Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Luke is not going to flourish 30 years later.

If you want Luke to flourish, you'll need to wait until they recast a younger core and tell spinoff stories. Like how the rebuilt Jedi order get chopped down by Knights of Ren.

CWfvYD8U4AArIBi.jpg

So... I see some voice actors names here. :nerd:

Once this releases on Blu Ray I'm going to have the subtitles on during Rey's vision. Need to know what is said and who is saying it :lol:

Luke is not going to flourish 30 years later.

If you want Luke to flourish, you'll need to wait until they recast a younger core and tell spinoff stories. Like how the rebuilt Jedi order get chopped down by Knights of Ren.
One thing I'm not really interested in is recast anthology movies for Han, Luke, etc.

"These are your first steps" sounds like Ewan too

Let's use history as a guide shall we.

Luke Skywalker had no knowledge of what the Force was as he lived as a farm boy on Tatooine. Yet mid-way through ANH he deflected laster blasts from a remote on his 3rd try BLIND!
He "used the Force" instead of a targeting computer to place two proton torpedoes into a target less than 2 meters wide.
He could hear Obi-Wan speak to him and him only.

In Empire Strikes Back, an injured Luke (still without training) hanging upside down incased in ice reached for his lightsaber, closed his eyes and was able to Force pull it to himself. There was no prior training on this from anyone. He just did it in ESB. Later Luke called out to his sister Leia after failing to reach Obi-Wan. His instincts told him he could do this.

In ROTJ, Luke Force choked guards without prior training from Yoda. I honestly doubt Yoda would have taught him that move anyway. Seems a bit dark.

REMEMBER, Luke was training with Yoda but not extensively. The principals of the force, how to reject and respect the dark side, discipline, a clear mind. Those were the main things the Jedi practiced during their training. Luke learned an awful lot on his own. Much from instinct.

Circling back to Rey, she definitely seems more advanced than Luke at this stage in her life. However, her story is very different. Repressed memories and knowledge of the force seem to be what Rey is dealing with. She could have learned a lot by age 5 or 6. Rey knew about Luke Skywalker's legend. She knew of the force. She used it daily without thinking about it. When she scavenged through Star Destroyers and fought off thugs, she was practicing. She just didn't know it. When Kylo got in her head, I believe he awakened many of her dormant memories and help make Rey more powerful.

Besides, things like Jedi Mind Tricks were probably talked about among the thieves and scavengers on Jakku. I'm sure there were many ex-Imperials that spoke of Luke, Vader and the Emperor. Heck, Rey knew about Darth Vader as well.

Really considering to start the new canon shows, books, and comics. Need something to keep me occupied until Episode VIII.

One thing I'm not really interested in is recast anthology movies for Han, Luke, etc.

IMO, I dont really want a recast Han solo movie either. Would rather have an Obi Wan spinoff with Ewan coming back.
I'd settle for this. Big fan of Ewan.

That should've been the plan for after the prequels, the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the last jedi, sort of. All up in the clone wars and what not before keeping an eye on Luke. At least we'll get that with the upcoming Obi-Wan comic.

View media item 1835614
Star Wars saved my mans from potential cardiac arrest and type II diabetes
:lol: How early was it confirmed he'd be in the movie? I feel like he's been thin for a while now. I mean he's been on Flash nowhere near as fat.

That just goes to show that voice over work will keep you fed if you're good at it.

Man, I'm ready to go full Star Wars nerd again... Books, games, TV shows, whatever. I give no dambs :pimp:

View media item 1835614
:lol: How early was it confirmed he'd be in the movie? I feel like he's been thin for a while now. I mean he's been on Flash nowhere near as fat.

That just goes to show that voice over work will keep you fed if you're good at it.

he hasn't been as fat as he is in that first pic for a while but he's been dropping weight throughout the year too because he was still chubby in Flash and Kingsmen

this is another pic from the premiere

View media item 1835699

compare it to this from comic con

480335814-actor-mark-hamill-attends-comic-con-gettyimages.jpg

it's not a drastic difference but it looks like he's tightened up in a few places lol..

he's prepared for VIII :pimp:

Last edited:
View media item 1835614

he hasn't been as fat as he is in that first pic for a while but he's been dropping weight throughout the year too because he was still chubby in Flash and Kingsmen

this is another pic from the premiere

View media item 1835699

compare it to this from comic con

480335814-actor-mark-hamill-attends-comic-con-gettyimages.jpg

it's not a drastic difference but it looks like he's tightened up in a few places lol..

he's prepared for VIII :pimp:
I know he isn't the most talented actor but this just makes me wonder why he only has been in like a dozen actual movies before finding voice over work and being regulated to direct to video movies (that's pretty much all he does by the mid 90s). Again he's isn't Ford's caliber but he could've found a similar lane with being in action flicks. Hell maybe horror flicks.

Back
Top Bottom