Scottie Pippen Appreciation (2010 Basketball HOF Inductee + Own Statue)

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

my 2nd favorite player of all-time - behind of course, MJ.

I'm so thankful I got to see Mike & Scottie in their primes.

Pippen was the perfect player to go along with MJ. He could do it all. A player w/that height who was running Phil's triangle to perfection. Second coming of Magic but w/HOF Defense. Whoever the Bulls played, Scottie was the one defending their best player - not MJ (although MJ was an amazing defender too.) Those 2 along w/Rodman were so fun to watch. That 72-10 team will go down as the best team in the history of the NBA, I really don't think anyone will beat that record, that team was just too good.

Man I miss 90's bball. Always will be my era of bball
pimp.gif
90's ball.

Grant Hill
David Robinson
Charles Barkley
Glen Rice
Mitch Richmond
Penny & Young Shaq
Hakeem
Ewing
Alonzo & Tim Hardaway
Reggie Miller
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

my 2nd favorite player of all-time - behind of course, MJ.

I'm so thankful I got to see Mike & Scottie in their primes.

Pippen was the perfect player to go along with MJ. He could do it all. A player w/that height who was running Phil's triangle to perfection. Second coming of Magic but w/HOF Defense. Whoever the Bulls played, Scottie was the one defending their best player - not MJ (although MJ was an amazing defender too.) Those 2 along w/Rodman were so fun to watch. That 72-10 team will go down as the best team in the history of the NBA, I really don't think anyone will beat that record, that team was just too good.

Man I miss 90's bball. Always will be my era of bball
pimp.gif
90's ball.

Grant Hill
David Robinson
Charles Barkley
Glen Rice
Mitch Richmond
Penny & Young Shaq
Hakeem
Ewing
Alonzo & Tim Hardaway
Reggie Miller
pimp.gif

$%** having small hands, Pippen had the biggest, longest, most ugliest hands I've ever seen. Joints was beautiful 

$%** having small hands, Pippen had the biggest, longest, most ugliest hands I've ever seen. Joints was beautiful 

Scottie
pimp.gif

I was ecstatic when the Blazers picked him up.

When I think defense, I think of him and the glove. Yeah, who cares if I'm being bias.

Scottie
pimp.gif

I was ecstatic when the Blazers picked him up.

When I think defense, I think of him and the glove. Yeah, who cares if I'm being bias.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

Pippen was one of the greatest in-game dunkers ever. He'd dunk on anyone. Everyone loves the "Over Ewing" dunk in the playoffs, and it's nice, but I have a different favorite. Jordan's 55 point game is a goldmine, but buried in that goldmine is a Scottie Pippen jewel:

Starks shoots a shot from the corner, and Pippen immediately sprints down the sideline. Weak-side rebound to Blount. Perfect baseball pass to Pippen in stride. One dribble. Two. Step. Step. Launches from 3 hashes up outside the key, off one foot. Charles Smith comes over, leaps.

Pippen jackhammers that ++!@ right in Smith's face.

Love it. Every time I watch that game again I'm looking at that play at least 5 times before moving on.

My man
pimp.gif
.  I swear I was the only person who remembers this dunk and how disgusting it was.  I used to have the game on tape and I'd do the same thing, rewind that +*%%$ over and over. 

As far as Pip goes, for anyone who doesn't realize or appreciate how good he was, sucks for you.  Top 5 overall athlete ever to play the game hands down.  His game was so smooth and he made every thing on the court look so easy. 

heres Oak on a radio show talking about how nice Pippen was and even puts the host in his place when he tries to stunt and say Pip was over rated
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347  scroll down to 6/3/2010

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

Pippen was one of the greatest in-game dunkers ever. He'd dunk on anyone. Everyone loves the "Over Ewing" dunk in the playoffs, and it's nice, but I have a different favorite. Jordan's 55 point game is a goldmine, but buried in that goldmine is a Scottie Pippen jewel:

Starks shoots a shot from the corner, and Pippen immediately sprints down the sideline. Weak-side rebound to Blount. Perfect baseball pass to Pippen in stride. One dribble. Two. Step. Step. Launches from 3 hashes up outside the key, off one foot. Charles Smith comes over, leaps.

Pippen jackhammers that ++!@ right in Smith's face.

Love it. Every time I watch that game again I'm looking at that play at least 5 times before moving on.

My man
pimp.gif
.  I swear I was the only person who remembers this dunk and how disgusting it was.  I used to have the game on tape and I'd do the same thing, rewind that +*%%$ over and over. 

As far as Pip goes, for anyone who doesn't realize or appreciate how good he was, sucks for you.  Top 5 overall athlete ever to play the game hands down.  His game was so smooth and he made every thing on the court look so easy. 

heres Oak on a radio show talking about how nice Pippen was and even puts the host in his place when he tries to stunt and say Pip was over rated
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347  scroll down to 6/3/2010

For magikmike...
pimp.gif

And I was wrong...it was only one dribble. And three steps.
laugh.gif

Watching Pippen play was like watching a deer running through a field, as corny as that sounds. Dude was just fluid in all his movements. I can't really think of anyone I could compare him to. I look at Kobe, and if I take my glasses off he's pretty similar to Jordan. Same moves, etc. But who reminds you most of Pippen? Can't think of anyone myself...

For magikmike...
pimp.gif

And I was wrong...it was only one dribble. And three steps.
laugh.gif

Watching Pippen play was like watching a deer running through a field, as corny as that sounds. Dude was just fluid in all his movements. I can't really think of anyone I could compare him to. I look at Kobe, and if I take my glasses off he's pretty similar to Jordan. Same moves, etc. But who reminds you most of Pippen? Can't think of anyone myself...

So unbelievably underrated. I can't believe the stuff I've heard in recent years about him. Dude was not just MJ's sidekick. As sick of a 2-way player as the game will ever see.

So unbelievably underrated. I can't believe the stuff I've heard in recent years about him. Dude was not just MJ's sidekick. As sick of a 2-way player as the game will ever see.

Back
Top Bottom