SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

yeah, no matter the reason I dont see how giving someone extra money can be considered selfish 
Uhm, the same way someone can chase an assist record for selfish reasons. (Brandon Jennings @ McDonald's All America Game)

I find it amazing that yall don't understand how doing something for someone can have selfish undertones/motives
or actually I'll agree with you but rephrase my statement.

the action can very well be because of selfishness but that does not diminish the effects of the action.

hypothetically if someone tipped a waiter 5 dollars out of pure selflessness, that action is no different than someone tipping 5 dollars to feel like a better person than people on niketalk.com

If you can lie on the internet you don't actually have to do anything.
thats true, but whats the point of lying on the internet? impressing people you will never meet in your life? 

In my 13 years of Niketalk I still can't figure it out.

It's why I respect @ninjahood so much even if I don't agree with him.

He's the only person on this board where I believe pretty much everything they type.

The point is you tip dudes need to stop acting like you are looking out for some damn workers when you tip. Some of yall don't give a DAMN but are out here telling folks they have no morals

I said it earlier, I do it because it makes ME feel better and also because I know it'll make someone else feel better....I rather be the type of selfish person that makes a total stranger feel better than a selfish person that shafts and shames a damn waiter to stick it to the restaurant owner.

oh gotcha, yeah i agree

what actions do raise one's moral barometer? 
Morality is dynamic. Everyone has instances of showing it and not showing it.

Just kills me when folks try to call other people out for not showing it.

You got the most selfish and self centered selfie taking man in America in here talking about people are bad people for not Tipping.

What does Hillary promoting her brand have to do with the horrible people that don't tip?

Wether you want to accept it or not, when you go out to eat there is a social contract that you will be tipping whoever is serving you. If you don't like it, stay home and watch oily men in tights with meangene.
However, if you dine out and you don't tip you are a thief.

Last edited:

its like when a company does some charity work, people always try to discredit the company because they are just doing it for the PR. but even if that's true, who cares? they still did a good thing for the community 
So when Hilary Clinton goes to black schools and hits the NeNe, she is fine because she is spending time with poor black kids?

Even though we know she is doing it to promote her brand?
if the kids are getting something out of it (happiness, funding, ect..) then i dont see what the problem is.

everything in life is a trade off, people dont agree to do things unless both parties feel like they will get something out of the interaction

if hillary wants to promote her brand by helping out black schools then let her cook and be happy for the black schools for getting something out of it 

I got you. I stated other reasons but honestly I tip out of generosity. I eat out at least once a week so I can't see how that would be an ego thing every time. That ego boost would get old pretty quickly. I've worked ****** jobs but would never ever work in the service industry. Looks terrible so I pay it forward. I'm fortunate to be able to go out to nice places in the city now. I think it's just good manners. Not much more to that.
Dude, knowing that you made someone else's day better is s feeding the ego.

Having your ego fed never gets old. Stop it

Ye, if they really gave a damn, they'd be pushing for more fair wages instead.

No. Time equals money. If you don't like the status quo. You should be picketing. Taking the time to protest not tipping. Restaurant workers are and have been protesting but of course, you know this.

Morality is dynamic. Everyone has instances of showing it and not showing it.

Just kills me when folks try to call other people out for not showing it.

You got the most selfish and self centered selfie taking man in America in here talking about people are bad people for not Tipping.

You know me personally to call me selfish? Took you long enough to activate your troll mode

What does Hillary promoting her brand have to do with the horrible people that don't tip?

Wether you want to accept it or not, when you go out to eat there is a social contract that you will be tipping whoever is serving you. If you don't like it, stay home and watch oily men in tights with meangene.
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

roll.gif

Imagine setting up an NT meet over drinks and food at a nice restaurant and have everyone in this thread there when the bill comes around :rofl:

Dude, knowing that you made someone else's day better is s feeding the ego.

Having your ego fed never gets old. Stop it

Sorry. We don't share the same thoughts or ego. The only thought on my mind when I leave the restaurant is how good the food was or wasn't. My ego gets fed by learning, evolving, creating. Getting sucked off. Tipping, not so much.

Last edited:
Sorry. We don't share the same thoughts or ego. The only thought on my mind when I leave the restaurant is how good the food was or wasn't.
You JUST said you know what it is like to work in the service industry so that influences you TO tip.

So when you tip, you are looking out for someone that has went throw hat you went through.

That is a conscious decision. You WANT to make them feel good and appreciated.

That is feeding your ego

Sorry. We don't share the same thoughts or ego. The only thought on my mind when I leave the restaurant is how good the food was or wasn't.
You JUST said you know what it is like to work in the service industry so that influences you TO tip.

So when you tip, you are looking out for someone that has went throw hat you went through.

That is a conscious decision. You WANT to make them feel good and appreciated.

That is feeding your ego

You are really a weird dude man.

Imagine setting up an NT meet over drinks and food at a nice restaurant and have everyone in this thread there when the bill comes around
roll.gif
i would tip 60% and judge you for being cheap 

i would tip 60% and judge you for being cheap 

Since we are talking out of our *** and I know your cheap *** won't tip a cent, I'll play with you and raise your tip, I'll tip 100% of the bill if you tip 60%

Waiter/waitress bout to flourish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom