Snowboarders Please Enter..

Hah! I just watched that last night. He has a great channel, and some great tips from youtube. Pretty eager to go back up ASAP so I can try. I was contemplating buying a used board on CL, since this would be my 3rd time renting. But the deal I wanted got swooped up :smh:

I still have that Rome Agent 158 you can borrow for the season. Just lmk

Couple points Id add to this, specific to ski boots

Do both feet hurt the same? If its just one foot, then you might need a shop technician to grind out some more space in the plastic. You can choose this option for both boots if you want, but if they hurt the same then its possible its not the right fit

There are also aftermarket boot-liner options that are vastly superior to what comes with most boots. They have liners that give a better lockdown fit and are thinner and less bulky all at the same time. So this may be something to look into. Some of these liners are not cheap (couple hundred) but they're a lot cheaper than a new pair of boots if you're past the ability to return

Lastly, if you can return and decide to do that, keep in mind that some brands are known for a narrow fit
Just got my boots fitted and they are much better now, one thing however I have very flat feet and need an insole, could I just use the Dr Scholls that I use for shoes or do I really need to purchase insoles for ski boots?? 

Glad to hear the fit is better. Ski boots are always a work in progress, getting a little tweak here and there each season

You can probably use your old insole, although I wouldn't recommend something that has a huge heal-drop or something weird
Your biggest problem will probably be fitting a bulky sneaker insole into the boot, but if there's enough room without lumps, then you should be fine

I should of headed up to Tahoe today after the week they've had. But they're getting more starting this weekend and next.

Pretty sure I have a permanent tailbone injury from all the times I fell as a noob 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

@gsmokez @ElijahDukes Collingwood is getting hit pretty hard with snow. Should be a good week to head up to Blue Mountain [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
Nice, I'll have to check it out. I went to Glen Eden the day before yesterday, very unimpressed but I do want to try their little terrain park they have there. I suck with boxes and rails and it seems like it would be a good place to learn. They seem easy enough there, going to try it out next time I go. 

[@=/u/196020/gsmokez]@gsmokez[/@] [@=/u/38670/ElijahDukes]@ElijahDukes[/@] Collingwood is getting hit pretty hard with snow. Should be a good week to head up to Blue Mountain [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
Nice, I'll have to check it out. I went to Glen Eden the day before yesterday, very unimpressed but I do want to try their little terrain park they have there. I suck with boxes and rails and it seems like it would be a good place to learn. They seem easy enough there, going to try it out next time I go. 

I do need to hit Blue sometime this year

@gsmokez  Hands in the pockets is a big slap in the face for us 
laugh.gif
 I gotta learn how to ride switch and do 180s like that guy

I don't care about jumps or diamonds man If I was gonna be good at anything it would be on the ground work. the butter at 3:07
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:

@gsmokez  Hands in the pockets is a big slap in the face for us 
laugh.gif
 I gotta learn how to ride switch and do 180s like that guy
I know right 
laugh.gif
 I can ride switch but it's pretty sloppy and I can't get going very quick but I can't butter or 180 at all. Every time I've tried I face plant lol. 

First run of the season today and conditions were BAD to put it lightly. But we made the best out of it and still had fun

Got hit with some rain yesterday so there were a bunch of slush and ice patches which resulted in some trail closures. I was rusty :lol: Had a close call where I hit a patch of ice and somehow caught my edge. Ended up sliding to the bottom of the hill, head first on my back. Almost hit the fence :rofl: I tried digging my board into the snow when I managed to slide feet first but that did nothing

View media item 2297304

Where the hell do I learn to 180 like that. He does it so effortlessly.

i been trying to learn this. it's tough. been trying to see if it's easier to rotate with the board perfectly flat or by transferring from edge to edge really quickly :lol:

Back
Top Bottom