So Tiger Woods is in more trouble...and this time, it's from members of the Black community...lulz

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

wow really
roll.gif
, an opinion is sally is prettier than jane. Not white women are prettier than black women, that is a generalization. There are literally millions of black women on the planet, i am sorry you don't understand the difference, live your life
Yo dead this already. Club29 didn't say anything ignorant.

The fact that he said white women are prettier anyways simply implies he recognizes that black girls are pretty but he feels that white girls are prettier. Allthis extra shh you assumed he didn't say.

Originally Posted by Gello 201

nerd.gif

This guy Johnson Cooper is the reason for the electoral college. Him, and about half the other voters out there who vote for ridiculous reasons.

that person is a woman

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

This is Wood's mother, right?

alg_tiger_woods_mom.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Certainly looks like it--first time I've seen a pic of her. She could seriously pass for his older sister with the resemblance.

he look just like a dark skin thai dude. glad he claimed his mixed heritage. proud of mah boy.
smokin.gif

SuperAntigen wrote: I've always had mixed feelings about this "issue".

Why--because I'm all for being with the one you genuinely love, irrespective of racial identity. That said, I do--however--have a problem with those people (regardless of race) who seem to always find "attractive-negating" FAULTS within members of the opposite sex of their own race.

I have an issue with those people who REFUSE to see the beauty that is very much characteristic of their own race and instead, choose to glamorize and apotheosize those characteristics that are very much associated with certain racial populations. Ohh and relegating the "issue" to a matter of "preference" (
eyes.gif
) is evidence of a weak mind and an unwillingness to find/search for the reasons behind why you think [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"members of this gender of this race"[/color] are better than [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]"members of this gender from this other race"[/color]...of course, this is all imo...

As for Tiger, I can't "hate-on-him" because I don't know the guy well enough to say that he actively favors white women over Black, Asian, or Hispanic women. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and just say that he is merely a product of those communities he has been brought in.

I am in full agreement with your stance on this. I think everyone on here who dates a specific type exclusively needs to take a breather and read the abovequote.

If you think dating a specific type, regardless of your race and gender, makes you "special", then you are completely wrong. It just shows how blindand ignorant you are.

Like I said before, people need to read this.

Very well written post, my man.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I don't think he means asking for support, but rather going back to the community, and doing charity work in the urban community, starting foundations, etc.
So if Tiger thinks white women are better than black women his money aint good no more? Don't make me laugh.
Hey, don't ask me.
laugh.gif
Those aren't my views.

Actually, my original comment had nothing to do with money. When I said, "the athlete always reaches backto his "native" community...", what I meant was that--when everything else is crumbling around them, these alienated individualswill often times receive more sympathy, encouragement, and comfort from the black community--in a very PUBLIC WAY. And this definitely stems from the mentalitythat is ingrained within the collective of helping each other in times of need, but most importantly, maintaining a loyalty to each other. That said, thismentality can take very destructive avenues; still, minus those cases of perversion, the loyalty holds true.

It seems to me that the "loyalty" is at the heart of this "issue"--in more ways than one. The one that I think is worthwhile to discussrevolves around that fact that, irrespective of his ancestry, the truth of the matter is, the world at large, but most importantly, America will see him as aBLACK MAN and/or an African American.

I can't tell you how many comments and statements I've read to the tune of "Black men, what else can you expect..." that I've readonline. That's America being America right there. So the thing is, even if Tiger doesn't actively reach out to the black community, the fact of thematter is, he's fundamentally tied to it--and it seems unfair that, primarily, the population that is known as "black men" will suffer from hismistakes as an INDIVIDUAL man.

Why would black people wanna claim him anyway? That's just adding to the negative stereotype of black men being unfaithful...

Originally Posted by quik1987

Did you know Tiger Woods is more asian than black?

Did you know that in this country, at some point in the past, if you were 1/32 black, you were still considered black?

Point I'm trying to make is, regardless of how much more Asian, or Caucasian, or Indian his is, he will be viewed as a "black man" by thissociety. And his actions as "black man", will always be imposed and ascribed to the collective that is "black men" by the ignorant,majority, population.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Im Black and I LOOOOOVE the White women. So what?

Im Black if that matters.
I thought you were Filipino?

No.. but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night..and feel honored to be considered an honorary one.

Cause I love the Pinays too.

^ black people claimed him before that and even white people see him as black...remember that collard green comment made by one of his competitors a few yearsago...and the thing about hanging him or something a comentator made? i don't remember shots ever being fired at him about any of the otherraces/nationalities he's mixed with...he can call himself whatever he wants but American still sees him as black no matter what else he's a part of...

is anyone ever bothered by the term mixed? i really don't like to use it anymore cuz it just doesn't sound right...

they say stick to your own race/kind, but then they want freedom and hate racism. plz

Originally Posted by the coolness

Why would black people wanna claim him anyway? That's just adding to the negative stereotype of black men being unfaithful...

DING DING DING...that's one of the points I'm trying to make which I feel no one is seeing...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The thing is, whether "black people" claim him or not, is both out of his hand, and out of the "black community's" hands. He will beviewed as a black man by this society and his actions will just add to, and reinforce the list of negative stereotypes held by this country/society, concerningblack men.

I've already seen this in play...as I did when Kanye acted like a complete idiot.

Originally Posted by the coolness

Over in the sports forum multiple people said +*@# along lines of "well if we didn't know he was black before we know it now...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
".

smh.gif

I don't look at black men and just assume they are all unfaithful but it is a stereotype that is out there. Just like all white women are going to let youcheat on them.

I don't know. Sometimes I feel as many black men though LIKE to play into that "Mandingo fantasy-playa playa" stereotype.
Not even the stars but the "regular" guys too.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I don't think he means asking for support, but rather going back to the community, and doing charity work in the urban community, starting foundations, etc.
So if Tiger thinks white women are better than black women his money aint good no more? Don't make me laugh.
Hey, don't ask me.
laugh.gif
Those aren't my views.

Actually, my original comment had nothing to do with money. When I said, "the athlete always reaches back to his "native" community...", what I meant was that--when everything else is crumbling around them, these alienated individuals will often times receive more sympathy, encouragement, and comfort from the black community--in a very PUBLIC WAY. And this definitely stems from the mentality that is ingrained within the collective of helping each other in times of need, but most importantly, maintaining a loyalty to each other. That said, this mentality can take very destructive avenues; still, minus those cases of perversion, the loyalty holds true.

It seems to me that the "loyalty" is at the heart of this "issue"--in more ways than one. The one that I think is worthwhile to discuss revolves around that fact that, irrespective of his ancestry, the truth of the matter is, the world at large, but most importantly, America will see him as a BLACK MAN and/or an African American.

I can't tell you how many comments and statements I've read to the tune of "Black men, what else can you expect..." that I've read online. That's America being America right there. So the thing is, even if Tiger doesn't actively reach out to the black community, the fact of the matter is, he's fundamentally tied to it--and it seems unfair that, primarily, the population that is known as "black men" will suffer from his mistakes as an INDIVIDUAL man.
How can you say the athlete reaches back and then say they receive sympathy and encouragement from that community willingly out of some assumedloyalty?

I mean really Tiger don't seem like he wants that loyalty after making his ethnic background clear and firmly stating where he stands on the issue. So"athletes reaching back to their 'native' community" has nothing to do with him at all. It's like that article is going out if it'sway to talk about Tiger out of spite just because of the women he chooses to #+!+.

Think of it like this, there's a racial draft and the Asians choose Tiger or better yet he signed with them. He is no longer the black community'sconcern. I don't see this issue a problem for dude in anyway cuz it seems he doesn't care. I have yet to come across comments around here to the tuneof "Oh Tiger cheated on his wife? He's black what do you expect." I've specifically seen ppl keep it in general matters as far as famous andsuccessful men cheating on their spouses. If ppl are out there doing it I say ignore them. They're ignorant anyway.

I mean how we gonna suffer for one man's mistake? What dumb black man would allow that to happen? You try to holla at a white chick and she gonna turn youdown cuz you like golf thinking you gonna do her like Tiger did his wife? I find those scenarios hilarious since when this for some odd reason is such a bignews story it deals with rich ppl and the acts of a rich man should not affect or effect some low/mid income nobody. Females who think like that are stupid.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

I don't know. Sometimes I feel as many black men though LIKE to play into that "Mandingo fantasy-playa playa" stereotype.
ohwell.gif

they do...let Miley Cyrus start dating a black man...so many
pimp.gif
about howshe's down with the BBC and now she'll never be able to go back...

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

ohwell.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What does that even mean? Because he's with a white woman meansit's a "Mandingo fantasy blah blah" stereotype? Wth are you saying? Clarify that statement for me
alien.gif
[/color]

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

they do...let Miley Cyrus start dating a black man...so many
pimp.gif
about how she's down with the BBC and now she'll never be able to go back...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Okay, we get it. You don't like to see black men dating outsidetheir race.[/color]
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom