Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched ANH for the first time in a while last night. Time for a NT style obnoxious nitpick rundown like what we've been seeing the last few pages:

Why does Leia have an English accent in the first half and then randomly lose it?

How did Vader get away from the Death Star battle if the TIE series are "short range" fighters?

Why does Luke go insane with grief and rage when Obi-Wan, someone he barely knows, dies, but basically shrugs and goes "well, might as well leave Tatooine" when he sees the smoldering skeletons of his damb parental figures?

How did 3PO and R2 not get hit at all when walking between the hail of blaster fire between the stormtroopers in the beginning when shots were clearly going through them?

How are dozens of Imperial Stormtroopers, with supposed deadly precision according to Obi-Wan, not able to land one damb hit on this small crew of nobodies when firing all at once and having multiple opportunities to do so? Who taught these ****** how to shoot?

If Luke hates the Empire, why did he want to join the (presumably) Imperial Academy? So he could defect and join the rebels? Ain't no Rebel academy.

Doesn't the Empire know that the "hidden" rebel fortress is on Yavin 4 after the final battle? Why are they still there celebrating in the end?

Who made the Death Star with a hole that, when shot at, could destroy the whole damb thing? :lol: what's worse is that this glaring weakness is actually detailed in the damb schematics and nobody bothered to fix it :lol: ain't no quality control in the Empire?

:lol: :rofl:

Hmm, interesting points. I don't think any of that has been touched in decades, everyone who likes Star Wars thinks they are perfect and missed those. This must mean the prequels weren't bad movies.

Sarcasm aside, if you appreciate film and all its pieces, acting, directing, editing, chemistry, cinematography, set pieces, transitions , organization etc. while objectively viewing them then I don't know what to tell you if you still think they were solid films. Of course it had good qualities, just overridden by bad filmmaking in general. Should have been better especially with the growth in filmmaking since the decades between films. Not everyone is using nostalgia to judge these films. The irony is that's exactly what the folks who grew up on the prequels are doing as well, nostalgia tinted glasses from their childhood.

Last edited:
exactly, every movie has plot holes.

a good director can turn a terrible plot into a lot of fun on screen

the prequels are just examples of very poor film making at almost every level

What's funny is he brings up stuff about ANH which is directed by Lucas.

So yall over here talking about poor film makers when focusing on the prequels but in the same breath defending the poor film maker that took a plot with holes and made it a fun film and a cinema changing movie (at least according to a lot of ppl) :lol:

I like how tfa is getting a new generation into star wars.

The prequels could not do that.

Tfa may have had unnecessary things in it...but it had everything i wanted lol.

So yall over here talking about poor film makers when focusing on the prequels but in the same breath defending the poor film maker that took a plot with holes and made it a fun film and a cinema changing movie (at least according to a lot of ppl)
laugh.gif
thing is George Lucas used to be pretty good

Star Wars is a great movie and he deserves a lot of the credit for it

but that was 40 years ago, since then he has put up nothing but pure crap

he even got poop stains on the original movies.

what he did with star wars is different than what he did with the prequels. its a really simple concept to understand.

The Rock is one of the best action movies of the 90s

but now michael bay puts out nothing but garbage

john mctiernan is the greatest action director of all time

but he's not even a top 10 choice to direct an action movie today

20 years passed since a new hope and in that time it seems like the space jam aliens stole all of lucas' talent, because he didnt show any while directing those three garbage movies 

So yall over here talking about poor film makers when focusing on the prequels but in the same breath defending the poor film maker that took a plot with holes and made it a fun film and a cinema changing movie (at least according to a lot of ppl) :lol:
thing is George Lucas used to be pretty good

Star Wars is a great movie and he deserves a lot of the credit for it

but that was 40 years ago, since then he has put up nothing but pure crap

he even got poop stains on the original movies.

what he did with star wars is different than what he did with the prequels. its a really simple concept to understand.
It just reads like you're talking about 2 different directors when you're not which is why I find it funny.

The Rock is one of the best action movies of the 90s

but now michael bay puts out nothing but garbage
Eh, my view on stuff like this is if this is how you feel it's more likely the director is trash and just got lucky with a good script. Considering it was the 90s, Bay probably couldn't get the budget to ruin The Rock completely with more explosions.

john mctiernan is the greatest action director of all time

but he's not even a top 10 choice to direct an action movie today
This doesn't make sense to me unless dude is dead or too old to direct. Only other excuse is if you never heard of dude but you obviously do so I don't get why he isn't on your top 10 list to direct an action movie today.

That'd be like me saying DDL is one of the greatest actors of all time but he's not a top 10 choice to be the lead in my movie today.

Last edited:
do you really not understand how people fall off though?

to the point where it is like they are two different people.

there are stories about how the original star wars was a total mess and the editor saved the movie, so maybe we should just give lucas less credit as a director.

m night shyamalan directed some solid movies then went to total garbage. No idea why it happens but it does happen.

If george lucas comes out with a new movie that is well directed, I will give him props for making a good movie. If it's bad then I'm going to say its bad.

If QT's 9th movie is hot garbage, im not going to pretend its good just because I love his past work

and if goes past 10 movies and gives us 5 straight horrible movies, then I'll say he's lost his touch and is now a bad director.

sidenote regarding michael bay, he is a WAY better filmmaker than lucas. He just really really sucks at screenwriting and picking scripts. 

also, for the original star wars movie george lucas had to work with a team of people who shut down a bunch of his potentially bad ideas

in the prequels he had full control of everything and a bunch of yes men 

another example

byron scott went from coaching the nets to the finals twice and winning a COTY to legit being the worst coach in nba history

There were various quotes in 70's that Star Wars was going to be campy, terrible film. Williams' score changed so much. George thought film was going to be crap.

But it captured the nation.

Alec Guiness demanded to die in the film, got screwed with the force ghost angle. :lol: He had to keep coming back for scenes the next two films.

Naw thats not a reach famb thats fact.

some casual fans actually became less of a star wars fan after viewing the prequels lol.
Then you had the people that knew about the original star wars but hadn't seen them. ...then saw the prequels based off the lore...and were like "THIS is what those guys are so fanatic about?!?"

They are the yeezys of the star wars films.
there def are alot of people who like them...but thats just because of who made them and what they are....but they are complete. ..utter...garbage and my kids will not be allowed to view or speak of them.

Again, yall just in here bugging :lol:

I and other people have already said multiple times that we're not crazy about the prequels but to say that those movies didn't create Star Wars fans is just :rolleyes

I'm done. In any case, here's what made ME a Star Wars fan :smokin

82xo2Uc.gif

^^ if u think thats good i can understand that. People got different tastes. I got friends who love transformers.

but

Yall must have forgotten how anticipated the phantom menace was.

I was THERE.
MFS went to see ******* meet joe black just to see the TRAILER for that excuse for a movie.

The phantom menace was supposed to be the one.
The one that brought a sense of balance to the films.

But we were wrong.
I had hope but it was just a dissapointment and a failure and it breaks my heart.

Last edited:
when han solo is spitting game at leia and we see her slowly give into his charm but still show some attitude 
pimp.gif

thats how interactions between real people work

anakin says some random stuff about sand and gets to kiss her

thats not how real people interact, just terrible writing 

Back
Top Bottom