So I saw a Salvation Army truck and it said...

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

^ Lemme know when you fix the link to the picture..Until then..my point has been proven

Cool fam. You've taught me a lot. I just won't believe any companies that promote going green unless that's all they exist for. Because that's impossible. Completely.

^ Lemme know when you fix the link to the picture..Until then..my point has been proven

Cool fam. You've taught me a lot. I just won't believe any companies that promote going green unless that's all they exist for. Because that's impossible. Completely.

I believe in a recent study, it said that the number of cars outnumbered the number of drivers. You also have to account the number of people ready to buy another car, and selling their current car wont get them much $ so it would be better to donate it. My parents just donated an old bimmer that was just sitting in front of my house.

so yea it would make sense for them to have an ad to donate your old car or boat or whatever. They will probably sell the scraps from the boat and camper

I believe in a recent study, it said that the number of cars outnumbered the number of drivers. You also have to account the number of people ready to buy another car, and selling their current car wont get them much $ so it would be better to donate it. My parents just donated an old bimmer that was just sitting in front of my house.

so yea it would make sense for them to have an ad to donate your old car or boat or whatever. They will probably sell the scraps from the boat and camper

They don't fix the cars and give them away...
laugh.gif
.  You guys are so dense.

Maybe not in the city, but in other places it's not rare to see cars rotting on people's driveways.  Hell, my Aunt had an old Nissan Sentra with busted heads in her driveway for 3 years just collecting dust.  Her intention was to fix it, but she just bought another car instead.  It's the same with Campers and boats. 

It will cost too much money for the Salvation Army to get those vehicles up and running.  They sell them to scrap/junk yards, where they get anywhere from $200-600.  That money goes directly to charity and you get a nice tax write-off in return.

Even though the car, boat, camper is worthless to society due to it's disheveled state, you can still make money by donating it to charity or taking it to a scrap yard yourself.  The metal is still worth a couple hundred bucks.

They offer this service, because people don't have the means to call a tow truck and tow the car to a scrap yard.  The Salvation Army (other charities do this as well) offer the convenience in exchange for a tax write off.

They don't fix the cars and give them away...
laugh.gif
.  You guys are so dense.

Maybe not in the city, but in other places it's not rare to see cars rotting on people's driveways.  Hell, my Aunt had an old Nissan Sentra with busted heads in her driveway for 3 years just collecting dust.  Her intention was to fix it, but she just bought another car instead.  It's the same with Campers and boats. 

It will cost too much money for the Salvation Army to get those vehicles up and running.  They sell them to scrap/junk yards, where they get anywhere from $200-600.  That money goes directly to charity and you get a nice tax write-off in return.

Even though the car, boat, camper is worthless to society due to it's disheveled state, you can still make money by donating it to charity or taking it to a scrap yard yourself.  The metal is still worth a couple hundred bucks.

They offer this service, because people don't have the means to call a tow truck and tow the car to a scrap yard.  The Salvation Army (other charities do this as well) offer the convenience in exchange for a tax write off.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Im sure if that happens they arent going to send you on your way and not take ur car. But your arguing that it is not likely that someone has a scrap car at home that doesnt work. Yet it is now more likely that they want someone to give up their only means of transportation. Sounds like someone might be a little too paranoid.

Son, you have to take in to consideration what we were given.

Keeping in mind that its in the BACK of the truck.

Do you know how much it costs to put an ad on a truck? Let alone many trucks?  Why would I put an ad on the BACK of my truck just hoping that the majority of people viewing it have a spare car lying around? How many people do YOU know with spare cars that they don't use AT ALL? From a business perspective, is that smart at all? 

As opposed to having them question whether they need to drive the car they're actually driving and possibly donating it which helps themselves (no repairs, gas, etc to worry about) AND others (one less car on the road, parts sold to help the poor)?

Compare how many people who have spare cars to those who want to be more "green". Is it even a contest?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm sorry, I tried to be mature about this, but your just a flat out dumb *%@
laugh.gif
By far he is one of the worst members on this board. Schooling him is simple as 1-2-3.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Im sure if that happens they arent going to send you on your way and not take ur car. But your arguing that it is not likely that someone has a scrap car at home that doesnt work. Yet it is now more likely that they want someone to give up their only means of transportation. Sounds like someone might be a little too paranoid.

Son, you have to take in to consideration what we were given.

Keeping in mind that its in the BACK of the truck.

Do you know how much it costs to put an ad on a truck? Let alone many trucks?  Why would I put an ad on the BACK of my truck just hoping that the majority of people viewing it have a spare car lying around? How many people do YOU know with spare cars that they don't use AT ALL? From a business perspective, is that smart at all? 

As opposed to having them question whether they need to drive the car they're actually driving and possibly donating it which helps themselves (no repairs, gas, etc to worry about) AND others (one less car on the road, parts sold to help the poor)?

Compare how many people who have spare cars to those who want to be more "green". Is it even a contest?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm sorry, I tried to be mature about this, but your just a flat out dumb *%@
laugh.gif
By far he is one of the worst members on this board. Schooling him is simple as 1-2-3.

Seriously, what the !%!! is he going on about? "Going green" and some @$%+? Where did he pull that out of?

Seriously, what the !%!! is he going on about? "Going green" and some @$%+? Where did he pull that out of?

This Bachellor fellow just cant take the L. And i came to this thread right after the BoA one with him sounding equally ridiculous 
roll.gif

Who the hell would think theyre asking you to donate the car youre driving at the moment you see the ad?
indifferent.gif
 I know plenty of people with cars just sitting with no idea what to do with them

This Bachellor fellow just cant take the L. And i came to this thread right after the BoA one with him sounding equally ridiculous 
roll.gif

Who the hell would think theyre asking you to donate the car youre driving at the moment you see the ad?
indifferent.gif
 I know plenty of people with cars just sitting with no idea what to do with them

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

You guys are dumb as rocks.

They are asking for donations of old vehicles and such like so many other charities do.

They do all kinds of stuff with them depending on the condition.

The charity makes money from what ever they end up doing with it and the person that donates it gets a tax write off.

People seriously think they are giving away boats and campers to the poor?!

Co-sign. Its really not that hard to understand.

They are asking for donations of old vehicles and such like so many other charities do.

The charity makes money from what ever they end up doing with it and the person that donates it gets a tax write off.

Co-sign. Its really not that hard to understand.

Originally Posted by 17708

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's entertaining

Originally Posted by 17708

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's entertaining

Back
Top Bottom