son comes out of the closet to his religous parents

They had no problem with him living there before this though. Kicking your kid out because who they have sex with? They are the one who sound like tools.

Do we eem know if that's a kid?...I doubt they kicking their "kid" out, I'm sure that's illegal..
From what I remember from this thread and the link to his crowd funding isn't he in his late teens?

He could be younger and with that voice he could be older but either way I think his motives are just examples of how he was raised.

If your secretly filming your family in expectation of an intolerant bashing just so you could expose them to the world, that you're that vindictive, they probably did a piss poor job in raising you character wise, setting an example, and all around being decent ppl.

Nonsense. I was raised a devout Catholic and I believed what the bible said when I was a kid.

Then I went to college. Then I travelled the world. Then an extraordinary amount of science led me to believe that man made religion in my opinion is a joke.

I went from one end of the spectrum to another. Doesn't sound "close-minded to me". Kind of a skewed generalization if you asked me, expected more from you.
eyes.gif
I am so sick of hearing these "i went to church my whole life" bull crap.

Same argument can be said for people who were atheist their whole life then converted.

the mind of a child is not the same as an adult. yea you "believed" but did you have faith?

Nonsense. I was raised a devout Catholic and I believed what the bible said when I was a kid.

Then I went to college. Then I travelled the world. Then an extraordinary amount of science led me to believe that man made religion in my opinion is a joke.

I went from one end of the spectrum to another. Doesn't sound "close-minded to me". Kind of a skewed generalization if you asked me, expected more from you.
eyes.gif

Same argument can be said for people who were atheist their whole life then converted.

the mind of a child is not the same as an adult. yea you "believed" but did you have faith?
I'd be interested to see statistics on how many people go from religious to non-religious and vice-versa.

I can't say for sure, but I have a pretty strong hunch as to which is more common.

They had no problem with him living there before this though. Kicking your kid out because who they have sex with? They are the one who sound like tools.

Do we eem know if that's a kid?...I doubt they kicking their "kid" out, I'm sure that's illegal..

Lol, what do you call your child when they get older? :rolleyes

Ok let me fix that

They had no problem with their son residing in their household before they got confirmation on who he has sexual relations with. If you are kicking your son/daughter out based on who they have sex, you have the issues not them.

Last edited:

eyes.gif

Faith is a huge part of believing what the Bible says. 

No not yet.

Just because everything can not be explained doesn't mean you just give up and believe in magic.

I don't see the problem in saying "I don't know" or "We don't know". There'll be a whole lot of things that won't be explained and won't have answers by the time my whole generation dies. It doesn't take away the value in being rational though nor does it strengthen believing in all powerful beings
Eh I don't really got a problem in ppl believing in a higher being. It's when that belief starts negatively and unnecessary affecting parts of life and society it has no place in.

While you think that's why it's so powerful. I can kinda see it as there's a lot of power in a masses of ppl burying their heads in the sand and embracing it. Stubborn, rigid, arrogance due to several personality faults they all commonly share and refuse to change.
I get what you're relying on now. I'm just not entertaining that bull ****. I thought I said that.
This is the rigid thinking I'm talking about. What scriptures? You speak as if there's only one GOD that belongs to one religion. That's not how the world works. Just look at human history.

You can believe in a GOD and not believe in any religious text especially the Abrahamic religions.

I'm not going to play semantics between the titles/lables of "GOD" and "higher power" The word "GOD" in of itself doesn't have a sole owner anyway. I could easily switch my wording to Ra, Jah, Zeus, etc. That arbitrary stuff misses the point.
bruh stop breaking down what I'm trying to say ... I'm on a phone and its difficult to follow plus u can easily answer one part of my question but not really answering the questions.

In addition I did say God = whatever higher power/being from whatever religion u believe .. In other words if God can mean Alah ...

Believing in your god goes hand in hand on believing scriptures (Bible or equivalent). You can't believe in a god and totally ignore what the holy book say ... That's not faith ...

Lastly I said that there are people that believe in a higher being something unexplainable it don't follow relegion or holy books .. They just believe in something ...

On the other subj I did ask a SRS ? About of science can't explain it does it mean we don't have the answer yet .. But eventually it can be explain?

As an Athiest, I'd love to see the reaction of all different cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds who happen to believe in religion. It'd be straight up comedy.

Just another reason why religion just continues to breed ignorance, don't even want to imagine how an Arab-Muslim religious family would react :lol: he'd probably be dead :smh:

That's a flawed way of thinking. Most people in the world don't accept homosexuality period, no matter what. America is just starting to accept it.

That's a flawed way of thinking. Most people in the world don't accept homosexuality period, no matter what. America is just starting to accept it.

No it's not flawed at all. When you look at many European countries who by far lead the world in Agnostic/Non-Religion statistics within the population, you'll see that many of those countries are very welcoming of homosexuals and lead the way in civil-human rights.

Certain parts of America are very similar as well. It's not a coincidence that the percentage of people with a higher level of education or economic powerhouses located in specific cities/states in this country have a much higher Agnostic/Atheist population. The Northeast, Cali, Pacific Northwest, etc. Thats the way it is. You can't refute that.

Think about Europe 60-80 years ago, how many god damn problems they had. The population during that time almost all followed and had faith in organized religion. Now things are a hell of a lot calmer and a hell of a lot more sane.

Not only are the numbers there, but common sense as well.

Certain parts of America are very similar as well. It's not a coincidence that the percentage of people with a higher level of education or economic powerhouses located in specific cities/states in this country have a much higher Agnostic/Atheist population. The Northeast, Cali, Pacific Northwest, etc. Thats the way it is. You can't refute that.

100%

Do you think the reactions to this video would be different if it was someone in an interracial relationship and their parents responded in the same way with racial slurs?

He is 20. So he is grown (legally anyway)

Lol, what do you call your child when they get older? :rolleyes

Ok let me fix that

They had no problem with their son residing in their household before they got confirmation on who he has sexual relations with. If you are kicking your son/daughter out based on who they have sex, you have the issues not them.

I Really dont think he was kicked out exclusively for being gay. I think that is the reason that the parents leaned on to actually tell him to get out.

I say this because everybody already knew he was gay. His mother and Im sure his father, and the other people in that room as well.
They all knew and he had been living there all along. I think he was kicked out because he was telling people that his parents didnt raise him, and badmouthing his father on Facebook and calling him a racist. And I think all of those tensions between them came from the fact that he is gay.

No not yet.

Just because everything can not be explained doesn't mean you just give up and believe in magic.

I don't see the problem in saying "I don't know" or "We don't know". There'll be a whole lot of things that won't be explained and won't have answers by the time my whole generation dies. It doesn't take away the value in being rational though nor does it strengthen believing in all powerful beings
Eh I don't really got a problem in ppl believing in a higher being. It's when that belief starts negatively and unnecessary affecting parts of life and society it has no place in.

While you think that's why it's so powerful. I can kinda see it as there's a lot of power in a masses of ppl burying their heads in the sand and embracing it. Stubborn, rigid, arrogance due to several personality faults they all commonly share and refuse to change.
I get what you're relying on now. I'm just not entertaining that bull ****. I thought I said that.
This is the rigid thinking I'm talking about. What scriptures? You speak as if there's only one GOD that belongs to one religion. That's not how the world works. Just look at human history.

You can believe in a GOD and not believe in any religious text especially the Abrahamic religions.

I'm not going to play semantics between the titles/lables of "GOD" and "higher power" The word "GOD" in of itself doesn't have a sole owner anyway. I could easily switch my wording to Ra, Jah, Zeus, etc. That arbitrary stuff misses the point.
bruh stop breaking down what I'm trying to say ... I'm on a phone and its difficult to follow plus u can easily answer one part of my question but not really answering the questions.

In addition I did say God = whatever higher power/being from whatever religion u believe .. In other words if God can mean Alah ...

Believing in your god goes hand in hand on believing scriptures (Bible or equivalent). You can't believe in a god and totally ignore what the holy book say ... That's not faith ...

Lastly I said that there are people that believe in a higher being something unexplainable it don't follow relegion or holy books .. They just believe in something ...

On the other subj I did ask a SRS ? About of science can't explain it does it mean we don't have the answer yet .. But eventually it can be explain?
I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about here or maybe you're not conveying so that I can understand right now. The concept of a GOD does not require any text holy or other wise, any scripture for you to believe in it. Please go look up what a deist is. It does not go hand in hand. You don't need a religion to believe in a GOD. If you can't accept that now go educate yourself so you can understand it later.

I don't get what you're saying when you say "your god goes hand in hand on believing scriptures (Bible or equivalent)." May I ask who is "my" GOD? Last I checked I don't have one :lol: I definitely haven't implied I believe in the GOD of the Abrahamic religions so I'm not sure what you're saying when you say one can't believe in GOD and not believe in some holy text. Besides that I don't think you know what faith is either. You can reject the holy texts as they were written by man and not believe they were inspired by GOD and still believe in GOD.

Maybe it's cuz you're on a phone but that last part isn't making much sense to me in what you're asking. So I'll kinda reiterate by saying if science hasn't found an explanation yet it doesn't mean you go running to believe in a GOD of the gaps. Yes, it's possible that something that couldn't be explained at one point can eventually be explained at a later time, if that's what you're asking.

I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about here or maybe you're not conveying so that I can understand right now. The concept of a GOD does not require any text holy or other wise, any scripture for you to believe in it. Please go look up what a deist is. It does not go hand in hand. You don't need a religion to believe in a GOD. If you can't accept that now go educate yourself so you can understand it later.

I don't get what you're saying when you say "your god goes hand in hand on believing scriptures (Bible or equivalent)." May I ask who is "my" GOD? Last I checked I don't have one :lol: I definitely haven't implied I believe in the GOD of the Abrahamic religions so I'm not sure what you're saying when you say one can't believe in GOD and not believe in some holy text. Besides that I don't think you know what faith is either. You can reject the holy texts as they were written by man and not believe they were inspired by GOD and still believe in GOD.

Maybe it's cuz you're on a phone but that last part isn't making much sense to me in what you're asking. So I'll kinda reiterate by saying if science hasn't found an explanation yet it doesn't mean you go running to believe in a GOD of the gaps. Yes, it's possible that something that couldn't be explained at one point can eventually be explained at a later time, if that's what you're asking.

Dude is lost Zik, don't bother anymore. It's beneath you.

Do you think the reactions to this video would be different if it was someone in an interracial relationship and their parents responded in the same way with racial slurs?
I tend to abhor equating race with sexuality so easily but I can pretty much say without a 2nd thought that similar posts would be made if this was about a parent's straight white son revealing that he wants to date black or Asian women.

Probably not the same posts from the same posters but I can see ppl saying he should grow up and be a man, move out and get yambs in his own spot or that he should respect his parents that clothed and fed him instead of secretly taping them for attention. Only difference is there'd probably be more ppl against the parents in this thread and the ppl that made those posts against the son would be called closet or out right racists/bigots.

Last edited:
I wasn't really trying to equate race with sexual preference as much as I was trying to equate the two types of prejudice.

Sometimes I get the feeling that a lot of people see homophobia as a more admissible or justifiable form of hatred.

As if I ain't get kicked outta my own house for too much partyin' and too many women...

...boo hoo N'.

Eat that...

...but respect your father and mother.

Sad thing is these type of bible hugging Christians are the racists I rant about. Bible Belt houses some close minded racist/prejudice individuals.

Feel bad for the dude that his mom bailed on him like that because of his sexual preference :smh:

If I had a son that was gay I would be hurt but I wouldn't just abandon him

Wowwwww just finished the last 1:30....man i felt bad for dude

If family turned their back on me like that when I was 20 I would be depressed as ****

Video made me ******* angry

Dude is lost Zik, don't bother anymore. It's beneath you.
way beneath ... SMH!!!! You two dudes keep commenting on each others replies. Cute ...

Master ... Again your believes are different from mines. You cannot sit there and say you are wrong if you think you cant believe in God if you dont believe in the holy book. There are billions that will say otherwise ... SMH.

Everything else is you jumping to a conclusion from me asking a question or not understanding what I'm trying to say. I'm done ..... Religion, politics, race are always a no win argument ... Carry on.

So, no one can explain the difference between someone making a choice to stick his penis in am underaged girl and a guy choosing to stick his penis and a booty hole? Can someone explain how one is a choice and the other is a compulsion?

NT always does this, say I'm dumb but can't explain why, which to me means you don't agree but have no logical basis for it, which I interpret as me being right.

Prove me wrong, I welcome it.

Last edited:
So, no one can explain the difference between someone making a choice to stick his penis in am underaged girl and a guy choosing to stick his penis and a booty hole? Can someone explain how one is a choice and the other is a compulsion?

NT always does this, say I'm dumb but can't explain why, which to me means you don't agree but have no logical basis for it, which I interpret as me being right.

Prove me wrong, I welcome it.
because one is between to consenting adults who are fully aware and understand the choice theyre making, the actions and potential repercussions of said choice/action and the other is not.

So a 15 year old can't consent to have sex? A 16 year old isn't mature enough to know the consequences of their actions? Are all these hs boys that sleep with their teachers innocent?

Idk, that I do not believe, nor do you.

So a 15 year old can't consent to have sex? A 16 year old isn't mature enough to know the consequences of their actions? Are all these hs boys that sleep with their teachers innocent?

Idk, that I do not believe, nor do you.

of course a 15 year old can consent to have sex. but in our society, we've determined that people under a certain age should not have sex with people above a certain age, for a number of reasons (emotionally, physically, psychologically). that's why laws exist to prevent it.

explain to me how sexual activity between two consenting adults is similar.

Last edited:
Well, laws still exist that say same sex isn't legal, for various reasons (promotin of family, state mores, pro creation [all legal reasoning, check the cases]) so I'm still not seeing why who one sticks their penis in is a choice in one sense and not in the other.

If y'all concede who you have sec with is a choice, then I've nothing else to argue, as that is my point. Whether they should have rights is a different case, and, I believe they should have every right that anyone else does (before we confuse my questions).

Sex between two consenting adults is similar to homosexual sex or the same between a 15 year old and a 21 year old are having sex?

It's similar because the basic assumption that one somehow reAched maturity at 12am on their 18th year of life is a fallacy, there are plenty of 15 year olds who take care of families, go to school and make 'grown up' decision, whom are more mature than a lot of these college twenty year olds. So, it depends on the person. Some twenty year olds have sex and get pregnant and ruin their life and a lot of sixteen year olds don't.

Plus you've already admitted a 15 year old can consent, and states like ks and Arkansas support said position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom