So, I just got the *$%@ scared out of me...

i hate 360's with a passion
mad.gif
here's my story though

so today i went down to my local gamestop and picked up nba 2k8 and a xbl month gold card. im as happy as a giddy school girl at this point
laugh.gif
. i take it home, pop it in the 360 and get my gaming on. (scola is a BEAST
eek.gif
pimp.gif
) i play for maybe acouple hours (3 tops) with a huge #%% server fan sitting right behind it supposedly cooling it. here's a pic of a similar one to show you how big it is:
fan_tray1.jpg

yeah, so im in the middle of a game beasting the sucky lakers with the rockets (
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
) and all of a sudden the screen goes blank. im lookin around like #$+ andthen i look at the system and see red rings. i literally stare at it like
indifferent.gif
forabout 15 seconds. then these are my exact emotions:
eek.gif
nerd.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
i panic like crazy imjumping up and down saying "no this *!!* did not just get 3 rings!!!!" while my mom downstairs is "shut yo #%% up and sit down!!!mutha*%@!&...".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
first i put the fan closer to it like for a minute and then i freak out more. i finally actually looked closer at the rings and realized it was onlytwo
embarassed.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
. soi unplugged it and restarted it and it booted up fine. i almost cried. seriously.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

i guess it was because i had it on a carpet floor or something. but as i type this i have about 6 fans on that **+%! now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
almost wrecked my day
tired.gif

It happened to me too.
i threw the controller to the wall,i swear i thought i saw 3 rings lol....

i got 4 red rings on mines .. i just went and bought another one .. Plus if that one goes bad Imma save all the money you using in electric. to cool the xboxdown .. OD .. LMAO ...

jrellcuse10 wrote:
4 red rings doesn't mean that it's broken. It means that one of the cables isn't in.
What you mean one of the plugs? That joint is in the garage ready for pick up by the trash company tomorrow .. LMAO .. I unplug and plugged it back upand it still had the red rings and microsoft was charging me 100 bucks so I said screw it! Help me out son .. lol

my little brother & one of my friends both treat their 360's like crap & theyve never had any problems with them

Originally Posted by SGS MM

jrellcuse10 wrote:
4 red rings doesn't mean that it's broken. It means that one of the cables isn't in.
What you mean one of the plugs? That joint is in the garage ready for pick up by the trash company tomorrow .. LMAO .. I unplug and plugged it back up and it still had the red rings and microsoft was charging me 100 bucks so I said screw it! Help me out son .. lol

yea, and its not 4 rings, it 1 full ring
try the new cables from your new 360 on your old one , if not its a component in the 360

Originally Posted by SGS MM

jrellcuse10 wrote:
What you mean one of the plugs? That joint is in the garage ready for pick up by the trash company tomorrow .. LMAO .. I unplug and plugged it back up and it still had the red rings and microsoft was charging me 100 bucks so I said screw it! Help me out son .. lol

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906652

Dude the fan is unnecessary. I played COD4 yesterday from 1pm to 12am. Touchedmy box before I got off and it was cool, fans working hard.

2 weeks ago my xbox got the red rings...i shipped it out to get fixed and its taking forever....soon im gunna have to get them on the phone and belike...
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom