Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It doesn't to me.. the council wasn't able to sense Palpatine all those years. So Finn's inability to doesn't automatically mean he isn't.
There is literally no evidence that he can use the force though. Not even a tiny bit of foreshadowing.

wait in ANH I though that was Obi-wan talking to Luke and not directly the force?

Imo obi wan force ghost tells Luke to use the force

And then the force tells him exactly when to fire

Are we still using spoilers boxes? Just incase

Okay yeah. That's how I understood it. That's also how I understood the last fight with Rey. Once Kylo mentions the force, she remembers what Maz says and allows the force to go thru her and guide her actions.

If we see Rey's training we might get a lightsaber building scene.

Last edited:

It doesn't to me.. the council wasn't able to sense Palpatine all those years. So Finn's inability to doesn't automatically mean he isn't.
There is literally no evidence that he can use the force though. Not even a tiny bit of foreshadowing.
Then why would Finn not sensing Kylo be your confirmation.. if there's no evidence then that shouldn't matter.

The only bit I picked up on was after the escape in the Falcon and I want to say both he and Rey asked each other "How could you do that?" and they both didn't know. So maybe him quickly picking up how to work the blasters/gun in the Falcon and tiefighter could show some force skill. Or he's just a clever regular guy who figured it out. I'm not saying he is or isn't, but not sensing Kylo didn't matter to me.

I'm very interested to see what Finn's role will be in this series. I'm like where its going so far. I wonder if he's still ________________ kid because I believe they explain that the First Order is taking kids and training them? (Isn't that what Jedi's do too?)

Are the KOTOR games still canon? I would love a visual or whatever easter egg in the movie other that Kylo's mask possibly being Revans.

Then why would Finn not sensing Kylo be your confirmation.. if there's no evidence then that shouldn't matter.

The only bit I picked up on was after the escape in the Falcon and I want to say both he and Rey asked each other "How could you do that?" and they both didn't know. So maybe him quickly picking up how to work the blasters/gun in the Falcon and tiefighter could show some force skill. Or he's just a clever regular guy who figured it out. I'm not saying he is or isn't, but not sensing Kylo didn't matter to me.
It adds to the fact that he is not force sensitive, it supports the argument.

Finn took like 47 shots to hit the first tie and the second one was perfectly lined up by Rey's flying, all he had to do was click a button.

He's shown as a very capable shot but nothing suggests that he's doing anything that would require the force.

Plus the story they set up wouldn't make sense to turn him into a Jedi

Underrated part of this movie was maz Canada talking to Rey about the force. It made it feel like magic again rather than the stupid midiclorians stuff George did in the prequels
Yep, I completely agree.
Tonight, I was able to 1.) appreciate Nyong'o's performance a lot more and 2.) take in more of what Max said to Rey... clearly she knows a lot more and is wiser than what we see in the movie.  For sure, there was probably more material, but they probably cut out a lot of it for the sake of pacing and whatnot.  
Are we still using spoilers boxes? Just incase
Yep, I still am... just to give the guys who haven't seen it more time... it's only been out for 4 days anyway.  

They really could not figure out how to give Vader a better cape?

Looks like a sleeping bag
IIRC, you were supposed to fold the piece behind the head down... kinda like a collar.  Doesn't make it look more like a cape, but at least it looks a bit better... 
laugh.gif

Obi-Wan had the same thing. 

folding da capes would often hasten the wear & deterioration of the vinyl...i learned this early on & stopped folding them...easier to store as well

if yall had a vinyl caped jawa...hope yall werent foldin da cape & takin it on & off all da time! :wink:

Last edited:
Maz looked into Reys eyes and saw the legacy of the force. Maz looked into finns eyes and told him to take the next ship to the outer rim :lol:[/img]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom