Should I trade my car? Advice..

Haha ill have to pass on the contour. Yeah i think I may ask him to throw a little $ on top and go from there. I really love the corvette and thinking about DD'ing a vette sounds like fun to me.

If youre up for it you can probably do a decent amount of work on that car yourself anyway. Im assuming he's close to you? Go check the car out before you think about this anymore.

KBB is useless nowadays btw. You gotta look at the market because with the way things are now the market and KBB can differ a lot.

If youre up for it you can probably do a decent amount of work on that car yourself anyway. Im assuming he's close to you? Go check the car out before you think about this anymore.

KBB is useless nowadays btw. You gotta look at the market because with the way things are now the market and KBB can differ a lot.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

KBB is also a couple months behind and doesn't really take into consideration auction pricing for cars, is what i've heard as well.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

KBB is also a couple months behind and doesn't really take into consideration auction pricing for cars, is what i've heard as well.
nerd.gif

Yeah I should be able to do most maintenance myself or get a friend to help if need be. He isn't close. We would be driving halfway to meet each other. Kbb books my car for 14.5k and it says the vette is worth 10k but I have NEVER found a C5 for that price.

Yeah I should be able to do most maintenance myself or get a friend to help if need be. He isn't close. We would be driving halfway to meet each other. Kbb books my car for 14.5k and it says the vette is worth 10k but I have NEVER found a C5 for that price.

I would do that and you have something to drive in the winter sounds like a win to me

I would do that and you have something to drive in the winter sounds like a win to me

I keep watching youtube videos and looking at the corvette forums. I just really like having the ability to mod the car which I cant do as much with the camry.

I keep watching youtube videos and looking at the corvette forums. I just really like having the ability to mod the car which I cant do as much with the camry.

dont do it man, youll be able to sell that camry faster than that vette cause of the cost of maintenance. with gas prices the way it is no matter how much money he puts on top of it definitely not worth it IMO.

dont do it man, youll be able to sell that camry faster than that vette cause of the cost of maintenance. with gas prices the way it is no matter how much money he puts on top of it definitely not worth it IMO.

If your primary use of the vehicle is for daily driving, the Camry, hands down.
Really, other than the fact it's a 'Vette, This isn't even close. It's 10 years older, has higher miles and you'll be losing money on the deal.

Common sense says stick with the Camry.

Really, other than the fact it's a 'Vette, This isn't even close. It's 10 years older, has higher miles and you'll be losing money on the deal.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

and plus vette is gonna be thirsty for that gas. japanese >>> american. its gonna give you problems down the road. 

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

and plus vette is gonna be thirsty for that gas. japanese >>> american. its gonna give you problems down the road. 

Yeah common sense is the only thing holding me back lol I really want the car but like you said my car is newer, less miles, better mpg but I think if I get the vette ill keep it forever or a looong time. Im a junior in college so id prolly buy a better DD in a couple years and then keep the vette for fixing up. Building up the motor and stuff so in that sense the miles arent a huge deal. Practical side says keep the Camry but the fun side says get the vette. I dont have any kids so it seems like a good time to get a coupe. 

Yeah common sense is the only thing holding me back lol I really want the car but like you said my car is newer, less miles, better mpg but I think if I get the vette ill keep it forever or a looong time. Im a junior in college so id prolly buy a better DD in a couple years and then keep the vette for fixing up. Building up the motor and stuff so in that sense the miles arent a huge deal. Practical side says keep the Camry but the fun side says get the vette. I dont have any kids so it seems like a good time to get a coupe. 

Back
Top Bottom