Scottie Pippen Appreciation (2010 Basketball HOF Inductee + Own Statue)

^Damn that is a very good PS. I mean the comparison is stupid but the PS job is on point. At him smiling though
laugh.gif

maan pip was the goat (not literally)

best defensive player ever (sorry bill russell)

and he could go for 30 on any nite

he could post up. he had jump hooks,turn arounds

he had bank shots

he had mid range

he could hit the three

he could get to the hole whenever he wanted.   he was one of the best at getting to the basket.

he could get to the free throw line

he could handle the ball and be a point guard

he basically could do everything

look at the range of players he could defend and did defend from time to time,during the bulls runs

magic johnson,charles barkley,penny hardaway,shawn kemp,karl malone,mark jackson,chris webber,juwon howard

all were different types of players and he could guard them all effectively

pimp.gif

maan pip was the goat (not literally)

best defensive player ever (sorry bill russell)

and he could go for 30 on any nite

he could post up. he had jump hooks,turn arounds

he had bank shots

he had mid range

he could hit the three

he could get to the hole whenever he wanted.   he was one of the best at getting to the basket.

he could get to the free throw line

he could handle the ball and be a point guard

he basically could do everything

look at the range of players he could defend and did defend from time to time,during the bulls runs

magic johnson,charles barkley,penny hardaway,shawn kemp,karl malone,mark jackson,chris webber,juwon howard

all were different types of players and he could guard them all effectively

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Deff Appreciated. I just wish i coulda grown up during his and MJs prime. All i saw was the old wizards player, and that old guy from trailblazers
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Deff Appreciated. I just wish i coulda grown up during his and MJs prime. All i saw was the old wizards player, and that old guy from trailblazers
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Let's not get carried away now. Greatest defensive player of all time? Nah.

Maybe not best defensive player of all time because interior defenders are more valuable...but he's def the best perimeter defender in the last 30 yrs

Maybe not best defensive player of all time because interior defenders are more valuable...but he's def the best perimeter defender in the last 30 yrs

i was watching the '97 draft. supposedly, the bulls were gonna trade pippen to the sixers for van horn and some other players until jordan called in and threatened to retire.

i was watching the '97 draft. supposedly, the bulls were gonna trade pippen to the sixers for van horn and some other players until jordan called in and threatened to retire.

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Pippen was probably better than Sidney Moncreif and Michael Cooper , but I doubt he was clearly better than Bobby Jones

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Pippen was probably better than Sidney Moncreif and Michael Cooper , but I doubt he was clearly better than Bobby Jones

I love that highlight video - it goes so well with the music.

The only thing is doesn't show is his passing ability - he was an excellent passer as well as all the other things.

His length was amazing too - that and the size of his hands made it much easier to do a lot of things he did - particularly on defense. I remember that Orlando series (think it was the 96 Eastern finals) where Penny described it as trying to dribble in mud - Pip had just harassed him the whole game.

I love that highlight video - it goes so well with the music.

The only thing is doesn't show is his passing ability - he was an excellent passer as well as all the other things.

His length was amazing too - that and the size of his hands made it much easier to do a lot of things he did - particularly on defense. I remember that Orlando series (think it was the 96 Eastern finals) where Penny described it as trying to dribble in mud - Pip had just harassed him the whole game.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

BlowDaWhistle wrote:

bijald0331 wrote:

Yea, I have Hakeem ahead Scottie off the top of my head. Not saying Scottie isn't in the Pantheon of defenders; he just isn't the GOAT.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

BlowDaWhistle wrote:

bijald0331 wrote:

Yea, I have Hakeem ahead Scottie off the top of my head. Not saying Scottie isn't in the Pantheon of defenders; he just isn't the GOAT.

I can't believe they compared Shawn Marion to Scottie Pippen, when Marion couldn't run an offense of a high-school team, let alone NBA.

I can't believe they compared Shawn Marion to Scottie Pippen, when Marion couldn't run an offense of a high-school team, let alone NBA.

my 2nd favorite player of all-time - behind of course, MJ.

I'm so thankful I got to see Mike & Scottie in their primes.

Pippen was the perfect player to go along with MJ. He could do it all. A player w/that height who was running Phil's triangle to perfection. Second coming of Magic but w/HOF Defense. Whoever the Bulls played, Scottie was the one defending their best player - not MJ (although MJ was an amazing defender too.) Those 2 along w/Rodman were so fun to watch. That 72-10 team will go down as the best team in the history of the NBA, I really don't think anyone will beat that record, that team was just too good.

Man I miss 90's bball. Always will be my era of bball
pimp.gif

my 2nd favorite player of all-time - behind of course, MJ.

I'm so thankful I got to see Mike & Scottie in their primes.

Pippen was the perfect player to go along with MJ. He could do it all. A player w/that height who was running Phil's triangle to perfection. Second coming of Magic but w/HOF Defense. Whoever the Bulls played, Scottie was the one defending their best player - not MJ (although MJ was an amazing defender too.) Those 2 along w/Rodman were so fun to watch. That 72-10 team will go down as the best team in the history of the NBA, I really don't think anyone will beat that record, that team was just too good.

Man I miss 90's bball. Always will be my era of bball
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom