Snowboarders Please Enter..

i been trying to learn this. it's tough. been trying to see if it's easier to rotate with the board perfectly flat or by transferring from edge to edge really quickly
laugh.gif
I can transfer edge to edge no problem, pretty much just do circles all the way down the hill like that lol but the way he 180s is something else. Learn how to go edge to edge, I tried to do it flat and just kept eating snow because I kept catching the edge. 

i been trying to learn this. it's tough. been trying to see if it's easier to rotate with the board perfectly flat or by transferring from edge to edge really quickly :lol:
I can transfer edge to edge no problem, pretty much just do circles all the way down the hill like that lol but the way he 180s is something else. Learn how to go edge to edge, I tried to do it flat and just kept eating snow because I kept catching the edge. 

yeah makes sense. i def was eating it way more when trying to do it flat. tough to get it as smooth as that dude :lol:

yeah makes sense. i def was eating it way more when trying to do it flat. tough to get it as smooth as that dude
laugh.gif
I just think its crazy how high hes getting the board off the ground to do those 180's. I cant even get my nose up anywhere near that high in a tail press. That's insane, I'm guessing hes been doing it for a very long time. 

It's easier to learn doing super wide turns Using the momentum of the turn as you lean into your press makes 180s almost effortless. You just don't notice it in the video because he's cruising and his turns are fairly tight.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that really made sense lol basically if you're coming super wide heelside you're almost facing the bottom of the hill. Even if you get on your nose and can only bring the board around 90 or so you'll be able to ride it out and you can work up from there. Cruising down the hill if you can't get the board around the full 180 you're eating ****. Hope that helps

Where the hell do I learn to 180 like that. He does it so effortlessly.

I've sort figured out how to do 180's, but it's not as smooth as that guy. The key is to put the weight on the back of your board as you whip with your forefoot. Then quickly putting weight on you front foot (was back foot earlier). Was able to do this a few times, but not nearly as smooth as that guy in the video.

First run of the season today and conditions were BAD to put it lightly. But we made the best out of it and still had fun

Got hit with some rain yesterday so there were a bunch of slush and ice patches which resulted in some trail closures. I was rusty :lol: Had a close call where I hit a patch of ice and somehow caught my edge. Ended up sliding to the bottom of the hill, head first on my back. Almost hit the fence :rofl: I tried digging my board into the snow when I managed to slide feet first but that did nothing

View media item 2297304

Nice Helmet and jacket. Name and model?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that really made sense lol basically if you're coming super wide heelside you're almost facing the bottom of the hill. Even if you get on your nose and can only bring the board around 90 or so you'll be able to ride it out and you can work up from there. Cruising down the hill if you can't get the board around the full 180 you're eating ****. Hope that helps
Makes sense, something I'm going to work on this season once I've got the boxes and ramps down. 

good stuff, man. will have to give it a shot

Let me know how it goes bro. Just think about pressing on that nose heelside and picture yourself rolling around it to your toe edge or vice versa
Somehow that makes a lot more sense. I need to get used to lifting the board as I do this. I can do it with the board almost flat but not getting it high enough for my liking. 

Somehow that makes a lot more sense. I need to get used to lifting the board as I do this. I can do it with the board almost flat but not getting it high enough for my liking. 
Even if your press isn't that strong you're swinging the board down the mountain so you shouldn't get caught up. You'll be tossing your own flavor on it soon enough lol

Watch that video again keeping in mind what I said. You'll see him initiate turns and just roll over his nose from edge to edge. If you ever have to hit a mountain with some first dayers it's a great way to let them keep up and not look like an ******* lol frontside backside frontside backside......

gsmokez gsmokez and grimeyy grimeyy

My wife lives in Toronto and she's shown some interest in skiing and/or boarding this season. I've only been to Blue Mountain last season. Any suggestions new mountains I should try? Might take a few of her friends sometime in February.

@gsmokez and @GRIMEYY

My wife lives in Toronto and she's shown some interest in skiing and/or boarding this season. I've only been to Blue Mountain last season. Any suggestions new mountains I should try? Might take a few of her friends sometime in February.
Honestly Blue mountain really is the best hill local to Toronto. I've been to Mount St Louis which is okay too, other than those two the rest are kind of just okay for beginners. Unless you want to make the 6 hour trip to Tremblant. I've heard amazing things about Tremblant, I'm heading there in a few weeks, pretty far though.

Honestly Blue mountain really is the best hill local to Toronto. I've been to Mount St Louis which is okay too, other than those two the rest are kind of just okay for beginners. Unless you want to make the 6 hour trip to Tremblant. I've heard amazing things about Tremblant, I'm heading there in a few weeks, pretty far though.

Was in Montreal a few years ago and skipped out on my chance to check out Tremblant. I've regretted it ever since. Have also heard some good things about that mountain.

gsmokez gsmokez and grimeyy grimeyy

Blue Mountain is definitely the best spot we have locally, but I would also recommend Horseshoe Resort.

Selling my powder board if anyone is interested. Brand new 2015 Burton Barracuda 157cm with Large Burton Mission bindings. Prefer to sell locally, in NYC area.

[@=/u/196020/gsmokez]@gsmokez[/@] and [@=/u/117258/GRIMEYY]@GRIMEYY[/@]

Tremblant is unreal. No night boarding tho and it ends at like 4 pm or something smh

I've lost confidence this season when it comes to speed :lol: I'm not slow but Im also not bombing down the hills

Back
Top Bottom