physical fitness requirments are also more gruelling than the Army. There's a reason why the Marines are the first in, the last out, and labeled as crazy @@# people. They are the President's guard and they have a long tradition. They are currently beefing up their numbers to new heights, so it would be easy to enlist or gain access to the officer's program(recommend it, if you can get into school)

laugh.gif

happy.gif

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Air Force *aka* chairforce, although they do get paid pretty well and help out a lot with ground support, has better housing, meals, MOS transferrable jobs. If I were to do it all over again, I'd enlist in the Air Force...

on second thought, nah I'll stick with my Seal goals(or possible changeover to Marines)
pimp.gif

You can't go wrong with all three, because we all take that oath and serve something bigger than us.
grin.gif

[/color]
A SEAL huh, that is whats up. You knew anyone that went through all that training.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Future Navy Seal Checking in[/color]
nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Difference between the big three is you'll spend the most time away from the states in the Navy. They are ready to deploy at anytime, can be anywhere within 24hours, and hit a target anywhere around the world at any given moment.

[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Army and Marines are essentially the same, but the Army isn't as mobile seeing as how the they are in the Navy Department and are transported by ship.[/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]), because they carry on the tradition of every marine is a rifleman first. Marine physical fitness requirments are also more gruelling than the Army. There's a reason why the Marines are the first in, the last out, and labeled as crazy @@# people. They are the President's guard and they have a long tradition. They are currently beefing up their numbers to new heights, so it would be easy to enlist or gain access to the officer's program(recommend it, if you can get into school)

laugh.gif

happy.gif

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Air Force *aka* chairforce, although they do get paid pretty well and help out a lot with ground support, has better housing, meals, MOS transferrable jobs. If I were to do it all over again, I'd enlist in the Air Force...

pimp.gif

grin.gif

[/color]
A SEAL huh, that is whats up. You knew anyone that went through all that training.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My brother..having an entire family in the Navy ftw/ftl[/color]

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

It's played out. *@!# was hot a few years ago.
This was so ignorant i couldnt help but laugh.
roll.gif

MOS is the most important thing when it comes to goin into any branch of service in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom