So Apparently Fox Has Ran Out Of Damnz

Damn

Asians wanna team up with blacks and Hispanics so we can get these dudes out the paint? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

tumblr_lyu0czzR8P1qct7cwo1_500.jpg

View media item 2189991

Last edited:
Those Asian orgs don't even create any buzz though. I read mma sites and barely see any talk of their events or even rising Asian stars. Not fair to compare them to Pride since it was the biggest organization in the world during its time, but it had stars that even American fans knew about. It sucks to see fighters that were some of the biggest stars in their day (yamamoto, gomi) get washed by unknown ufc fighters.

Exactly. There are none.

Had to Google everyone except Lucy Liu.

Sorry for my ignorance but Aziz Ansari looks indian.

I know India is in Asia but not really Asian American correct?

India is considered Asian, yes.

Although Asia itself doesn't really exist. That's for another thread though.

How you forget Ken Jeong and Eddie Huang tho

I'll give you Jeong but I don't think Huang is really a household name. Then again, neither of them probably are.

Damn

Asians wanna team up with blacks and Hispanics so we can get these dudes out the paint? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Interesting you mention this. Black and Asian solidarity was common up until recently. Check it out:

View media item 2189997
View media item 2189998
View media item 2189999

Ken Jeong has become a stereotype himself
People see him more as Leslie Chow than a doctor or a teacher from community

His dr ken show has me laughing though. His son on the show is funny.

Definitely not feeling this black vs Latino **** that's been brewing on NT lately.

Wack as hell.
No, in the census India is under the Asia section. So he's considered Asian for those purposes. But he's Indian American, just like somebody may be Chinese american( but that's not for census categories)
Hold up hold up.
Definitely not feeling this black vs Latino **** that's been brewing on NT lately.

Wack as hell.
I don't think it's just NT.

Not to derail but I try to be careful using certain words on NT because I know how people react but I mean Mexicans not all Latinos.
No, in the census India is under the Asia section. So he's considered Asian for those purposes. But he's Indian American, just like somebody may be Chinese american( but that's not for census categories)
WHAAAAT!?
I've only heard Americans say Indians are not Asians
Really?

So ya'll rep by the continent not country, I'm confused.

Canadians are from North America but they still Canadians.

So Indians consider themselves Asian?

I don't understand what you're saying. Indian people are from Asia, so they are Asian, just like Chinese, Japanese, etc. people are. No one from Asia introduces themselves as "I'm Asian" but they all fall under the same broad category, except for Russians who are obviously Europeans that happen to be in Asia. Again I don't understand why general Americans find this to be a difficult concept when the entire world understands it, and in fact the American government and every questionnaire I'ven filled out does too. On every form I've filled out, there is a box that says "Asian (Vietnamese, Chinese, Asian Indian,etc)" Indians look different but the culture and values are for the most part very typical of Asian countries

Last edited:
Are we not supposed to identify where people are from by continent anymore?

Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indians, anyone from the Asian continent is considered Asian.
South African, Ethiopian, Somalian, Egyptian, anyone from the African continent is considered African.

Different cultures, but from the same continent that's all it is.
Problem is that people group different cultures as being the same, when it's really not.
The census is just a product of that.

Last edited:
Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Indians, anyone from the Asian continent is considered Asian.
South African, Ethiopian, Somalian, Egyptian, anyone from the African continent is considered African.

Problem is that people group different cultures as being the same, when it's really not.
I know all that and am know questioning what I'm even asking ya'll
laugh.gif

Just never ever considered them Asian.

I have Asians, Indians and Middle Easterners all separated.

I know all that and am know questioning what I'm even asking ya'll :lol:

Just never ever considered them Asian.

I have Asians, Indians and Middle Easterners all separated.
What's Asian to you then? :nerd:

I think more descriptive terms would be southeast Asian to refer to Chinese Japanese etc and south Asian to refer to Indian, Pakistan etc would be more appropriate

People who look like Jeremy Lin
So all Asians look Chinese right?

Huh? You know damn well 95% of the country can't tell the difference in the different asian countries
I know that. If most people can't even tell the different Asian backgrounds, it will breed into what we just saw Fox News did in stereotyping.
At least KingKoopa is more progressive in what he sees as the main image of Asians.
Far too often I hear Asians being compared to a Leslie Chow or an Asian nerd.

Huh? You know damn well 95% of the country can't tell the difference in the different asian countries
I know that. If most people can't even tell the different Asian backgrounds, it will breed into what we just saw Fox News did in stereotyping.
At least KingKoopa is more progressive in what he sees as the main image of Asians.

I agree to a point. Im sure you dont know the differece between all Latino, black, or white backgrounds

I think more descriptive terms would be southeast Asian to refer to Chinese Japanese etc and south Asian to refer to Indian, Pakistan etc would be more appropriate

Except South East Asia is a real sub region on the continent and neither Japan or China are within it...

One of my favorite chicks I just found out is a conservative. And Chinese coincidentally. I found out cuz they had fox news on. My bay area liberalness would've gave a **** in the past. But the older I get thew more I realize they are ALL full of ****. Liberals included. Case by case.

I agree to a point. Im sure you dont know the differece between all Latino, black, or white backgrounds
Yep I sometimes do.
And Iike KingKoopa, I wouldn't have a bad image of whatever race they seem to represent.
My questions were not to talk down on him, it's rather to get a different perspective on what he sees as the average Asian.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom