So NT, Are you going to tell your kids Santa Claus is fake?

Here is how I told mine to minimize trauma:

Me and the Missus: "Hey Kids, mommy and daddy need to talk to you about something. Now kids you remember how Uncle James got really sick and lost all of his hair and then he went to heaven?"

Kids: "Uh huh"

Me and the Missus: "Well Mommy has something similar. She hasn't started losing her hair yet but she will."

Kids (now sniffling): "Ok.....but....what....about....heaven???"

Missus: "Oh you don't need to think about that for a few months honey... Mommy is gonna be here for months still."

Kids (now really trying to fight back the tears): But......Mommy....y....you...are gonna go bye bye like uncle James????"

Missus: "Yes but it's gonna be a while...Like after your birthday...while.."

Kids (now both bawling): "God....Mommy....ahhhh!....Mommy!"

Me: "Just kidding. Mommy is fine. But Santa isn't real"

voila!

Here is how I told mine to minimize trauma:

Me and the Missus: "Hey Kids, mommy and daddy need to talk to you about something. Now kids you remember how Uncle James got really sick and lost all of his hair and then he went to heaven?"

Kids: "Uh huh"

Me and the Missus: "Well Mommy has something similar. She hasn't started losing her hair yet but she will."

Kids (now sniffling): "Ok.....but....what....about....heaven???"

Missus: "Oh you don't need to think about that for a few months honey... Mommy is gonna be here for months still."

Kids (now really trying to fight back the tears): But......Mommy....y....you...are gonna go bye bye like uncle James????"

Missus: "Yes but it's gonna be a while...Like after your birthday...while.."

Kids (now both bawling): "God....Mommy....ahhhh!....Mommy!"

Me: "Just kidding. Mommy is fine. But Santa isn't real"

voila!

yall must have had some weak christmases growing up to hate it so much...my kids will figure it out on their own but i wont FORCE them to believe either.

yall must have had some weak christmases growing up to hate it so much...my kids will figure it out on their own but i wont FORCE them to believe either.

There is nothing like making a Xmas Santa list with your child and baking cookies Xmas eve. The joy and excitement in their eyes. So to answers OP question. No I will not tell my child he is fake. I'm sure my eldest will figure it out on his own in the next couple of years but until then I'll make lists w/ my sons and watch them drop them off to the postman. Because I want them to have those memories.

There is nothing like making a Xmas Santa list with your child and baking cookies Xmas eve. The joy and excitement in their eyes. So to answers OP question. No I will not tell my child he is fake. I'm sure my eldest will figure it out on his own in the next couple of years but until then I'll make lists w/ my sons and watch them drop them off to the postman. Because I want them to have those memories.

Tell the truth, as a kid it was all about the gifts, idgaf who brought the gifts there,just as long as they got there

Why do you all keep acting like your kids will be any less excited knowing the gifts came from their real parents than from Santa Clause, and furthermore that it'll destroy their childhood? Exaggerate much? Sheesh.

No, my kids won't believe in Santa, the Eastern Bunny, and I'd try to avoid the whole Jesus thing too but chances are my wife will be into that, so I'll leave that one alone.

Why do you all keep acting like your kids will be any less excited knowing the gifts came from their real parents than from Santa Clause, and furthermore that it'll destroy their childhood? Exaggerate much? Sheesh.

No, my kids won't believe in Santa, the Eastern Bunny, and I'd try to avoid the whole Jesus thing too but chances are my wife will be into that, so I'll leave that one alone.

Tell the truth, as a kid it was all about the gifts, idgaf who brought the gifts there,just as long as they got there

See it wasn't just the gifts from "santa". It was the whole experience of christmas.

My parents had us write our lists to him, write a letter to him, make and leave cookies for him. Shoot waking up and seeing the cookies partially eaten and having a letter from santa was priceless..

When i got older and found out the truth that it was my parents, i appreciated them that much more for putting in that much work to make our christmas memorable when they could have just gotten us gifts and left it at that.

See it wasn't just the gifts from "santa". It was the whole experience of christmas.

My parents had us write our lists to him, write a letter to him, make and leave cookies for him. Shoot waking up and seeing the cookies partially eaten and having a letter from santa was priceless..

When i got older and found out the truth that it was my parents, i appreciated them that much more for putting in that much work to make our christmas memorable when they could have just gotten us gifts and left it at that.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Christmas will not be tolerated in my household.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

why settle?

I'll explain it that no Santa Claus isn't physically real but neither is Love or Truth or Justice but the ideas behind them are still important and that's what the holidays are about.

When I was a kid, some punk in my class made me cry because I stood up for Santa Clause
laugh.gif

Dude put up good facts that ruined it for me. So I'll let my kids learn through their peers, harsh but they gotta learn.

I'll explain it that no Santa Claus isn't physically real but neither is Love or Truth or Justice but the ideas behind them are still important and that's what the holidays are about.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

why settle?

When I was a kid, some punk in my class made me cry because I stood up for Santa Clause
laugh.gif

Dude put up good facts that ruined it for me. So I'll let my kids learn through their peers, harsh but they gotta learn.

I'll add that no Santa = no cookies and chocolate milk for me = no bueno.
They got this new mint chocolate milk at Target and you best believe I'm going to have my kids leave a big glass of that on the table..
**waits for someone to not understand my sarcasm because i'm on the internets**

let your kids be kids...

-J-

Back
Top Bottom