Scottie Pippen Appreciation (2010 Basketball HOF Inductee + Own Statue)

^Let's not get carried away now. Greatest defensive player of all time? Nah.

Hakeem is the GOAT defender. Pip is the GOAT perimeter defender. Watch the range of players he guards in this vid. Who else guarded Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing?

^Let's not get carried away now. Greatest defensive player of all time? Nah.

Hakeem is the GOAT defender. Pip is the GOAT perimeter defender. Watch the range of players he guards in this vid. Who else guarded Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing?

Awesome player!
pimp.gif

He'll never get the credit he desreves cause he played with MJ, the gift & the curse.

I cant think of another defender i'd want roaming the perimeter & passing lanes.

He'll never get the credit he desreves cause he played with MJ, the gift & the curse.

I cant think of another defender i'd want roaming the perimeter & passing lanes.

Pippen and Barkely were my favorite players of that era. As you can probably tell, I was a heart-broken simp when the Bulls met the Suns in the finals. I remember opening a box of cards, and they had limited addition signed cards in which you had like a 1 in 1,000 chance of geting, and when I got Pippen's, I screamed like a girl being stabbed in a horror movie.

Pippen was def appreciated
pimp.gif

Pippen and Barkely were my favorite players of that era. As you can probably tell, I was a heart-broken simp when the Bulls met the Suns in the finals. I remember opening a box of cards, and they had limited addition signed cards in which you had like a 1 in 1,000 chance of geting, and when I got Pippen's, I screamed like a girl being stabbed in a horror movie.

Pippen was def appreciated
pimp.gif

nobody will ever play the point-forward position, at both ends of the court, quite like scottie did. dude was a beast. just ask magic, mark jackson, and charles smith.

nobody will ever play the point-forward position, at both ends of the court, quite like scottie did. dude was a beast. just ask magic, mark jackson, and charles smith.

love pip

if i can only find his home or away bulls jersey........beeen on the hunt for years

love pip

if i can only find his home or away bulls jersey........beeen on the hunt for years

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

love pip

That +%@ got to be on Ebay, he was a star

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

love pip

That +%@ got to be on Ebay, he was a star

my fave nba player of all time
pimp.gif
everythings already been said in this thread. loved watching pip play

my fave nba player of all time
pimp.gif
everythings already been said in this thread. loved watching pip play

Obvioustly don't post much, but this thread caught my eye.

I'm a big Bulls fan from back in the day, grew up in St. Louis where we didn't/don't have an NBA team so Chicago was really the next best option. It was also 1990 when I made that decision and the Bulls had Michael Jordan so...no brainer, even for a 10-year-old.

This was such a unique team to watch, from the singular talent that Jordan was, for the beautiful triangle offense, but maybe most of all because the "second" option wasn't a big guy in the paint: It was a Jordan doppleganger named Scottie Pippen.

Watching those guys play side by side for those years, I never truly realized how original the concept was. It was like Batman and Robin...if Robin were just as skilled as Batman, but with a few different weapons on his belt.

Total package. Freakish length. Great defender. Used glass like Tim Duncan. May as well have just gone ahead and been left handed as good as he was with it. Had a basketball coach back in the day that said don't watch Jordan. Watch Pippen. For the fundamentals. You'll never be like Mike. But if you pay attention to Scottie you'll at least learn something you can use.

Pippen was one of the greatest in-game dunkers ever. He'd dunk on anyone. Everyone loves the "Over Ewing" dunk in the playoffs, and it's nice, but I have a different favorite. Jordan's 55 point game is a goldmine, but buried in that goldmine is a Scottie Pippen jewel:

Starks shoots a shot from the corner, and Pippen immediately sprints down the sideline. Weak-side rebound to Blount. Perfect baseball pass to Pippen in stride. One dribble. Two. Step. Step. Launches from 3 hashes up outside the key, off one foot. Charles Smith comes over, leaps.

Pippen jackhammers that ++!@ right in Smith's face.

Love it. Every time I watch that game again I'm looking at that play at least 5 times before moving on.

It's really sad right now knowing that the Bulls are going in to meet LeBron James - childhood Bulls fan - without their biggest weapons. If they hadn't run such a dysfunctional organization in the 90's, if they'd had the forsight not to alienate their heroes, but to bring them into the fold, then I could envision a scenario like this:

Pippen on the left.

Jordan on the right.

6 pairs of rings on the table.

Come join us.

Game over.

Obvioustly don't post much, but this thread caught my eye.

I'm a big Bulls fan from back in the day, grew up in St. Louis where we didn't/don't have an NBA team so Chicago was really the next best option. It was also 1990 when I made that decision and the Bulls had Michael Jordan so...no brainer, even for a 10-year-old.

This was such a unique team to watch, from the singular talent that Jordan was, for the beautiful triangle offense, but maybe most of all because the "second" option wasn't a big guy in the paint: It was a Jordan doppleganger named Scottie Pippen.

Watching those guys play side by side for those years, I never truly realized how original the concept was. It was like Batman and Robin...if Robin were just as skilled as Batman, but with a few different weapons on his belt.

Total package. Freakish length. Great defender. Used glass like Tim Duncan. May as well have just gone ahead and been left handed as good as he was with it. Had a basketball coach back in the day that said don't watch Jordan. Watch Pippen. For the fundamentals. You'll never be like Mike. But if you pay attention to Scottie you'll at least learn something you can use.

Pippen was one of the greatest in-game dunkers ever. He'd dunk on anyone. Everyone loves the "Over Ewing" dunk in the playoffs, and it's nice, but I have a different favorite. Jordan's 55 point game is a goldmine, but buried in that goldmine is a Scottie Pippen jewel:

Starks shoots a shot from the corner, and Pippen immediately sprints down the sideline. Weak-side rebound to Blount. Perfect baseball pass to Pippen in stride. One dribble. Two. Step. Step. Launches from 3 hashes up outside the key, off one foot. Charles Smith comes over, leaps.

Pippen jackhammers that ++!@ right in Smith's face.

Love it. Every time I watch that game again I'm looking at that play at least 5 times before moving on.

It's really sad right now knowing that the Bulls are going in to meet LeBron James - childhood Bulls fan - without their biggest weapons. If they hadn't run such a dysfunctional organization in the 90's, if they'd had the forsight not to alienate their heroes, but to bring them into the fold, then I could envision a scenario like this:

Pippen on the left.

Jordan on the right.

6 pairs of rings on the table.

Come join us.

Game over.

Back
Top Bottom